1.3.4 is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are pumpkins broken by all weapons a new feature or a bug? it was not like that before and it's very annoying, i destroyed many because of that before they were ready to harvest
Yorai said here that they are looking into it, so it is quite possible that this might be reverted to the former behavior. Stay tuned.

They should make some kind of farming item for pumpkins then like planter boxes but bigger, surely change is very bad and there is no such change in changelog

Edit: Tx Tunnel King for information

I absolutly love the update.But i would like more waves AND loot of course.Maybe even more tower types?I would love to see post moonlord waves.
BTW,can you please increase accuracy of towers?Those annoying wyverns got my runs lots of times,till i got t3 ballista and t2 squire armor.

By the way, equipping those armors and accessories that let you have more sentries works best if you have a sentry from outside the new content.
The way the new sentries work is that your placement of them in the event is limited by the mana drops. However, the old sentries still work as normal.
Want eight Lunar Portals in addition to your ballistae? Go for it.

Are the new Sentry accessories not supposed to stack? I find that having the Squire's Shield, Monk's Belt, Huntress Buckler has the same effect as simply equipping one.

I'm currently doing a hybrid armor where the chest and leggings are Stardust while the head is Valhalla/Shinobi Infiltrator, since I don't like the Stardust Guardian while the latter two offer more Sentries + better defense (at the cost of an extra minion of course).

But yeah, question, are the accessories unable to stack?

Are the new Sentry accessories not supposed to stack? I find that having the Squire's Shield, Monk's Belt, Huntress Buckler has the same effect as simply equipping one.

I'm currently doing a hybrid armor where the chest and leggings are Stardust while the head is Valhalla/Shinobi Infiltrator, since I don't like the Stardust Guardian while the latter two offer more Sentries + better defense (at the cost of an extra minion of course).

But yeah, question, are the accessories unable to stack?

Im not sure, but i think they dont

Silly looks thing to fix/think about, devs. I'm wearing the full stardust armor and the new pets follow so close that the stardust guardian is covering them up. The dragon is always covered while the gato comes to the front if you spawn in another pet then spawn in the gato. Not a bug necessarily but they are super cute :)

Silly looks thing to fix/think about, devs. I'm wearing the full stardust armor and the new pets follow so close that the stardust guardian is covering them up. The dragon is always covered while the gato comes to the front if you spawn in another pet then spawn in the gato. Not a bug necessarily but they are super cute :)
I agree with this. I'd much rather see these new flying pets follow you around like the Baby Hornet or Zephyr Fish, keeping a bit of distance and move on their own.
Right now it's like they're on a very tight leash.

The DD2 sentries are usable out of the event after a certain condition is met! If you asked the tavernkeep about the Eternia crystal he will give you a hint about that! :happy:

That is being looked into as we speak :)
THANK YOU! If you guys fix / revert this change, this update will be perfect! Nothing more I could ask for! (Except maybe increased drop rates of medals in PHM normal mode).

One other suggestion from me before I go back to trying to kill poor Betsy... all of the new top tiered armor, each has extra sentries then there's, basically, a magic, range, melee, and life gen armor set. Can one of them add extra minions? Maybe one part of the Valhalla set? The defense on them is so much higher than the stardust armor but to not be as squishy you sacrifice minions. You probably thought it all thru already but I'd love it.

The real final wave is Wave 7. More waves seem to be unlocking as you kill more normal bosses. Only Betsy seem to be dropping a lootbag.
I only get to wave 5, then it stops. It even says the old god's army is defeated. And it was really easy. The barkeep only sells the first 8 items. Did I need to enter hardmode while he was present?

One other suggestion from me before I go back to trying to kill poor Betsy... all of the new top tiered armor, each has extra sentries then there's, basically, a magic, range, melee, and life gen armor set. Can one of them add extra minions? Maybe one part of the Valhalla set? The defense on them is so much higher than the stardust armor but to not be as squishy you sacrifice minions. You probably thought it all thru already but I'd love it.

I suspect that this is intended so we have two summoner classes; mobile (current minions) and sentry (DD2 style) rather than overwhelming minion army of both styles. Basically inside the event the "usual" rules don't apply and you can place as many sentries as you have green mana for (DD2 style mechanic) while outside of the event (once you reach the condition that Yoraiz0r hints at you for DD2 crossover sentries; no activation condition for existing) you can only deploy one sentry (of any type including Queen Spider or Frost Hydra for example).

The DD2 crossover armours and accessories then allow multiple sentries (even of the same type) with boni related to how the DD2 classes and sentries tie together (e.g. Monk armour and Lightning Pulse sentry).

I say this as in pre-Hardmode Expert this morning I had five minions (bee armour, bewitching table and summoning potion) and about 6 or 7 sentries (fire bolt) due to collecting up green mana during/between waves during the DD2 event.

Also noticed that the DD2 style mini-bosses drop loot directly rather than a treasure bag in Expert mode, not sure if this is a bug or whether the treasure bag in DD2 event only comes from the main boss (post-Hardmode)

Last edited:
I only get to wave 5, then it stops. It even says the old god's army is defeated. And it was really easy. The barkeep only sells the first 8 items. Did I need to enter hardmode while he was present?

Yeah, you need to enter hardmode if you want the better items.

I played the event on 2 of my worlds, one is my base world pre-hardmode in construction while the other was a world with the Moon Lord defeated. The former only had 5 waves while the latter got all the way up to the wave with Betsy.

I suspect that this is intended so we have two summoner classes; mobile (current minions) and sentry (DD2 style) rather than overwhelming minion army of both styles. Basically inside the event the "usual" rules don't apply and you can place as many sentries as you have green mana for (DD2 style mechanic) while outside of the event (once you reach the condition that Yoraiz0r hints at you for DD2 crossover sentries; no activation condition for existing) you can only deploy one sentry (of any type including Queen Spider or Frost Hydra for example).

The DD2 crossover armours and accessories then allow multiple sentries (even of the same type) with boni related to how the DD2 classes and sentries tie together (e.g. Monk armour and Lightning Pulse sentry).

I say this as in pre-Hardmode Expert this morning I had four minions (bee armour and summoning potion) and about 6 or 7 sentries (fire bolt) due to collecting up green mana during/between waves during the DD2 event.

Also noticed that the DD2 style mini-bosses drop loot directly rather than a treasure bag in Expert mode, not sure if this is a bug or whether the treasure bag in DD2 event only comes from the main boss (post-Hardmode)

You are right, that last part isn't a glitch, Betsy the dragon has a treasure bag (I'm playing post moonlord, expert).

I can definitely see what you're saying. I'm using one of the new accessories for the extra sentry and wearing Stardust helm and leggins with the Valhalla breastplate, just switched to that from full Stardust. If the armor wasn't so much higher in defense I'd stay full stardust, I love my minions, but with the other classes getting sentry bonuses and added melee/magic/range bonuses with the other sets, a bonus minion (not sentry) or two wouldn't be too OP, IMHO. Though on the flip side, the armor does give a bigger damage bonus to the minions. I'm sure the devs have weighed it all, they're really good at keeping things in balance, but still :)

You are right, that last part isn't a glitch, Betsy the dragon has a treasure bag (I'm playing post moonlord, expert).

I can definitely see what you're saying. I'm using one of the new accessories for the extra sentry and wearing Stardust helm and leggins with the Valhalla breastplate, just switched to that from full Stardust. If the armor wasn't so much higher in defense I'd stay full stardust, I love my minions, but with the other classes getting sentry bonuses and added melee/magic/range bonuses with the other sets, a bonus minion (not sentry) or two wouldn't be too OP, IMHO. Though on the flip side, the armor does give a bigger damage bonus to the minions. I'm sure the devs have weighed it all, they're really good at keeping things in balance, but still :)

I'm actually wondering on the last part (damage bonus) as Eve Online did something similar with drone ships to reduce load (think of them as a spaceship summoner class if you've not played Eve). Basically they halved the number of drones you could control and changed the skill that allowed additional drones (beyond five) to give and HP and damage bonus to drones all the way up to +100% (so still only five entities but back to the damage and HP of 10 drones). A couple of ships allowed you to control up to 5 more based on skill level and these gained (again) +% to HP and damage per skill level.

All that said the boni on the new armours don't fully compensate for the loss of individual minions which is why I feel it's intended as a DD2 summoner sub-class, I do get your point that it would be good to have one or two extra minions though (beyond that from summoning potion/bewitching table)

WRT the treasure bags I did read somewhere that they were boss and mini-boss but it might not have been patch notes to be fair.

Also, I like that the banners from the event have no functional effect, meaning that the event won't be flawed after just playing a few times. I kinda wish that the banners of all other invasions/events don't have an effect either, to keep the challenge. As well as the enemy banner scaling during said events.

@ppowersteef I can't vouch for the removal of the banner buff, but the idea of adjusting extremely common invasion enemies so that their banner drops are more reasonable is something I would like to look into when things have settled down. This adjustment was an experiment, because playing a single session of the invasion could give upwards of 10 banners for regular Goblins sometimes.

I don't think every invasion needs this, but in a few, (Pumpkin and Frost Moon for example), some of the cannon fodder mobs, like Scarecrows, behave the same way (hundreds per invasion). It may be reasonable to adjust them the same way.

Hey @OddGirl, as a huge summoning fan myself, I'd have loved to see one of these sets be a Summoning armor. But unfortunately, all of the functionality of the DD2 armors was inspired by the core classes from DD2, and despite the "4 Terraria classes : 4 DD2 classes" symmetry, none of them fit into the Summoning niche.

Rest assured, I'm always pushing for opportunities to enhance the Summoning class, but these 8 armors won't be that, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom