Experimental Features - Texture Pack Support and World Seeds!

Update on the clouds, I'm really glad because they actually do work, but I forgot to capitalize the Images folder, Is there a possibility that it could also load from "images" as well as "Images" just as a small detail to help those (like myself) who'd get worked up over nothing?

How do you get the custom textures to work?
Don't you have to have the images inside a folder named images/Images within the zip file or do you need the folder in the zip file?

Alright! No problem, would be great if it worked!
There is a still way to have Animation in armors, but it is done doing the Run/walk animation:dryadwink:
like Molten Armor, where the fire effect breaths when you move
and Fish Bowl, where the fish swims around when you move

Update on the clouds, I'm really glad because they actually do work, but I forgot to capitalize the Images folder, Is there a possibility that it could also load from "images" as well as "Images" just as a small detail to help those (like myself) who'd get worked up over nothing?
On Windows that should not have been a issue...
but on a Mac it might, as i heard that you can have the same file name with the same file extension several times (or folder)
as long as there is a difference in what letter are capitalized, Example:
images
Images
IMages
iMages

I think the issue is in the code where the Directory is tagged with "Case sensitive" or "Exact" :dryadwhat:
But also. this system is W.I.P. and in an early state, as it currently only support one .zip file-archive. one with a specific name.
Having an auto detect and an in-game menu where you can turn on/off texture mods, and their load order is at this point a dream, one we can hope for will happen down the line :dryadgrin:

Where is the asset folder?
Cause there is no folder labeled by that name.
By "Asset" he meant your "Terraria" folder within "Documents" Library :dryadrolleyes:
well to be exact:
C:\Users\{Your Username}\Documents\My Games\Terraria

simply add the texture files you want into the Texture Pack.zip's "Images" sub-folder (have to be .png files though.)
Short) \Texture Pack.zip\Images
Full) C:\Users\{Your Username}\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Texture Pack.zip\Images

For the texture pack to be detected and loaded it must be named "Texture Pack.zip" and be in the specified directory above.
actually no. it has to be named "Texture Pack", without the .zip behind it.
and i was Wondering why it didn't worked...
8036ab3c36b125e49a200a1c0d763d04.png

It is setup like that but it doesn't work.
So I'm unsure if it does work.
You have put files into the .Zip archive?

The altered textures within the example file, that was provided is "Wood Block" and "Wood wall"
So basically chop down a tree and place some wood blocks, if they are "Blue" then it does work.:dryadwink:

actually no. it has to be named "Texture Pack", without the .zip behind it.
and i was Wondering why it didn't worked...
8036ab3c36b125e49a200a1c0d763d04.png
That is because file-extensions to you is "Hidden" since .zip a know file-extension as Windows comes with a plug-in to use .zip files.
some of us prefers to have know file-extensions shown regardless, as it allows us to quicker recognize the file formats of files within a folder :dryadcool:
and we often do forgot it Hidden by default is, as it likely one of the first things we toggle to show on systems we use :dryadrolleyes:
(also if you look under "Type" in your folder window you will see "Zip-Komprimirete..." telling you it's a "Zip-archive")

You can toggle it on so you will always see "know file-extensions" if you want:
in a File explore window, hit the "Alt" key and select the "Tools" tab in the top of the window and then chose "Folder options..."
in this new window, Click on the "View" tab, and tag-off "Hide Extensions for known file types"

Sadly i have no idea the menu's are called in German.... %:sigh:

Texture Pack Support

Texture packs, for those unfamiliar, are add-on files, usually created by players for themselves or others, which change the appearance of some or all of a game's content. This could include weapons, enemies, NPCs, furniture, even the player. This allows a range of options to a player, from as little as simple tweaks to an item or two, to a full, sweeping redesign of the entire game's art.

A. Creating and Installing a Texture Pack
1. Texture pack files are saved as .zip files (with no password).
2. Texture pack files must be placed in the following directory:
On Windows, Documents\My Games\Terraria
On Mac, Library/Application Support/Terraria
On Linux, $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria​
3. For the texture pack to be detected and loaded it must be named "Texture Pack.zip" and be in the specified directory above. On Windows, the correct name and folder would look something like this:
View attachment 148343
4. The texture pack needs to contain only an "Images" folder. In the Images folder, any texture you include will replace Terraria's texture of the same path and name.
5. Replacement textures should be saved as png, gif, or jpg. These are the image formats currently supported for this experimental version of the feature.
6. We've also included an example file here. The zip file contains some basic texture images, as well as a sample zip file (named Texture Pack.zip) which can be installed to practice and test out the feature. The test pack replaces Wood blocks and Wood walls, so you know what to look for!

For those having trouble with getting texture to work, please make sure your images are Indexed with Transparency.

I see one issue I'll have is that I don't use or even have photoshop nor gimp.
Also I'm trying to use an existing texture pack that all the image files are in png format.
But it's not working regardless of the image files being in the .zip file within an images folder.

I see one issue I'll have is that I don't use or even have photoshop nor gimp.
Also I'm trying to use an existing texture pack that all the image files are in png format.
But it's not working regardless of the image files being in the .zip file within an images folder.

Most likely because its not an indexed color format, what are you using to edit this with? Windows Paint will not suffice! Gimp is free, I suggest you get it if you cannot afford Photoshop!

I'm not editing it.
Though I did work it out, I had the folder as images instead of Images, but regardless that it worked.
Tons of the images where broken or just showed up as pink boxes.
But at least I figured out my error, now it's a wait on fixing that texture pack[if someone does fix it] or find another one.

From what I've seen yes.
Also for images have the folder named Images[with a cap I] for it to work.
I'm uncertain if backgrounds, UI, or anything else would work in a folder separate from the Images folder.

Hey, can anybody help me out?
i'm trying to use the new texture pack feature (super hyped!) but it isn't working.
and not as in the textures don't load, when i put a "Texture Pack.zip" file in the specified folder, Terraria stops running altogether...
Terraria works fine when i remove it though

I am running Linux mint.
terminal output when attempting to run: http://pastebin.com/FDSEhmnR

I think i found a bug/glitch with the texturepack feature, i added an edited "Player_X_X.png" (X stands for a number) to the "texture pack.zip" and there is nothing changed when i open a world... (and yes i enabled useexperimentalfeatures)

From what I've seen yes.
Also for images have the folder named Images[with a cap I] for it to work.
I'm uncertain if backgrounds, UI, or anything else would work in a folder separate from the Images folder.

I tested the feature with an "UI" folder (with edited files) inside the "Images" folder (like the normal Images folder), the images are not working.

Back
Top Bottom