Terraria: Otherworld You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat: The Ocean Biome in Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terraria OtherWorld is better than terraria

[merging double post]

im re-installing terraria in steam and i will play with mods :happy:

and i will upload on my channel:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Friday everyone!

As you might have seen in our social media teasers, we were working hard in person with Engine's new project lead putting in design work and more on Terraria: Otherworld last week. We wanted to give you guys a spoiler last week as well, but sometimes life (and bugs) get in the way of our plans. ;)

That said - we are happy to be able to share the latest spoiler with you guys this afternoon: a quick dive into the Ocean Biome in Otherworld! Deadly sharks and more await you as you try to hold your breath long enough to explore the murky depths for loot and adventure. There is a lot to see in this quick snapshot, so we will leave you to your usual dissection and speculation. Enjoy!

Oh yeah.....Multiplayer is working, as you can see. Just sayin'. :cool:

We hope you enjoy this latest spoiler, and we look forward to sharing more about Terraria: Otherworld with you in the weeks and months to come!

Will this one be released on all platforms at the same time? Will it even be on consoles?

Will this one be released on all platforms at the same time? Will it even be on consoles?

The current plan is to start with PC - then clean up any issues from that code and then focus on XB1/PS4 finalization (likely would take a couple of months?).....and then take it from there in regards to other platforms (other consoles, mobile, etc)

Of course, depending on how things all play out, things could shift around a bit. What IS definitely planned is for those platforms to be the first wave. I hope that makes sense. :)

I am sad that Terraria is going to be worked on less frequently. However, I am also excited for Terraria Otherworld, and I hope to see it come to Mobile after it releases. The ocean looks pretty cool! :)
[doublepost=1480715472,1480715372][/doublepost]I hope the sharks aren't too OP... :eek:

I am sad that Terraria is going to be worked on less frequently. However, I am also excited for Terraria Otherworld, and I hope to see it come to Mobile after it releases. The ocean looks pretty cool! :)
[doublepost=1480715472,1480715372][/doublepost]I hope the sharks aren't too OP... :eek:
Terraria and Otherworld are being worked on by different teams, so Otherworld doesnt slow down Terraria development

There's no character on the center of the screen, horizontally or vertically. Horizontally, this could be because they're at the edge of the world, but vertically, Mrs. Biome is the closest, and she's 41 pixels away from the center. That means that the grappling hook she's using is pulling her fast enough to displace the sprite 41 pixels. This means that she's moving very fast through the water, which leaves us with two options:
  • She could be using a flipper potion, but then the buff would show up next to the 'drowning' debuff, in the top-right. Never mind.
  • The grappling hooks have adjustable/varying speeds that can be as fast as Terraria's or maybe faster.
  • Speed-based sprite displacement has been seriously upped in T:eek:W, which means there isn't a means of traveling very quickly yet, which I doubt.
Another thing I'd like to note is that the super sharks appear to be dropping keys similar to the ones in the player's hotbar. It's clear you need a lot of these items, or these characters wouldn't grind for them like they clearly are here, so let's look at these questions:
  • Why do the Super Sharks drop keys?
  • Why do we need so many?
Let's look at the latter question first. What are keys used for? Opening things, unlocking things, figuring stuff out. Why do we need to unlock so much stuff? Why are the keys so easy to obtain? The sharks drop keys rather frequently it appears. I have two theories.
  1. These keys are used to 'unlock' higher-tier towers. Likely ocean towers, but maybe all mobs drop them and they're like a universal currency for towers.
  2. Normal Loot is in locked chests in T:eek:W. It makes sense; if you're a miner or whoever, who has something valuable enough to put it in a golden chest, you probably want to lock it too.

As for why the super sharks drop them, maybe the loot in question is specifically ocean loot, those keys unlock ocean chests. Maybe they're just universal keys, for opening whatever. We don't know yet.

I also want to know why there are 'Super Sharks' in Early game! The player is obviously early in the game, with 20 mana, less than 200 hp, and comerades dealing less than 30 damage. Why are there "Super Sharks"? Where are the normal sharks? Maybe they're found just anywhere, and "Super Sharks" are only in the ocean.

Also, in the Top-Right, between the hammock and crafting bench, what are those blue dots? I have no theories for this one; I'm just confused :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom