NPCs & Enemies Gravity Pillar - An fifth pillar for the thrower class

Burst

Empress of Light
Hello!

So we all know about the Lunar Event, Right? It's a little bit bad that the throwers don't have Lunar Event support. How about an fifth pillar? How about the Gravity Pillar?

The Gravity Pillar is an fifth pillar which spawns in the Lunar Event. It's based on throwing class.
Also, a few changes in the vanilla game are also included.

He has the same stats as his brothers.

Gravity Stealer
- has an chance to inflict the Gravity Disorting Debuff to the player at hit. It works like the Vortex debuff, but instead, it will only go two seconds and changes your gravity completly (like you would drink an Gravity Potion (i forgot the real name) )
750 HP

Gravitational Hopper
- is a black slime which is 50% less big as the King Slime. Has an chance to inflict Blind on hit.
900 HP

Gravitator
- shoots Gravity beams which will inflict the Gravity Disorting Debuff.
830 HP

Gravity Grabber
- has long arms and legs, tries to grab the player. When grabbed, the player gets the Gravity Disorting debuff.
1000 HP

Astronaut Skelly
-can throw bones insanely fast, which haves an chance to inflict Gravity Disorting.
800 HP

Anyways, he looks like an pillar, with 2 rips in it, colored white, and his pulse color is white. The background looks like an few planets, but, they are flying slowly up in a mysterious way. He spawns bluish-white creature from the Space. They are coming out of portals, like the Old One's Army event.

Once defeated, the message "The gravity is becoming unstable" is coming. This pillar is post-nebula. So Vortex - Stardust - Nebula - Gravity - Solar. :) (If you know better messages, write it down below!) He will drop Gravity Fragments after his defeat.

This fragment is used to craft the following:
Gravity Mask - 25 defense, 20% increased throwing damage, 25% increased critical strike chance
Gravity Breastplate - 30 defense, 25% increased throwing speed, Monsters are more likely to target you
Gravity Leggings - 20 defense, 15% increased movement speed, 20% increased throwing damage
Set-Bonus: Your throwing weapons have a 15% chance to inflict the "Gravity Coma" debuff, which stuns enemys, makes them fly up and inflicts damage, increasing, starting at 5%, going up to 30% before resetting.
"Bend Gravity at your will."

Gravity Piercer - 135 throwing damage, 6% critical strike chance, fast speed, strong knockback, inflicts Gravity Coma debuff + sticks to enemys.
Tooltip: "They won't even feel the ground under their foots."
Gravity Knife - 90 throwing damage, 3% increased critical strike chance, fast speed, weak knockback, pierces enemys, inflicts the Gravity Coma debuff.
Tooltip: "Stab into the gravity!"

Gravity's Will - allows high flight and slow fall, just like it's brothers. Looks like white crystal wings.

Changes
The Daybreak is now an spear which can shoot daybreak spear beams. Other then that, it's normal.
Celestial Sigil now needs only ten of every fragment, now needs Gravity Fragment and the moon lord's faces head-eye is now white, representing the Gravity Pillar.

CREDITS:
@Scribbles782 - For suggesting the monsters
@The Ancient Cultist - An big thanks to him, since he suggested the set-bonus, as well the new Dark Skelly (which got turned into Astronaut Skelly) monster, suggested the background and an new message and suggested that the monsters will appear out of portals.
@Redigit and the Rest of Re-Logic - For creating this awesome game

Alright, that's it!
Have a nice day!

EDIT: Some final changes + fixes.

Last edited:
Once a new class is fully fleshed out (own pillar and WoF emblem), we always want a new one. What's next, a yoyo pillar? :p Just ranting :p

Your gonna need a lot more of a suggestion than this. If throwing is gonna get a pillar then we need way more throwing weapons and armor. I can try to think of some things to make this a bit more fleshed-out tho :) I'll reply again with some suggestions soon!

Your gonna need a lot more of a suggestion than this. If throwing is gonna get a pillar then we need way more throwing weapons and armor. I can try to think of some things to make this a bit more fleshed-out tho :) I'll reply again with some suggestions soon!
Okay, here are some enemies-

1. Light Stealers- Okay, some mechanics will have to be changed for this. The Brain Suckler now gives Venom or something when he latches onto you. But the Light Stealer has a 25% chance to give the blacked out debuff on hit. (Get it? Because he steals light? ;))
- 750 Health
- 60 Contact Damage
- 85 Projectile Damage (Projectiles similar to the flow invader in speed)

2. Hole Hopper- This enemy i like a black slime on STEROIDS. It is about 50% bigger than the Rainbow Slime, and jumps as high as the King Slime, but faster and more controlled.
- 900 Health
- 90 Damage
- Inflicts Blind debuff

3. Gravitator- An enemy that throws small black holes that move slowly (A bit faster than the Magnet Sphere) and it pulls the player into the projectile.
- 830 Health
- 65 Contact Damage
- 85 Projectile Damage

4. Dargrabber (Portmanteau of 'dark' and 'grabber')- An enemy that has large dark arms and hands and tries to grab that player. When it succeeds, it holds th player still and gives them the 'cursed' debuff for one second.
- 1000 Health
- 70 Contact Damage
- 100 Hand Damage

I hope this helped! :) It was really fun to think of these! I will try to think of a 5th enemy eventually! :D

The Blackhole Pillar is an fifth pillar which spawns in the Lunar Event. It's based on throwing class.
Anyways, he looks like an pillar, with 2 black-purple little blackholes on it, and his pulse color is black. He spawns black-purple creatures from an other dimension
Hmmm... it sounds like it's based off the spoiler @Safeman released. And the devs have practically said this is not what it's going to be.

This pillar is post-nebula. So Vortex - Stardust - Nebula - Blackhole - Solar.
What do you mean by this? There's no specific order you have to do the pillars in.

Okay, here are some enemies-

1. Light Stealers- Okay, some mechanics will have to be changed for this. The Brain Suckler now gives Venom or something when he latches onto you. But the Light Stealer has a 25% chance to give the blacked out debuff on hit. (Get it? Because he steals light? ;))
- 750 Health
- 60 Contact Damage
- 85 Projectile Damage (Projectiles similar to the flow invader in speed)

2. Hole Hopper- This enemy i like a black slime on STEROIDS. It is about 50% bigger than the Rainbow Slime, and jumps as high as the King Slime, but faster and more controlled.
- 900 Health
- 90 Damage
- Inflicts Blind debuff

3. Gravitator- An enemy that throws small black holes that move slowly (A bit faster than the Magnet Sphere) and it pulls the player into the projectile.
- 830 Health
- 65 Contact Damage
- 85 Projectile Damage

4. Dargrabber (Portmanteau of 'dark' and 'grabber')- An enemy that has large dark arms and hands and tries to grab that player. When it succeeds, it holds th player still and gives them the 'cursed' debuff for one second.
- 1000 Health
- 70 Contact Damage
- 100 Hand Damage

I hope this helped! :) It was really fun to think of these! I will try to think of a 5th enemy eventually! :D
Thank you!

Hmmm... it sounds like it's based off the spoiler @Safeman released. And the devs have practically said this is not what it's going to be.

What do you mean by this? There's no specific order you have to do the pillars in.
It's not based on the spoiler, and i mean the difficulty the pillars are. Vortex is the easiest one while Solar is the hardest one. At least in my Opinion.

Thank you!

It's not based on the spoiler, and i mean the difficulty the pillars are. Vortex is the easiest one while Solar is the hardest one. At least in my Opinion.
Don't add your opinion into features that you want to be added.

Can you see that message? xD

Enm. The Blackhole Pillar is an fifth pillar which spawns in the Lunar Event. It's based on throwing class. It also suggests some changes to the vanilla game! (The thread, not the pillar xD)

He has the same stats as his brothers. I can't think of monsters right now, suggest some :)@Scribbles782 did suggested some.

The Light Stealer
- has an chance to inflict Blackout to the player at hit.
750 HP

Hole Hopper
- is a black slime which is 50% less big as the King Slime. Has an chance to inflict Blind on hit.
900 HP

Gravitator
- shoots black holes which can pull the player in it.
830 HP

Dargrabber
- has long arms and legs, tries to grab the player. When grabbed, the player gets the Cursed debuff.
1000 HP

Anyways, he looks like an pillar, with 2 black-purple little blackholes on it, and his pulse color is black. He spawns black-purple creatures from an other dimension

Once defeated, the message "Your heart is beating frequently" is coming. This pillar is post-nebula. So Vortex - Stardust - Nebula - Blackhole - Solar. :) (If you know better messages, write it down below!) He will drop Blackhole Fragments after his defeat.

This fragment is used to craft the following:
Blackhole Mask - 25 defense, 20% increased throwing damage, 15% increased critical strike chance
Blackhole Breastplate - 30 defense, 10% increased throwing speed, Monsters are more likely to target you
Blackhole Leggings - 20 defense, 15% increased movement speed, 10% increased throwing damage
Set-Bonus: Double tab Down to create an blackhole on your cursor - It will suck nearby enemys in it and will do 75 damage.

Black Piercer - 170 throwing damage, 6% critical strike chance, average speed, strong knockback, pierces 5 enemys.
Blackhole Knife - 120 throwing damage, 3% increased critical strike chance, fast speed, weak knockback, pierces 2 enemys.
Changes:
Lunar Hook now needs Blackhole Fragments, is now a five-hook.
The Daybreak is now a spear, which shoots projectiles, which still sticks on the enemys. It's really fast and has auto shoot.
Celestial Sigil now needs only ten of every fragment, now needs Blackhole Fragment and the moon lord's faces head-eye is now black, representing the Blackhole Pillar.

CREDITS:
@Scribbles782 - For suggesting the monsters
@The Ancient Cultist - For suggesting the set-bonus
@Redigit and the Rest of Re-Logic - For creating this awesome game

Alright, that's it! Suggest some changes! Have a nice day!
How about a Dark Skelly enemy? It would throw bones and act like Bone Lee and it would be black like the other monsters would be (at least that's my assumption). The bones would deal, I'd say, about 20 damage, but he would throw them insanely fast, and Dark Skelly is very accurate. The bones have a 15% chance to inflict the Darkness debuff (because he throws the bones so often, and is very accurate.)
[doublepost=1479771514,1479771428][/doublepost]How about instead of "Your heart is beating frequently", you have "Dark spots appear in your vision"?
[doublepost=1479771698][/doublepost]You should also have the enemies appear out of portals like the Old One's Army. Oooo, how about the background (like the other pillars feature planets in the background) there would still be planets but they would be mysteriously dotting out of the sky (since black holes are invisible).

I like this idea, quite a lot, but Blackhole Pillar feels a bit weird when compared to the other names; Stardust, Solar, Vortex and Nebula. Why not Gravity?
Because Blackholes are fitting to the hole universe-moon-celestial feeling from the event.

While the suggestion iteself is very detailed and fleshed out, the internal concept is quite lacking. Personally, I don't see a reason why we would need to have a pillar like this, because of a few key reasons. First of all, the throwing class isn't complete, and there are many holes in the thrower class (such as an emblem, armors, post-plantera options,etc.), so before we even dive deep into the late game tier, we should instead focus on the throwe class intems BEFORE that. Second, you really have to tweek the weapons that we already have like the Daybreak, so they can successfully transition to thrower weapons.

It's no longer WIP.
This isn't necesssary.

While the suggestion iteself is very detailed and fleshed out, the internal concept is quite lacking. Personally, I don't see a reason why we would need to have a pillar like this, because of a few key reasons. First of all, the throwing class isn't complete, and there are many holes in the thrower class (such as an emblem, armors, post-plantera options,etc.), so before we even dive deep into the late game tier, we should instead focus on the throwe class intems BEFORE that. Second, you really have to tweek the weapons that we already have like the Daybreak, so they can successfully transition to thrower weapons.

This isn't necesssary.

Thank you for the words! I redone the damage of the Blackhole Pillar weapons. :)
I wanted to do that as my next suggestion (that with the armors and plantera stuff) so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom