tModLoader Reduced Grinding

This mod looks amazing, as building farms can take a long time. My suggestion is to search up all items that have a drop rate of <10% and increase the drop rate to something higher but reasonable.

Please do it for all ankh charm materials as it is one of my favorite items.
I added configuration options for the rest of the shield ingredients, I'll do polls for them later. I wish I could do multiple polls at once.

I tried search for items by drop rates on the Terraria wiki, but I couldn't find a way to.

I believe it wont create the new values in the configuration json, so you'll have to move the file somewhere else, then rebuild to recreate a new one. Then you can compare the two files so you can see what changes you made previously, then you can copy those changes to the new file.

I added configuration options for the rest of the shield ingredients, I'll do polls for them later. I wish I could do multiple polls at once.

I tried search for items by drop rates on the Terraria wiki, but I couldn't find a way to.

I believe it wont create the new values in the configuration json, so you'll have to move the file somewhere else, then rebuild to recreate a new one. Then you can compare the two files so you can see what changes you made previously, then you can copy those changes to the new file.
The way is to search the item and the drop chance will be on the page. Please do it for many other accessories.

Updating this doesn't change the config file, right? I want to make sure I keep the bugfixes, but I also personally find some items way too common now(RoD).

Updating this doesn't change the config file, right? I want to make sure I keep the bugfixes, but I also personally find some items way too common now(RoD).
Yeah, it doesn't change the config file. One thing you can do is move the config file to a new location, rebuild the mod, rename the newly generated config file to something like "temporary.json", move the old config back, then use a text comparison tool like this one: link. Then you can add the new lines to the non-temporary configuration file, save it, then delete the temporary configuration file.

Corruption keys and crimson keys are to common I find 1 every other day maybe I'm just lucky as :red: add a drop rate option for after killing mech bosses please and thank you

Corruption keys and crimson keys are to common I find 1 every other day maybe I'm just lucky as :red: add a drop rate option for after killing mech bosses please and thank you
I did, it starts at line 10 in the json file:
Code:
  "BiomeKeyIncreaseForOneMechBossDown": 0.0012,
  "BiomeKeyIncreaseForTwoMechBossDown": 0.0024,
  "BiomeKeyIncreaseForThreeMechBossDown": 0.0036,
EDIT: Note that this adds on to the default 0.0004 drop rate.

I could only find the line "LootRodofDiscordIncrease": 0.1291, would this affect expert drops as well? Why isn't there a separate line for it like most of the other items?

I could only find the line "LootRodofDiscordIncrease": 0.1291, would this affect expert drops as well? Why isn't there a separate line for it like most of the other items?
Because some items don't have a different drop rate for expert, Rod of Discord is one of them. LootRodofDiscordIncrease and all other lines that don't have an expert configuration will affect both normal and expert mode.

Alright, thanks.

Would you consider adding dropchances of some of the cellphone items? How about percentage chance of what the traveling merchant sells / reward pools for the Angler?

Alright, thanks.

Would you consider adding dropchances of some of the cellphone items? How about percentage chance of what the traveling merchant sells / reward pools for the Angler?
I'll try to do that. I don't know how to do that, so I need to figure it out.

One thing that can help until then is imkSushi has a mod called imkSushi Mod: Potions Addon, which has an amnesia potion that removes the quest completed status for the current day (and this can be done multiple times).

EDIT: Oh, and I will add drop chance configuration (and polls for them later) for dropped cell phone material.

I want to update right now, but I'm currently trying to get help for some coding, so as soon as I get help for it, I'll update. It'll have the ability to increase fishing rewards, and hopeful it'll allow you to set rates traveling merchant items.

No offense man, but I think you ought to rethink some of these rates. Reducing grinding is one thing, but I don't want my inventory filled with Trifold Maps just because I went spelunking for a few minutes.

No offense man, but I think you ought to rethink some of these rates. Reducing grinding is one thing, but I don't want my inventory filled with Trifold Maps just because I went spelunking for a few minutes.
A lot of these rates were actually voted on (I took the average percentage form the votes). Some wanted high rates and some wanted it as low as possible, but I don't agree with all of them. There is a configuration file for everything in this mod, so if there's a rate or other feature you don't agree with, you can change it.

A lot of these rates were actually voted on (I took the average percentage form the votes). Some wanted high rates and some wanted it as low as possible, but I don't agree with all of them. There is a configuration file for everything in this mod, so if there's a rate or other feature you don't agree with, you can change it.
Did not know there was a configuration file, pardon my ignorance. Thanks for the response.

Right now, I'm trying to test out changes I've made to the travling merchant, so I'm asking for some feed back on it, while I'm testing him (it can take a long time to test because of the way Traveling Merchant spawns, so feed back can speed up the process):
  • Does he have an Old Shoe in his shop?
  • I set a 50% chance for Tin Can to appear in his shop, does closing the shop and re-opening it cause the Tin Can to sometimes appear and sometimes not appear?

Last edited:
Right now, I'm trying to test the travling merchant, so I'm asking for some feed back on it, while I'm testing him (it can take a long time to test because of the way Traveling Merchant spawns, so feed back can speed up the process):
  • Does he have an Old Shoe in his shop?
  • I set a 50% chance for Tin Can to appear in his shop, does closing the shop and re-opening it cause the Tin Can to sometimes appear and sometimes not appear?

No and no. The Old Shoe is from fishing and is junk, and his stock is determined by the day, not by the merchant.

Back
Top Bottom