tModLoader TerraRE - Terraria Rebalance 2.0

sry will update this weekend. i started going to university this week and didnt check tmodloader daily for updates :)

edit: 5 minutes later... DONE. sorry for taking a bit of time. tmodloader needed longer than i expected for the update and i was not using my pc since uni started on monday.
thanks!!

Question, Can you make a version (Or give me the link) To the version that doesn't change the weapons types?

if u dont install the addon the weapon types wont change. thats the reason why i split the mod into two parts
[doublepost=1477066113,1477066052][/doublepost]
The modded items you added have the old sprites
1.3.3.3 changed sprites again? well didnt know that. i have not played a single second of the update so how am i supposed to know i just read the changelog ^^

if u dont install the addon the weapon types wont change. thats the reason why i split the mod into two parts
[doublepost=1477066113,1477066052][/doublepost]
1.3.3.3 changed sprites again? well didnt know that. i have not played a single second of the update so how am i supposed to know i just read the changelog ^^
Ah, fair enough.
Oh and also, they added an item that prevents the Stone Debuff called the Pocket Mirror, So it could be combined with the ankh shield

cant find the main download in the mod browser, I find the addon though. (same with the webpage that gives out the mod browser content)

I seem to be suffering from a bug with this mod (not sure). I really love this mod, but I can't seem to equip the Mana Flower (combined Nature's Gift and Restoration Potions). I try to place it in the accessories slot, but it simply will not go there. I thought perhaps it was meant to just sit in your inventory like the info related accessories, but it doesn't seem to reduce mana use or automatically drink restoration potions there either.

I seem to be suffering from a bug with this mod (not sure). I really love this mod, but I can't seem to equip the Mana Flower (combined Nature's Gift and Restoration Potions). I try to place it in the accessories slot, but it simply will not go there. I thought perhaps it was meant to just sit in your inventory like the info related accessories, but it doesn't seem to reduce mana use or automatically drink restoration potions there either.

its not a bug, its a feature. u are not allowed to use vanilla emblem accessories when using modded emblem accessories and the other way around so u cannot stack them. every vanilla EMBLEM accessory (like the mana flower in this mod because it can be upgraded into the celestial flower) has a modded version u can convert to for free. so the modded mana flower cannot be used with the vanilla sorcerer emblem, avenger emblem or celestial emblem (which is most likely the one youre having a problem with) or any other ingredient of a vanilla emblem but it can be used with the modded equivalent of it.

i suggest u try to convert your vanilla accessories to modded ones as i split the changes into the new versions so people had a chance to choose the vanilla ones or the modded ones (cause some were complaining about not liking a single change for example). if that is not working unequip all accessories and try to equip the mana flower, if that doesnt work i did a typo in the code (tell me if that happens). sorry for the inconvenience i thought the description would highlight that fact and have fun
[doublepost=1477573593,1477573536][/doublepost]
cant find the main download in the mod browser, I find the addon though. (same with the webpage that gives out the mod browser content)
weird... well thats what the manual download is for ^^ mod browser often has issues mod authors have no control over. its uploaded

Yep Goldenrevolver. It was a conflict between still wearing the old Celestial Magnet and the new version of the Mana Flower, once I updated the Celestial Magnet to your mod version it worked fine. Thanks for the clarification! :D

Hi Goldenrevolver, been enjoying your mod so far, but I have two questions to ask about Hardmode armors:

1. Does the chance to not consume ammo from Cobalt, Mythril and Adamantite (and Ammo Box too, now that I think about it) include stacked throwing weapons (Shuriken, Javelin etc.) in your mod, and if not, will you change it so it does?

2. Will you consider changing that effect altogether so that those armors are not less beneficial for characters who use non-consumable throwing weapons (Boomerangs, Vampire Knives etc.)?

Hi Goldenrevolver, been enjoying your mod so far, but I have two questions to ask about Hardmode armors:

1. Does the chance to not consume ammo from Cobalt, Mythril and Adamantite (and Ammo Box too, now that I think about it) include stacked throwing weapons (Shuriken, Javelin etc.) in your mod, and if not, will you change it so it does?

2. Will you consider changing that effect altogether so that those armors are not less beneficial for characters who use non-consumable throwing weapons (Boomerangs, Vampire Knives etc.)?

hey, nice to see people using the mod even when im not updating for every single thing.

so the question youre asking is really interesting. i have added not added % chance for throwing weapons to not consume ammo for one reason: as far as i know that is already the case in the vanilla game. now u might be thinking "but how can that be?" but it has to do with them being ranged when they were first introduced. im not playing or modding terraria atm as im really busy with university. so could u test if that bug still exists? just get 100 shuriken in an unmodded game and equip %chance not to consume ammo gear and test if it works (the ammo box may be working a bit different than the others but havent checked the code). if it doesnt work i can easily add it.

thanks for the feedback and have fun

hey, nice to see people using the mod even when im not updating for every single thing.

so the question youre asking is really interesting. i have added not added % chance for throwing weapons to not consume ammo for one reason: as far as i know that is already the case in the vanilla game. now u might be thinking "but how can that be?" but it has to do with them being ranged when they were first introduced. im not playing or modding terraria atm as im really busy with university. so could u test if that bug still exists? just get 100 shuriken in an unmodded game and equip %chance not to consume ammo gear and test if it works (the ammo box may be working a bit different than the others but havent checked the code). if it doesnt work i can easily add it.

thanks for the feedback and have fun

Thanks for replying. Once my friends and I get to Hardmode in our current playthrough, I'll be sure to test that (we don't have opportunity to play that often, so maybe someone else will find out before me?).
By the way, do you think the mod will continue to work once tModLoader is updated for 1.3.4.x, which will hopefully happen within a couple weeks? I can't think of anything in the recent Terraria updates that would conflict with your mod, but maybe changing version would break it automatically, I don't know how these things work?

You should put this in release. This mod is great and is for download more people need to know about it so they can use it. Thanks for making it.

Fix the name of the "main module" on tmodloader browser you have called it TerrRE instead of Terr(a)RE so it was hard to find it.

Last edited:
You should put this in release. This mod is great and is for download more people need to know about it so they can use it. Thanks for making it.

Fix the name of the "main module" on tmodloader browser you have called it TerrRE instead of Terr(a)RE so it was hard to find it.
thx for pointing it out. its been a long time and nobody told me about it xD
[doublepost=1481540317,1481540170][/doublepost]
Do you plan to update this to TML 9? Thanks in advance.
i plan to do it in the holidays. im atm quite busy with university and use the free time that i have for my mods for games that i actually play and enjoy, im currently not playing terraria so its hard to get the motivation to update it.

thx for pointing it out. its been a long time and nobody told me about it xD
[doublepost=1481540317,1481540170][/doublepost]
i plan to do it in the holidays. im atm quite busy with university and use the free time that i have for my mods for games that i actually play and enjoy, im currently not playing terraria so its hard to get the motivation to update it.
Good luck then and don't stress yourself too much. :p

My mod is not very complex so they may be more to this but so far the only change I noticed they made that breaks old mods is

item.useSound = (number);

now is

item.UseSound = SoundID.Item(number);

Back
Top Bottom