tModLoader Reduced Grinding

No and no. The Old Shoe is from fishing and is junk, and his stock is determined by the day, not by the merchant.
I've made changes to the traveling merchant and that's what I'm trying to test out. I'm not sure if you thought I meant testing the default merchant or changes I've made to him, but I edited my post to clarify it.

I chose fishing junk because it wont give anybody any value. I'm going to later remove that part of the coding and then add coding related to the configuration. What I want to know is if my changes are taking place. The 50% tin can is supposed to test whether the player can re-roll the changes.

Good news, it's working. The items I set for the traveling merchant are set once he appears, and the random chance item doesn't change by opening and re-closing his shop. I'll be able to make the traveling merchant part of this mod soon.

Maybe the Skull item from Skeletons should get an increased chance? 5-10%?
Alright, my newest update now has a configuration for it.
[doublepost=1479780435,1479780231][/doublepost]
Alright, thanks.

Would you consider adding dropchances of some of the cellphone items? How about percentage chance of what the traveling merchant sells / reward pools for the Angler?
I was able to figure it out and now my newest update has the ability to configure the rates of cell phone material that the merchant sells and that the angler gives.

Not sure if Thorium or Calamity mess with drops, but I have armor polish set to drop at ~30% and I've killed hundreds of armored skeletons and they have yet to drop it.

Can someone tell me where the config file is located? Also is it easy to use if I have no coding abilities?

Can someone tell me where the config file is located? Also is it easy to use if I have no coding abilities?
C:\Users\<username>Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs
Really help full! thx!
Glad to help.
Can you possibly add an option to change the drop rate of the Slime Staff?
I'll add this for all the enemies that drop it by default. Until then, I actually have configuration options for it: "ExpertLootSlimeStaffIncrease" and "LootSlimeStaffIncrease", but this is for spiked slimes to drop it. I'll add duplicates of these lines and add "SpikedSlime" to them.

C:\Users\<username>Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs

Glad to help.

I'll add this for all the enemies that drop it by default. Until then, I actually have configuration options for it: "ExpertLootSlimeStaffIncrease" and "LootSlimeStaffIncrease", but this is for spiked slimes to drop it. I'll add duplicates of these lines and add "SpikedSlime" to them.

Oh nice, I completely missed that option in the config file. Thanks!

Can u add fire feather increase drop chance? Those Red Devils are freaking hard to kill and I have no luck getting it.. I have over 5 trident already.

Also drop rate isn't increase, but ability to increase drop rate that spoiler thingy.. I see a list of item. Actually what does that mean?

Can u add fire feather increase drop chance? Those Red Devils are freaking hard to kill and I have no luck getting it.. I have over 5 trident already.

Also drop rate isn't increase, but ability to increase drop rate that spoiler thingy.. I see a list of item. Actually what does that mean?
I'll add a fire feather chance. What that list is, items that have configuration options for those items, so you can increase there drop chances if you want. Maybe I should reword that spoiler. The configuration file is found here: C:\Users\<username>Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs

I don't know yet but i hope it will!

Nice mod dude, This mods helped me alot, Its less time consuming, simple.

Also, can you make the mob spawn screen less? Like I have 100 mobs in my screen and littery I died so fast.. I don't think terraia can get like a tons of mob in screen, like I mean tons until you lag.. So maybe make it maximum terraria mob screen. But keep the spawnrate.

Last edited:
Can you possibly add an option to change the drop rate of the Slime Staff?

I decided to make separate configuration options, that allow you to choose which Slimes are affected by the slime staff drop rate increase. This is now added.

Can u add fire feather increase drop chance?

Okay, the fire feather now has a drop rate configuration.

I don't know yet but i hope it will!

Nice mod dude, This mods helped me alot, Its less time consuming, simple.

Also, can you make the mob spawn screen less? Like I have 100 mobs in my screen and littery I died so fast.. I don't think terraia can get like a tons of mob in screen, like I mean tons until you lag.. So maybe make it maximum terraria mob screen. But keep the spawnrate.
Glad it helps.

Do you mean make them spawn off screen, because I'm not experience any mobs spawning on screen. Also the battle potion has a configuration option towards the bottom called: "BattlePotionMultiplier".

I decided to make separate configuration options, that allow you to choose which Slimes are affected by the slime staff drop rate increase. This is now added.

Okay, the fire feather now has a drop rate configuration.

Glad it helps.

Do you mean make them spawn off screen, because I'm not experience any mobs spawning on screen. Also the battle potion has a configuration option towards the bottom called: "BattlePotionMultiplier".
No actually i mean, The maximum amount of mobs can be on screen. like said example only 20 mobs is maximum on screen, and when i apply battle potion, it kinda shock me.. it make mobs spawn crazy amount of time that i have to disable the battle potion effect.. and it even bypass the 20 mobs maximum screen, so i have a very laggy problem.. so maybe make it maximum terraria mobs on screen, if you don't know what i mean.. just look at this http://terraria.wiki.gg/NPC_spawning
look at the max spawn.

And also another one, can u make rod of discord only like 5%?, it is OP in early hardmode, i got 2 rod of discord just by killing 2 of those thingy.. um, elemental?

Suggestion: Psycho knifes drop rates was 2.5, i killed alot of them but it didnt drop.. so can make it 4%? or lower.. i just want to balance the game
ok i cant find anything rare now so that all

Last edited:
No actually i mean, The maximum amount of mobs can be on screen. like said example only 20 mobs is maximum on screen, and when i apply battle potion, it kinda shock me.. it make mobs spawn crazy amount of time that i have to disable the battle potion effect.. and it even bypass the 20 mobs maximum screen, so i have a very laggy problem.. so maybe make it maximum terraria mobs on screen, if you don't know what i mean.. just look at this http://terraria.wiki.gg/NPC_spawning
look at the max spawn.

And also another one, can u make rod of discord only like 5%?, it is OP in early hardmode, i got 2 rod of discord just by killing 2 of those thingy.. um, elemental?

Suggestion: Psycho knifes drop rates was 2.5, i killed alot of them but it didnt drop.. so can make it 4%? or lower.. i just want to balance the game
ok i cant find anything rare now so that all
I'm going to look into this, I think I'm going to need help from tmodloader's Discord chat server.

The drop rate for Rod of Discord was actually voted on, but you can still change the drop rate in the configuration file. The line for it is: "LootRodofDiscordIncrease"

Back
Top Bottom