tModLoader WorldGen Previewer

Hey, I really love this mod (always wondered how world gen was done)
I love the pause/repeat features but there is one thing that may (?) be added...

You can open the... List of things that happens (you see what I mean), it would be interesting (fun) if you could simply click on them and go to them. So you could come back more than one step or SKIP some steps !

Isn't that a good idea ? If that's possible :)
Thx for the great mod(s) !

Hi, i got a problem. May i have some help to fix it? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 302
Has anyone ever seen a Life Crystal visible from the surface? It happened in my world. Not to mention a treasure room right next to it in a cave.
Life Crystal On The Surface.PNG

Question, is there any way to have the process not start until play is pushed? Or to skip steps altogether?

I want to make a world with nothing in it, giving me a blank canvas to work with.

Would it be possible to add a Cancel button to the previewer. Basically so that if you decide you dislike the direction that a generating world is going, you can abort and retry/reconfigure without waiting for it to complete.

Hmm, it doesn't appear to fully work. I tested it just now, and about a minute after cancelling, the world showed up in the menu. I opened it up and it was fully generated, so it didn't really stop generating.
Oh yeah, that's the reason I didn't do this before. Oh well. For now if your computer is good enough, you'll be able to multitask, hehe. We might need some changes to tmodloader to get this working fully.

Worldgen Previewer appears to be crashing with tModLoader v0.9.2.3, with the following error:

Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WorldGenPreviewer.UIWorldLoadSpecial.DrawSelf (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.do_Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.DoDraw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've had two crashes with it so far (not fun when modded Terraria takes a few minutes to load up). The crashing stopped upon removing WorldGen Previewer.

Worldgen Previewer appears to be crashing with tModLoader v0.9.2.3, with the following error:

Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WorldGenPreviewer.UIWorldLoadSpecial.DrawSelf (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.do_Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.DoDraw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've had two crashes with it so far (not fun when modded Terraria takes a few minutes to load up). The crashing stopped upon removing WorldGen Previewer.
OS? and can you save your modpack.json and post it so I can rule out other things?

My OS is 64bit Ubuntu Linux. I am guessing that the modpack.json file is generated by an option in the Mods screen, but opening that is crashing me, so I'll list my mods manually:

• Alchemist NPC
  • Auto Trash
  • Boss Checklist
  • Cheat Sheet
  • Copper Plus
  • Dushy Upgrade
  • Experience and Classes
  • Fishing 2.0
  • imkSushi's Mod
  • Bags of Holding Mod
  • Learn by Doing
  • Legend of Terraria 3
  • Lucky Finish
  • Magic Storage
  • More Accessories
  • Reforge Armor
  • Spirit Mod
  • Terra Wings
  • Tremor Remastered
  • Vending Machines
  • Wing Slot
  • Wireless
  • WMITF
  • Zoaklen Mod
There's also a "Loot.tmod" file, but I have no idea what it is.

My OS is 64bit Ubuntu Linux. I am guessing that the modpack.json file is generated by an option in the Mods screen, but opening that is crashing me, so I'll list my mods manually:

• Alchemist NPC
  • Auto Trash
  • Boss Checklist
  • Cheat Sheet
  • Copper Plus
  • Dushy Upgrade
  • Experience and Classes
  • Fishing 2.0
  • imkSushi's Mod
  • Bags of Holding Mod
  • Learn by Doing
  • Legend of Terraria 3
  • Lucky Finish
  • Magic Storage
  • More Accessories
  • Reforge Armor
  • Spirit Mod
  • Terra Wings
  • Tremor Remastered
  • Vending Machines
  • Wing Slot
  • Wireless
  • WMITF
  • Zoaklen Mod
There's also a "Loot.tmod" file, but I have no idea what it is.
Wait, are you not on 0.9.2.3? huh, there shouldn't be menu crashes on 0.9.2.3 anymore, weir.d

Back
Top Bottom