tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

So, I made a Tmodloader server with this (prefixes for enemies), thorium, stats config, wing slot, second hotbar, large world enabler, world gen previewer, multilure.

Posting here because I believe prefixes for enemies is the culprit, me & my friend (2 person multiplayer only) ended up fighting a near-unkillable eater of worlds
for two reasons :
1 - primary reason it was spawning multiples of itself
2 - it made the server extremely laggy, and having a hard time catching up (note: I'm connected locally 127.0.0.1)

I'm not sure how or what happened, it was extremely difficult to see if it had any prefix, but for this to happen I supposed it had, even though my cursor always showed (eater of worlds)
Again I'm not sure but I wonder if the fact that we were killing the head, which made a new head "spawn" from the remaining segments, each time with a different prefix wasn't the source of the problem ???

either way, thanks for a fun mod

Just so you guys know, Hiccup probably won't be updating this mod (or any others he created) anytime soon. The Prefixes for Enemies mod is likely going to have more and more problems until it gets an update, whenever that may be. Especially if you use a lot of other mods and if you're encountering any issues/incompatibilities, I'd recommend disabling this mod for now.

This was his last post from a month ago regarding modding:
Quick update here. I've been much busier than anticipated this semester, and don't really expect to make any real updates to this or any of my other mods this year. I've not abandoned Terraria modding, but don't hold your breath waiting on bug fixes and new content. I'll try to find time to bring everything up to the latest iteration of tModLoader, but I won't be making any big changes.

Hope everything's going well for ya, Hiccup.

Just so you guys know, Hiccup probably won't be updating this mod (or any others he created) anytime soon. The Prefixes for Enemies mod is likely going to have more and more problems until it gets an update, whenever that may be. Especially if you use a lot of other mods and if you're encountering any issues/incompatibilities, I'd recommend disabling this mod for now.
I understand that more & more issues may arise buuuuuut
that would be a damn shame to disable it imho
me & my current terraria mate just thought a Tough StarScouter on Expert(from thorium mod) (with pre-hardmode equipment of course)
he rained us through projectiles, it was freaking hell, but it worked fine & we killed it. (I dunno if there was other modifiers cause tough isn't supposed to add a rain of projectiles like this. it was almost as if his firing speed was multiplied by 1000% or something like that. Not the first time I see this behavior on a tough enemy btw)

This mod a a :red:ing TON of FUN.
Afterward we killed a miniature starscouter, that was kinda fun too.

I mean it's super awesome to add content with thorium, or whatever other mod, but prefixes for enemies adds the randomness that terraria lacks, the other day I got killed by a reaper enemy (and with a midcore character that's helluva annoying lol :p )

@whismerhill Oh feel free to keep it if it's still working without any issues. That was just my advice to anyone seeing strange problems coming from this mod now.

I'm sure this still works fine enough in some cases. But when used along some other mods it's causing major problems now, like with Legend of Terraria 3.

yeah there's the occasional invisible enemy, most of the time not too annoying, only once in the dungeon did we get like invisible / invincible mages firing water bolts at us. a server restart fixes it, have not seen this particular situation more than once, definitely would not play this with hardcore character !

Just added this mod to my new playthrough.
The very first boss I did had (Desert Scourge) Petrifying touch. Fun times. 5/5 mod, would add to main game.

I hope you manage to fix all the multiplayer problems. The one I noticed so far was with the ring that shoots ice shards, they always shoot left corner, but I think you know about that one already.

There are some problems with multiplayer. Scourge Ring doesnt collide with enemys after some playtime ( reconnecting into server helps) and Ice Shard ring doesnt follow mouse. it works perfectly in singleplayer. Terraria 1.3.3.3, tmodloader 0.8.3.5.

Edit: Mobs are with different sizes for different players. If one player sees mob as giant and another as normal then that mob glitches trough roofs and so on (only for 1 player mob comes trough roof). So I had to secure my roof. some mobs also glitch trough doors and so on. I think that the problem starts with mob sizes and that each player sees mob differently.

Edit 2: That bell ring doesnt do anything (multiplayer). God i love that mod, but its a shame that it doesnt work correctly.

Last edited:
I hate that this mod isnt being updated, I love the weapons to death. However, When a boss such as the "Devourer of Gods" (Calamity boss) which is basically the insanely hard version of the Destroyer gets a single voodoo prefix on any of its hundreds of segments, the games basically over. Once that head touches you after you get petrified, You take over 500 damage. I wish that this mod was updated so the prefixes on bosses were removed. Many times I die to a boss is because of a prefix

I hate that this mod isnt being updated, I love the weapons to death. However, When a boss such as the "Devourer of Gods" (Calamity boss) which is basically the insanely hard version of the Destroyer gets a single voodoo prefix on any of its hundreds of segments, the games basically over. Once that head touches you after you get petrified, You take over 500 damage. I wish that this mod was updated so the prefixes on bosses were removed. Many times I die to a boss is because of a prefix

I have alot of fun doing Bosses with prefixes, its maybe not everytime cool and too hard but often it result in intense battles with a freaking accomplished result/feeling u never would get fighting the Boss everytime with the same stats.

I have alot of fun doing Bosses with prefixes, its maybe not everytime cool and too hard but often it result in intense battles with a freaking accomplished result/feeling u never would get fighting the Boss everytime with the same stats.
Maybe there could be an option for it, but sometimes the prefixes will make the boss impossible. Expensive summoners such as the truffle worm or moon lord will be painful to lose if the boss has a prefix such as voodoo or petrifying

hello, it has been a few months since I played with mods, so maybe this is not a problem anymore or I might be wrong thinking it as a problem. but I remember making crab engines, using slime and crab statues for material and hearts, big statue-spawned mobs used to get out of block-cages before they die from lava or traps. I would like to turn back to this mod and some other ones after tmodloader gets an update. thanks for awesome mod and your efforts

End-Game tank, building theme houses with cosmetic variety and legends. Green slime the reaper and demon eye ruined my day. The next day, early game summoner exploring jungle. I decided that I wanted an abeemination. Found hive, launching bee smashes me into larva. I die. 10 minutes later, Mid-game mage. Psychic umbrella slime knocks me into Devourer of Gods head. These are my bad times with this mod. Literally everything else is a good time with this mod. Good job Hiccup! Amazing mod.

Uninstalled but mobs are spawning with giant and frenzy prefixes.... not any others tho

I'm having a similar problem: I've literally removed the mod from the mods folder, yet the prefixes are still occurring, and by that I mean all mobs are still spawning with a random prefix.

Hopefully when the next update comes out (whenever that is) it'll fix it, unless there is a solution which I don't know about.

Fixed it

Clean out your mod folder fully and reinstall all mods except of course enemy prefixes , also delete all players and worlds.

Then it's gone and you can play normally.

THIS MOD HAS SOME DEEP ISSUES DONT USE

Actually, I found out what mod was causing the problem (it wasn't prefixes for enemies, a different mod that adds prefixes to enemies) but thanks for the help!

On a side note, this mod is an awesome mod, but it just makes the game a little too difficult for me.

Back
Top Bottom