3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Hi there,

Since this patch, I've noticed that my stacks of mana crystals and heart crystals are lessened by one whenever I equip the stack in my hands. For example I collected 18 fallen stars on a new character, crafted them into mana crystals, selected the stack to use them, and only had 5 mana crystals to use.
I thought I was going crazy, so I collected three separate stars and crafted them into a crystal. When I selected it and closed the menu, my inventory showed that I had nothing equipped and my mana did not increase. I opened my inventory again and it was not there.

This also happened with life crystals in that I collected three crystals, equipped the stack, and it showed that I only had two life crystals available to use. I checked my inventory again and one life crystal mysteriously disappeared. This incident happened twice, with two stacks of three life crystals. My life also did not increase so they weren't used accidentally.

Overall this happened about five times, and I didn't save before using the stacks so I haven't bothered to reproduce the issue.
I'm playing on a n3ds in a new expanded world with a new character, if it helps.

Hi there,

Since this patch, I've noticed that my stacks of mana crystals and heart crystals are lessened by one whenever I equip the stack in my hands. For example I collected 18 fallen stars on a new character, crafted them into mana crystals, selected the stack to use them, and only had 5 mana crystals to use.
I thought I was going crazy, so I collected three separate stars and crafted them into a crystal. When I selected it and closed the menu, my inventory showed that I had nothing equipped and my mana did not increase. I opened my inventory again and it was not there.

This also happened with life crystals in that I collected three crystals, equipped the stack, and it showed that I only had two life crystals available to use. I checked my inventory again and one life crystal mysteriously disappeared. This incident happened twice, with two stacks of three life crystals. My life also did not increase so they weren't used accidentally.

Overall this happened about five times, and I didn't save before using the stacks so I haven't bothered to reproduce the issue.
I'm playing on a n3ds in a new expanded world with a new character, if it helps.

Hmm, another case of this happening. Sounds similar to the Conffeti Gun glitch where that goes down by one every time you leave the inventory with that item equipped.

Since not everybody has the health/mana crystal glitch. Does this mean not everybody has the Conffeti Gun glitch?

Will using the repair button on the e-shop fix this glitch for you at all?

Hi there,

I can say that i have this bug with n3ds also. But only in the building Grid Windows. Try it with torches! Make 20. Select them to place oneone- PUFF. only 19 are selected.

I can say that i have this bug with n3ds also. But only in the building Grid Windows. Try it with torches! Make 20. Select them to place oneone- PUFF. only 19 are selected.

I have this glitch as well. It's very annoying and I hope it gets fixed in the next update.

Hi there,

Hi there, New 3DS XL user here!

I confirm having a similar glitch, as for now it happened with Mana Crystals and Heart Crystal: some stacks of them completely disappeared from my inventory before i was able to use them :( .

Also sometimes when i use Lesser healing potions they have no effect (around 1 of 5 usages), but they don't reduce in quantity either. And I'm pretty sure using them, because the potion sickness shows and works as usual =_=. It didn't happen with (medium) Healing Potions yet, but i didn't try a lot of them yet (Starting a new world all over until my poor chlorophyte armor returns usable ç_ç )

Thank you in advance for the fixes! (And i LOVE expanded worlds, it is really a more complete gaming experience!)

I don't have most of these glitches that these people are mentioning...the torches, the mana and health crystals, the "music playing in the wrong biomes"...I only have the confetti gun glitch.

Everything sounds rather random right now, is there a certain item that is conflicting with these items somehow? Is this a 1 in 100 chance to happen to a character or even a download?

I still need to test the potion glitch though.

Also using a New 3ds with expanded worlds (and test it in the small ones too). Testing with multiple characters as well

Last edited:
Game just crashed, not sure why, but I just finished Destroyer and Skeletron Prime and went to the ocean to get coral and it crashed...

Okay, my torches do not dissapear when in the build grid window. But when I do the inventory glitch that the others have mentioned (heart crystals/mana crystals and confetti guns dissapearing when you leave the inventory menu), thats when one of my torches goes missing...However, coloured torches and Tiki Torches don't dissapear when I try the glitch on them.

Also, here are some other items I have found that dissapear by one when I highlight them in the inventory and then leave the inventory menu: Beenades, Spiky Balls, Shuriken, Throwing Knife, Vile Powder, Glowstick, Smoke Bomb, Purification Powder

So whatever this glitch is, it seems to affect many different items. The strangest part of the glitch of course is the fact that some people seem to lose items that other players do not (heart/mana crystals). And the fact that someone said they lose torches in the item grid menu while I lose them in the inventory menu...

There are probably more items affected by this glitch, I can't test them all though. Looks like it is a certain type of item this glitch affects (useable items). But not every useable item though, since the coloured torches, bombs and grenades were not affected by the glitch at all.

This seems pretty big I think @Deanzor . Not game breaking, but can be annoying to some players nonetheless, especially those who lose heart and mana crystals.

Edit: Okay, I know how to reproduce the "torches dissapear in the item grid menu" glitch now. If you have a weapon equipped at the moment, and then you switched from the weapon to the torch (can be done by touch screen or by the L and R buttons), the torch count will go down. However, switching from a tool to a torch, or another item/block to a torch does not reproduce this glitch. It only happens when switching from a weapon.
Edit 2: Okay...this is just weird. The torch count only goes down when using a certain weapon, other weapons will not make the torch count go down. At first I thought "maybe the weapon that is first on your hotbar is the one that triggers the glitch", but this is not the case. Right now, the only weapon that makes my torch count go down in the build grid menu is my Vampire Knifes...
Edit 3: I discarded my Vampire Knifes...now none of the items I mentioned earlier gets lost when I leave the inventory...

Last edit of the night: Okay, that confirms it! When using any other character, those items I mentioned earlier (Beenades, Spiky Balls, Shuriken, Throwing Knife, Vile Powder, Glowstick, Smoke Bomb, Purification Powder, Torches, Confetti Gun) are not affected by the "disappearing when leaving the inventory" glitch anymore. I have tried equipping every weapon that I have available...This glitch only happens when I have the Vampire Knifes in my HOTBAR!

Last edited:
Since the Vampire Knifes affect so many items, I've been wondering if there is a certain weapon/armour set in the game that has been causing the mana/health crystal glitch. Maybe it is a certain item...not even a weapon. I tried crafting many armour sets and some weapons, but this will take a long time to test and I am already awake hours longer than I should be. @Sling what items do you have in your inventory at the moment? Does taking all of your items out of your inventory and then trying to use a mana/health crystal change the glitch at all?

This Vampire Knives issue everyone's having sounds similar to the Bone Pickaxe glitch I found. Maybe it's a group of weapons that do it. Maybe something about them was changed that causes this glitch.

Back
Top Bottom