Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

This whole thing is extremely exciting, but I do wish you added a multiplayer. Even if it wasn't adapted for two players, people could share items by playing different classes. However, It would be great if the entire thing came out with a working multiplayer. Great job, and I hope to see even more soon!

I love how this mod works. I absolutely love it. I've had ideas for an MMORPG for a while... and seeing how there's no way on Earth I could make an MMO, I could give these ideas to you guys to use.

It involves dark magic, not just corrupted magic, but truly DARK magic. There'd be a side questline for it, dark areas, dark weapons, dark enemies. Standard darkness kek. I'd love to relay these ideas, and if you like them, help build the environment.

I love how this mod works. I absolutely love it. I've had ideas for an MMORPG for a while... and seeing how there's no way on Earth I could make an MMO, I could give these ideas to you guys to use.

It involves dark magic, not just corrupted magic, but truly DARK magic. There'd be a side questline for it, dark areas, dark weapons, dark enemies. Standard darkness kek. I'd love to relay these ideas, and if you like them, help build the environment.
Glad you are enjoying the mod!

Feel free to post your ideas in our suggestion thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/suggestions-thread.49208/

We'll definitely take a look, but no promises!

hi I was wondering when i downloaded the mod in the launch file there was a file in random Chinese and i cant delete it because it says it requires admin permission, and i tried to switch the file owner so i could delete it, but it wont work. don't know if it is a problem with my pc or the file.

hi I was wondering when i downloaded the mod in the launch file there was a file in random Chinese and i cant delete it because it says it requires admin permission, and i tried to switch the file owner so i could delete it, but it wont work. don't know if it is a problem with my pc or the file.
None of this mod should be in Chinese - this sounds like something at your end.

Hello just wondering if i can get some help with uninstalling the mod. I really liked it, but i do want to play vanilla again now that the new update is out, i can always reinstall later. i made sure to backup the Terraria files.

Hello just wondering if i can get some help with uninstalling the mod. I really liked it, but i do want to play vanilla again now that the new update is out, i can always reinstall later. i made sure to backup the Terraria files.
The automated installer has an uninstall feature.
If you wish to do it manually, you can either verify the integrity of your game cache via steam, or navigate to your terraria files directory and rename 'Terraria.exe' to 'TerrariaSTW.exe' and 'TerrariaVanilla.exe' to 'Terraria.exe'.

thank you. i had no idea how to use the first two methods so i just renamed the files. i just took a second look and now terraria.exe is still on patch 1.3.3.3 but terrariastw.exe is on patch 1.3.4.1, anyway to solve that?

Last edited:
thank you. i had no idea how to use the first two methods so i just renamed the files. i just took a second look and now terraria.exe is still on patch 1.3.3.3 but terrariastw.exe is on patch 1.3.4.1, anyway to solve that?
Do this, but for Terraria:
verifygcf2.gif

I did a full uninstall, so if I did a reinstall will I still have my old character. I did not rename any files, so will it still work?

Is there a correct way how to import my Vanilla/tMod character into STW? I copied over the player data files from tMod Player folder to STW Player folder, but I can't actually load the character. I see it in the Player Selection screen, but the icon is blank and pressing play does nothing. I even tried unequipping everything before copying it over.

Is there a correct way how to import my Vanilla/tMod character into STW? I copied over the player data files from tMod Player folder to STW Player folder, but I can't actually load the character. I see it in the Player Selection screen, but the icon is blank and pressing play does nothing. I even tried unequipping everything before copying it over.
STW and vanilla characters aren't cross compatible.

Sep 28th 2016
It's that time of the year again, autumn! What better way to celebrate than to drop some leaves while you're using the Magic Leaf! That's right, if you didn't figure it out we've got another release of STW!

This release brings STW to the current code base of Terraria (1.3.3.2) along with a slew of bug fixes found by you guys, and @Khaios, but who's counting! Besides the bugs we've updated and added a couple new things to the game:
  • Added a new friendly NPC named Pat to Ayeswell.
  • Added a new Player Owned World (POW) to Kriki! This one is a bit chilly... Winter must be coming!
  • Added leaf particles while using the Magic Leaf - thanks @Yoraiz0r and others at Re-Logic for the new tree poofing effect which made this possible! :D
  • Updated the spears right click ability to a charged attack!
  • Updated Mana regen logic! No more standing around while waiting for your mana to to regen - Mages rejoice!

Patreon:
In parallel with this release of STW, we are releasing our Official Trailer of STW and our Patreon page. Come check out the page if you'd like a bit of laughs as well as a chance to help get more involved in supporting and developing STW.

Without further ado here is our trailer:

Let us know what you think of the trailer via our Social Forum, Discord, Twitter, or our WiP Thread!

As always we've got some other updates and bug fixes in this release, and to see them all you can check out the change log below. Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************** Version 1.12a *********************
    * Updated STW to Terraria 1.3.3.2.

* Updated Spears right click ability to a charged
      attack.

* Updated Mana regen logic - Mage players rejoice!

* Added the NPC Pat in Ayeswell.

* Added a Snow Biome Themed Player Owned World in
      Kriki.

* Added leaf particles to the Magic Leaf when used.

* Town NPCs no longer attack Ferrousanguis Soldiers.

* No more hammering tiles outside of PoWs.

* Merchant no longer sells Shurikens.

* Demolitionist no longer sells explosives. D:

* Snake tile room in the Pyramid Dungeon will always
      reset now when the player Saves and Exits.

* Fixed a bug caused by grabbing inventory items
      while using a right click attack.

* Fixed shorcut not being triggered for the boulder
      dash room in the Pyramid Dungeon.

* Fixed shortcut not being triggered for the first
      spike jump room.

* Fixed a bug that prevented players from getting
      items from the Frozen Merchant.

* Fixed a bug that prevented Giant Worms from giving
      XP.

* Fixed a bug that caused backgrounds to now show
      how we indented.

* Fixed some text formatting for a couple quests.

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
[doublepost=1475715136,1475109333][/doublepost]Oct 5th 2016
Wow guys, just wow! Last week we released the newest version of STW alongside our Official Trailer and Patreon page. You guys loved it and we are very appreciative and thankful. In just one week we've had over 30,000 downloads! Thank you!

Now, we've been busy listening to feedback and bug reports and so we have another release for you! This one includes a Linux release of the mod, some QoL updates, and MANY bug fixes! You can check out the change log below to see all of the updates.

Let us know what you think of the update via our Social Forum, Discord, Twitter, or our WiP Thread!

Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************* Version 1.12.1a ********************
    * Linux release of STW!

* Minor updates to the Ferrousanguis, Sivania, and
      Odin's Fjord maps.

* Torches now throw an ember when left clicking
      except in Player Owned Worlds.

* Added the ability to remap hotkeys for Chemistry,
      Quests, Lore, and Game Tips menus.

* Several potions have had their sprites updated.

* Player can no longer go to the west of the Viking
      ship in Odin's Fjord.

* The Ferrousanguis doors in the desert outpost do not
      need to be opened to enter Idla's office anymore.

* Cloud in a Bottle has no sell value at shops.

* Falling Stars no longer fall.

* Jimmy (Angler) now lets you know how many minutes
      you have left in your challenge.

* Added an attempted fix for the out of memory
      exception on world transfers.

* Updated smart cursor to work a bit better when
      mining.

* Updated how Player Owned World files are named
      so that players with unique characters won't
      crash when they enter their POW.

* Disabled world generation showing for Instance
      Worlds.

* Fixed display for Silver Patron Helm.

* Fixed display for Gold Patron Helm.

* Fixed Pat's head from not showing up on the world
      map.

* Fixed several bugs caused by using a weapons right
      click attack and switching items.

* Fixed a bug where you could use a staff for 0 mana.

* Fixed a bug that caused players to endlessly mine
      ore for XP.

* Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze up when
      fishing.

* Fixed a bug that caused game to freeze up when
      a biome goblin spawned.

* Fixed a bug that caused "settling liquids" freezing
      when generating an Instance World.

* Fixed a null reference error when leaving Instance
      Worlds.

* Fixed NPCs hitting some things incorrectly.

* Fixed biome goblin portal animation.

* Fixed Merchant's Diary not appearing in the Lore
      menu.

* Minor text updates.

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
[doublepost=1476323177][/doublepost]Oct 12th 2016
Another busy week for the team fixing bugs and getting the Mac release of the mod out! Not much more to say other than that, so get back in to playing and give a big welcome to our Mac fans who will finally be able to join in!

You can now check all known bugs here: https://trello.com/b/ApqfNuNL/changelogs-and-bugfixes
You can now submit bugs via this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd5lbdSF1vVEYA0UD-Ty2-S3pJ_npFM1WrRGCydHgRo_34rHg/viewform

You can check out the change log below to see all of the updates.

Let us know what you think of the update via our Social Forum, Discord, Twitter, or our WiP Thread!

Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************* Version 1.12.2a ********************
    * Mac release of STW!

* Instance Portals now take priority over other
      teleports.

* Minecart Junction no longer over chargest players.

* Bad teleports in the Minecart Junction have been
      fixed.

* Guards no longer target the player if they are
      attacked by an enemy NPC.

* Background rooms that have doors closed no longer
      require the door to be opened to enter.

* Fixed typos - keep those reports coming!

* Fixed display for Silver Patron Helm.

* Fixed a right click bug.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
@MaxMinecrafter23
[doublepost=1476554516][/doublepost]Oct 15th 2016
Normally I would release two version of STW in the same week, but the bug we've fixed I feel is too important to wait until next week. We've fixed the bug that causes MANY players to crash when they enter into Sivania. This error is the System.OutOfMemory Exception. We hope that players will now find their STW experience more enjoyable. There are a few other minor bug fixes as well as the Merchant NPC in the desert getting a new look!

Code:
********************* Version 1.12.3a ********************
    * Made Super Terraria World 'Large Address Aware' this
      fixes the System.OutOfMemory crash several players
      receive when entering into Sivania.

* Can no longer travel to the East of the Flesh Pit in
      the Ferrousanguis Kingdom.

* Updated the spawn point logic in Instance Worlds so
      that players do not fall to their deaths when
      spawning.

* Graphical update to the Merchant NPC found in the
      Desert Outpost of Sivania.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
@MaxMinecrafter23
@shobiwan77
[doublepost=1480466542][/doublepost]Nov 29th 2016
With full stomachs from Thanksgiving we bring to you the next release of STW and a status update on multiplayer!

We've got a small release for you all today, which includes bug fixes as well as adding our top tier Patreon rewards. One reward that you all can enjoy is the new town NPC Talim Dao, if you're interested in some background lore. Something to remember with NPCs that are created via our Patrons is that these NPC are being designed to help bring to life the towns by allow some of our biggest fans to add their own NPCs.

Now let's talk multiplayer! Something else that has been included in this release is A LOT of behind the scene work for getting multiplayer up and running. We've completely rewritten how the Terraria Server and Client talk to each other - which is the first major step in trying to accomplish what we want. Now that we've handle the hardest part, we've got to just work on the messages (also known as packets) that the server and client send to each other as well as server side persistent storage of player data. We've got more than a handful of packets written which currently allows for multiple clients to download a character and play part of the tutorial on Tutorial Island.

We are going to be working very hard on getting the FULL tutorial playable (not without bugs most likely) by the end of the year. We will be inviting our Patrons to come try it out first. Afterwards, we'll most likely invite some members in the community to partake in a closed beta(s). Finally, a stress test open beta would happen. Currently there are no ETAs for the closed beta(s) or the open beta as these both strongly rely on the completion of the tutorial as well as development times from when our Patrons try it out.

I hope to give you all more information about multiplayer in the up-coming months while we also releasing some small content updates.

Code:
********************* Version 1.12.4a ********************
    * Added Patreon vanity outfits.

* Added Talim Dao - A unique town NPC with a
      background story.

* A Ferrousanguis Soldier in the Praesidium Fortress
      has been given a name.

* Fixed a bug with quest chests that caused the quest
      logic to not advance.

* Crystal Shards no longer have a sell value.

* Fixed some typos - keep the reports coming.

* Fixed some minor map bugs in Sivania.

* Fixed some minor map bugs on Tutorial Island.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
@MaxMinecrafter23
@shobiwan77
@Stupidlybad

Last edited:
Nov 29th 2016
With full stomachs from Thanksgiving we bring to you the next release of STW and a status update on multiplayer!

We've got a small release for you all today, which includes bug fixes as well as adding our top tier Patreon rewards. One reward that you all can enjoy is the new town NPC Talim Dao, if you're interested in some background lore. Something to remember with NPCs that are created via our Patrons is that these NPC are being designed to help bring to life the towns by allow some of our biggest fans to add their own NPCs.

Now let's talk multiplayer! Something else that has been included in this release is A LOT of behind the scene work for getting multiplayer up and running. We've completely rewritten how the Terraria Server and Client talk to each other - which is the first major step in trying to accomplish what we want. Now that we've handle the hardest part, we've got to just work on the messages (also known as packets) that the server and client send to each other as well as server side persistent storage of player data. We've got more than a handful of packets written which currently allows for multiple clients to download a character and play part of the tutorial on Tutorial Island.

We are going to be working very hard on getting the FULL tutorial playable (not without bugs most likely) by the end of the year. We will be inviting our Patrons to come try it out first. Afterwards, we'll most likely invite some members in the community to partake in a closed beta(s). Finally, a stress test open beta would happen. Currently there are no ETAs for the closed beta(s) or the open beta as these both strongly rely on the completion of the tutorial as well as development times from when our Patrons try it out.

I hope to give you all more information about multiplayer in the up-coming months while we also releasing some small content updates.

Code:
********************* Version 1.12.4a ********************
    * Added Patreon vanity outfits.

* Added Talim Dao - A unique town NPC with a
      background story.

* A Ferrousanguis Soldier in the Praesidium Fortress
      has been given a name.

* Fixed a bug with quest chests that caused the quest
      logic to not advance.

* Crystal Shards no longer have a sell value.

* Fixed some typos - keep the reports coming.

* Fixed some minor map bugs in Sivania.

* Fixed some minor map bugs on Tutorial Island.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
@MaxMinecrafter23
@shobiwan77

Back
Top Bottom