1.3.4 is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I've found through testing: Monk Armor claims to increase attack speed by 20%, but this only applies to melee attacks. Was the tooltip worded wrong or was it not intentional?
Edit: Ah man, this also seems to be the case for critical strike chance.

Last edited:
Another thing I've found through testing: Monk Armor claims to increase attack speed by 20%, but this only applies to melee attacks. Was the tooltip worded wrong or was it not intentional?

This is intended to refer only to Melee Attack Speed. I'll see about having it changed, some of these tooltips were getting very cramped and space is at a premium!

I thought this was Terraria, and I could play it like Terraria, but apparently being forced to play like Dungeon Defenders is the only "Allowed" way to play, ie, can't build traps or pits to control enemy waves, can't protect it by surrounding it with structures, must be on plain, flat land at ALL times ("The crystal pops right out. The barkeep mentioned it has to be on a flat, open area.")... Can't actually play it like you were playing TERRARIA! Whoever came up with this update might be surprised to realize some of us use pits and traps in Terraria!

First-wave mobs swarm so damn fast with nothing more than a single DD-style and Terraria-style turret to guard it, none of the drops remain after defeat, medals don't drop after completing a wave (when are they supposed to drop?)... and no official instructions or guides to using the stuff or setting it up?

I thought this was Terraria, and I could play it like Terraria, but apparently being forced to play like Dungeon Defenders is the only "Allowed" way to play, ie, can't build traps or pits to control enemy waves, can't protect it by surrounding it with structures, must be on plain, flat land at ALL times ("The crystal pops right out. The barkeep mentioned it has to be on a flat, open area.")... Can't actually play it like you were playing TERRARIA! Whoever came up with this update might be surprised to realize some of us use pits and traps in Terraria!

First-wave mobs swarm so damn fast with nothing more than a single DD-style and Terraria-style turret to guard it, none of the drops remain after defeat, medals don't drop after completing a wave (when are they supposed to drop?)... and no official instructions or guides to using the stuff or setting it up?
Reminder that this event is entirely optional. Plus, it's meant to be played like tower defense, which is what Re-Logic has been experimenting with so they could fine-tune Otherworld, since it will also have some tower defense elements. The object is to protect the crystal, which would be too easy if there were lava pits on either side of you. I like a good challenge anyway.

Crystals life regeneration rate is to low, and you can't heal it. Kinda hard in expert with crowd control. And those wywerns are worst, because they charges like martian drones and pass through blocks.

Oh yeah, also forgot - the goblin mobs pass through the ground, straight toward the crystal, as if they were ghosts or wraiths, so you can't even hit them until they are already at the crystal!

Oh yeah, also forgot - the goblin mobs pass through the ground, straight toward the crystal, as if they were ghosts or wraiths, so you can't even hit them until they are already at the crystal!

If they are underground, its because something, whether it be a height change, a pitfall, or the ground being way too high above the portals, resulted in them doing so.

This event is designed to be done on a relatively flat, open area. This is stated when attempting to start the event in an area that doesn't fit these qualifications. But the enemies will make do regardless, and if they end up stuck underground, they will continue in that way until they get to the crystal. I'd recommend posting a picture of your arena, or making a more flat battleground.

You can actually place normal terraria traps and make terrain more to your liking, you just can't have a giant hole along a flat plane (unfortunately lizhard traps don't do enough damage to make it work using them). I made the mistake of making a very short flat field (where i could see both portals on my screen), the enemies had too short of ground before they could already attack the crystal. So I ended up using somewhat of a sloped land, where every 100 or so blocks the land dipped or rose one block and that doesn't affect the location too much. Another thing is, you can build above the crystal provided it doesn't obstruct most enemies. (eg. platforms right above the crystal to dodge the giant's spit). So I don't think it's heavily restricted, you just have to mess around with the boundaries a little to find the right balance.

One more thing: all terraria traps affect the Etherian crystal (good luck avoiding that).

well, I followed the advice on finding the tavern keeper, but I've been looking for hours and I haven't found him.
I found him halfway down the ocean's floor, sleeping - I thought I'd found The Angler again! Apparently he's like some other NPCs, and can randomly spawn almost anywhere...

You can actually place normal terraria traps and make terrain more to your liking, you just can't have a giant hole along a flat plane (unfortunately lizhard traps don't do enough damage to make it work using them). I made the mistake of making a very short flat field (where i could see both portals on my screen), the enemies had too short of ground before they could already attack the crystal. So I ended up using somewhat of a sloped land, where every 100 or so blocks the land dipped or rose one block and that doesn't affect the location too much. Another thing is, you can build above the crystal provided it doesn't obstruct most enemies. (eg. platforms right above the crystal to dodge the giant's spit). So I don't think it's heavily restricted, you just have to mess around with the boundaries a little to find the right balance.

One more thing: all terraria traps affect the Etherian crystal (good luck avoiding that).
I find that spiky balls do wonders against the PHM invasion. I just place them above the portals, and all the enemies die before they can reach the crystal!
[doublepost=1479331104,1479331002][/doublepost]Are you guys considering buffing the drop-rate of the defender medals for the PHM event? Grinding for the defender forge PHM is a pain considering you only get 5 medals per invasion. Either that, or decrease the price of the forge. Please consider this @Yoraiz0r, @Cenx, @Leinfors, @Skiphs!

Are you guys considering buffing the drop-rate of the defender medals for the PHM event? Grinding for the defender forge PHM is a pain considering you only get 5 medals per invasion. Either that, or decrease the price of the forge. Please consider this @Yoraiz0r, @Cenx, @Leinfors, @Skiphs!

you actually get more in expert mode, I think it's like 15 for a win post-hardmode (tier 2, so post mechanical boss). don't remember the exact number, but nevertheless multiplayer gives tons more than either way in singleplayer does

you actually get more in expert mode, I think it's like 15 for a win post-hardmode (tier 2, so post mechanical boss). don't remember the exact number, but nevertheless multiplayer gives tons more than either way in singleplayer does
That's really nice! Do you know the numbers for the T1 event in expert mode?

That's really nice! Do you know the numbers for the T1 event in expert mode?

No, I only had a post-hardmode world that I used for farming bags, so i haven't bothered trying T1. If all tiers in normal give the same amount of medals then it's possible that completing the expert event always gives 15. I think T1 and the highest Tier of the normal event both give 5 (don't really remember exact amount off the top of my head). At the very least though, I'd assume that T1 expert will give more than 5 (maybe 10 at minimum).

No, I only had a post-hardmode world that I used for farming bags, so i haven't bothered trying T1. If all tiers in normal give the same amount of medals then it's possible that completing the expert event always gives 15. I think T1 and the highest Tier of the normal event both give 5 (don't really remember exact amount off the top of my head). At the very least though, I'd assume that T1 expert will give more than 5 (maybe 10 at minimum).
Thanks for the info man! I'll test it on my own and let you know the exact numbers!

Not meaning to play dev's advocate here, but I didn't mind the pumpkin harvest change much. During the Halloween season alone you can harvest thousands and thousands of them just going through the surface. Usually those last quite a while.

But from what I read here today, I think I'm alone there.
Thus, you could change your computer time to match halloween gametime and still get them. I gotta agree, it doesn't matter *that* much. Just a tiny bit annoying if you didn't 'expect' it.

Just to give everyone an example of how flat the terrain needs to be and how I am farming for medals, here's some pictures:

Capture 2016-11-16 16_03_28.png
Capture 2016-11-16 16_05_35.png
Capture 2016-11-16 16_09_15.png

End-game with full 7 waves, i tend to get around 80-100 each time.

Looking forward to playing this again. Another great update from the team good job guys and keep up the work. Time to do some grinding ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom