3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Found a bug with the zoomed-in grid view mode (don't really know it's actual name XD) and the Bone Pickaxe.
When selecting the Bone Pickaxe on the left column, and then selecting an item on the right column afterwards, the item gets "used up" and vanishes from your inventory. If you have more that one of that item, its count goes down by one. Unsure if it does that to items on the left, but I don't wanna to take chance.
Also...

I have a bug on my 3DS that really annoys me. In the building GUI, whenever I select an item that is beyond the GUI's distance in the scroll wheel where the items that is currently selected, It warps my selection right back to where the selected block was and forces me to select blocks next to the selected block all the way to the item I want to use. Its INCREDIBLY aggravating and annoying and it wont stop.

EDIT: Its gotten me killed TWICE by Ocram! (Yes, I use the GUI as a easy-aim.)

This has bugged me too for the longest time (since 1.03 or whenever it became like that).

Hey @Deanzor , would you like to take a look if there's anything wrong with getting the king slime trophy? As the friend up there (page 02, I think), I'm having the same kind of problem ... I've already killed over 120 and the trophy did not appear ...

I'm not asking you to change the chances of getting it, but rather check if the update did not negatively alter something related to this trophy ...

Thanks and congratulations to the great work with the game. Few companies continue to support 3DS games after the release.

"Im done I keep getting to a really good point in the game then my world crashes... I really dont want to play the game if my progress is deleted:("
-User On Miiverse
I found this on Miiverse but he didn't really give me much of an answer as of to why his game was crashing.He Claims he has a N3DS but that didn't really open my mind to anything.I have a N3DS and I haven't had a crash in a LONG time.So I'm not so sure why he's crashing.Maybe this is something to look into @Deanzor ?
[doublepost=1480052848,1480052710][/doublepost]:(I know deep down that 1.04bwas supposed to bring good...But...I'm seeing ALOT of Bad...Nothing against the Developers.I understand these bugs kinda came out of nowhere...:sigh:Oh how the world works sometimes...Such Bull every now and then....

I'm curious, I know this isn't a bug but it's standing out as an anomaly to me; I'm seeing giant turtles spawn way more often in the underground jungle. I know they're capable of doing so in the first place, but they're showing up a LOT more now. I've almost died to them while going through two worlds to round up some Chlorophyte. Could anyone else venture into the underground jungle and see if I'm not the only one dealing with a mass turtle breakout? :happy:

"Im done I keep getting to a really good point in the game then my world crashes... I really dont want to play the game if my progress is deleted:("
-User On Miiverse
I found this on Miiverse but he didn't really give me much of an answer as of to why his game was crashing.He Claims he has a N3DS but that didn't really open my mind to anything.I have a N3DS and I haven't had a crash in a LONG time.So I'm not so sure why he's crashing.Maybe this is something to look into @Deanzor ?
[doublepost=1480052848,1480052710][/doublepost]:(I know deep down that 1.04bwas supposed to bring good...But...I'm seeing ALOT of Bad...Nothing against the Developers.I understand these bugs kinda came out of nowhere...:sigh:Oh how the world works sometimes...Such Bull every now and then....

Only thing is, did these people know about the latest update though? And if they were from Europe, they wouldn't have had the updates yet (until today)

Terra blade glitch: Every swing produces the "Mana Refilled" sound effect and the blue visual effect on your character.
Edit, not just the Terra Blade, but any sword (and only specifically swords) that seems to shoot projectiles, such as Starfury, Ice Blade, Chlorophyte Claymore, Frostbrand etc
Note: These effects happen when you swing even if your mana isn't full, but it doesn't fill up your mana itself.

Glad that the Vampire Knifes and the Spectre Set healing glitch was fixed.

For some reason, after updating, picking up any item suddenly made my game say that I have unlocked a recipe. Many many recipes that I have unlocked a long time ago have become shiny again to say that they are new. Not too bad, just a bit weird...

Is it me, or does the rainbow gun's projectile look more weird now? Maybe it was like that in the previous updates too...

Good work on the bigger worlds. Such a huge difference. And having both a snow biome and a desert biome in one world is useful. Looking forward to my new playthrough.

Last edited:
Found a bug with the zoomed-in grid view mode (don't really know it's actual name XD) and the Bone Pickaxe.
When selecting the Bone Pickaxe on the left column, and then selecting an item on the right column afterwards, the item gets "used up" and vanishes from your inventory. If you have more that one of that item, its count goes down by one. Unsure if it does that to items on the left, but I don't wanna to take chance.
Also...

This has bugged me too for the longest time (since 1.03 or whenever it became like that).

I've reproduced the Bone Pickaxe issue, but the other one I'm still not clear on. Can you tell me which items you're using to get this odd behaviour? I need to be able to see it on my own kit to be able to show the devs what needs fixed.

I have a bug on my 3DS that really annoys me. In the building GUI, whenever I select an item that is beyond the GUI's distance in the scroll wheel where the items that is currently selected, It warps my selection right back to where the selected block was and forces me to select blocks next to the selected block all the way to the item I want to use. Its INCREDIBLY aggravating and annoying and it wont stop.

EDIT: Its gotten me killed TWICE by Ocram! (Yes, I use the GUI as a easy-aim.)

I need some more help with this. Which item are you using? Is it a ranged weapon or something? Walk me through the steps. I'm not sure what you mean by 'scrollwheel' and all the subsequent steps about how the selection changes.

If you can walk me through a simple series of steps that'll help? I can spawn in items, so just tell me what to use, and where I need to tap to make it malfunction. Thanks in advance.

Hey @Deanzor , would you like to take a look if there's anything wrong with getting the king slime trophy? As the friend up there (page 02, I think), I'm having the same kind of problem ... I've already killed over 120 and the trophy did not appear ...

I'm not asking you to change the chances of getting it, but rather check if the update did not negatively alter something related to this trophy ...

Thanks and congratulations to the great work with the game. Few companies continue to support 3DS games after the release.

I will get this checked, yes.

I need some more help with this. Which item are you using? Is it a ranged weapon or something? Walk me through the steps. I'm not sure what you mean by 'scrollwheel' and all the subsequent steps about how the selection changes.

If you can walk me through a simple series of steps that'll help? I can spawn in items, so just tell me what to use, and where I need to tap to make it malfunction. Thanks in advance.

It's mostly for items rather than weapons I believe. Basically, when you have many items, you can scroll down the menu by dragging the item part of the menu upwards or downwards to try to find the item you want. However, when you select an item after the dragging process, that item won't be selected, it will just go back to the item you have currently selected. Switching items without doing the dragging process can be fine most of the time. But trying to move through the item menu/drag then select is a pain. Make sure to drag the menu far enough so that the item you have currently equipped/highlighted is not in view anymore for this glitch to work. If you only drag the menu by a little bit so that you equipped item is still in view, you have to double tap your desired item to equip it instead of single tap, which is another glitch.

In the end, if we want to equip an item far down in the scroll wheel, we have to select items close to the currently equipped item, scroll the wheel down a little bit, select an item close to the currently equipped item etc etc

Now, of course, if your currently equipped item is a weapon or a tool and you want to switch to an item/block, it is not as annoying. The menu can't scroll back then. But if you do want to switch from an weapon/tool to an item, and you had to scroll through the item menu to find the item you want, you still have to make sure that you double tap the item you want instead of single tapping still.

Last edited:
It's mostly for items rather than weapons I believe. Basically, when you have many items, you can scroll down the menu by dragging the item part of the menu upwards or downwards to try to find the item you want. However, when you select an item after the dragging process, that item won't be selected, it will just go back to the item you have currently selected. Switching items without doing the dragging process can be fine most of the time. But trying to move through the item menu/drag then select is a pain. Make sure to drag the menu far enough so that the item you have currently equipped/highlighted is not in view anymore for this glitch to work. If you only drag the menu by a little bit so that you equipped item is still in view, you have to double tap your desired item to equip it instead of single tap, which is another glitch.

In the end, if we want to equip an item far down in the scroll wheel, we have to select items close to the currently equipped item, scroll the wheel down a little bit, select an item close to the currently equipped item etc etc

Now, of course, if your currently equipped item is a weapon or a tool and you want to switch to an item/block, it is not as annoying. The menu can't scroll back then. But if you do want to switch from an weapon/tool to an item, and you had to scroll through the item menu to find the item you want, you still have to make sure that you double tap the item you want instead of single tapping still.

Reproduced it, thanks.

So has anyone else noticed any graphical issues with the game? For example, a new character that I created with the update loses his nose when he isn't moving, or how wood walls (only regular wood walls in particular) have a line through part of them. I'm not really sure if it's due to the size of my micro SD or what.

I've updated post 3 with info on the key issues reported in here so far.

We're struggling to get any reproduction on the music issues you're reporting, so if you can provide more info there that would be great. Bear in mind we're a 1.2 game with 1.3's music, which makes things a little confusing...

Well the release date for Europe was gunna be Today I believe.But it would be wise if they held it back to work on any old or new bugs.
[doublepost=1480091388,1480091169][/doublepost]That way,Europe won't have as much to complain or worry about like America.I guess consider yourselves lucky.

So has anyone else noticed any graphical issues with the game? For example, a new character that I created with the update loses his nose when he isn't moving, or how wood walls (only regular wood walls in particular) have a line through part of them. I'm not really sure if it's due to the size of my micro SD or what.

I have noticed that too, especially the walls. I also think that some items have gone down in quality in the menu too. I knew some weren't great already, but even more sprites look ugly now.

The EU release wasn't cancelled. I will check on my retail machine when I get home tonight, I only have a development unit in the office today :/

Back
Top Bottom