tModLoader Reduced Grinding

No actually i mean, The maximum amount of mobs can be on screen. like said example only 20 mobs is maximum on screen, and when i apply battle potion, it kinda shock me.. it make mobs spawn crazy amount of time that i have to disable the battle potion effect.. and it even bypass the 20 mobs maximum screen, so i have a very laggy problem.. so maybe make it maximum terraria mobs on screen, if you don't know what i mean.. just look at this http://terraria.wiki.gg/NPC_spawning
look at the max spawn.

And also another one, can u make rod of discord only like 5%?, it is OP in early hardmode, i got 2 rod of discord just by killing 2 of those thingy.. um, elemental?

Suggestion: Psycho knifes drop rates was 2.5, i killed alot of them but it didnt drop.. so can make it 4%? or lower.. i just want to balance the game
ok i cant find anything rare now so that all
Okay, I looked into it and there was a bug. My mod does actually increase the amount of mobs on screen when using battle potion, but it was multiplying it by 10 no matter what you set "BattlePotionMultiplier" to in the configuration file. I fixed it, so if you want battle potion to boost it like it does in vanilla, then set it to 1.

I'll add a configuration option for Pyscho Knifes.

EDIT: Okay, the configuration option for Pyscho Knifes is added.

Mind help me fixing this? Crash log?

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Eugene\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\Logs.txt' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.File.AppendText(String path)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ErrorLogger.Log(String message)
at ReducedGrinding.Config.Load() in c:\Users\cntdr\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding\Config.cs:line 167
at ReducedGrinding.ReducedGrinding.Load() in c:\Users\cntdr\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding\ReducedGrinding.cs:line 13
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Eugene\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\Logs.txt' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at ReducedGrinding.Config.Load() in c:\Users\cntdr\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding\Config.cs:line 167
at ReducedGrinding.ReducedGrinding.Load() in c:\Users\cntdr\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding\ReducedGrinding.cs:line 13
I'll look into why it crashed. Line 167 in Config.cs is
Code:
ErrorLogger.Log("Failed to read Reduced Grinding's config file! Recreating config...");
It looks as if it not only couldn't read it, but it couldn't display the message saying that it couldn't read it. I'm going to see what happened, until then did you set BattlePotionMultiplier to 0? That would crash it since the coding would try to divide by 0, (I plan on fixing it so that if it's set to <= 0, it'll default to 1).

Dragon, i love the older version of your mod because, when i drink the battle potion, the game suddenly becomes Dynasty Warriors with this mod on and i liked it. I didn't know it was a bug, but it was an awesome one for me! You should keep this bug because, hey you want to battle 150 enemies like in Dragon Quest Heroes/Dynasty Warriors/Hyrule Warriors? I can, but at the cost of heavy lag.

And i liked the bug because although it lags, it's hilarious at the same time to fight hordes of enemies literally with this mod. Without this mod, my grinding would take real life weeks and EVEN months to get a single item. Now with this mod (Older Version), i can fight 150+ enemies while they spawn faster is just SO much easier! Now i can get the item Dragon Quest Heroes style, and genociding every zombie, goblin, and slime for a single weapon, items or anything rare!

I give this mod a 9.5/10 (Older Versions), and i gave the newer ones 7.5/10 because it's a shame that you fixed that awesomely good bug in your mod, but ehh. I prefer old than new.

Till then, i'll play Terraria Modded (Like i frequently do every day.), and defeat 150 enemies with my Throwing weapons. And hope to see your reply and reaction!

Dragon, i love the older version of your mod because, when i drink the battle potion, the game suddenly becomes Dynasty Warriors with this mod on and i liked it. I didn't know it was a bug, but it was an awesome one for me! You should keep this bug because, hey you want to battle 150 enemies like in Dragon Quest Heroes/Dynasty Warriors/Hyrule Warriors? I can, but at the cost of heavy lag.

And i liked the bug because although it lags, it's hilarious at the same time to fight hordes of enemies literally with this mod. Without this mod, my grinding would take real life weeks and EVEN months to get a single item. Now with this mod (Older Version), i can fight 150+ enemies while they spawn faster is just SO much easier! Now i can get the item Dragon Quest Heroes style, and genociding every zombie, goblin, and slime for a single weapon, items or anything rare!

I give this mod a 9.5/10 (Older Versions), and i gave the newer ones 7.5/10 because it's a shame that you fixed that awesomely good bug in your mod, but ehh. I prefer old than new.

Till then, i'll play Terraria Modded (Like i frequently do every day.), and defeat 150 enemies with my Throwing weapons. And hope to see your reply and reaction!
The "Dynasty Warriors" effects wasn't removed. The bug that I fixed was the inability to change just how much of a boost you get for using battle potion. Before my last update you could set "BattlePotionMultiplier" to 1 for no change at all or 100 for 100 times as much enemies, but it would still have the effect of 10 for 10 times as much enemies, but now "BattlePotionMultiplier" in the configuration is now effecting this mod. I tested it out just now to make sure it's still working. If your not getting much spawns, maybe your "BattlePotionMultiplier" multiplier is set lower than 10. It's also possible your configuration file is out of date, if that's the case follow these steps:
Note: If the Configuration gets updated, the new lines wont be added to the already existing configuration file. You'll have to move the json file to another location, reload the mod to generate a new one and rename it to "temporary.json", move the original back in the folder, use an online text comparison tool to find the newlines in "temporary.json" then them to the "Reduced Grinding.json" file, then delete "temporary.json".

I got some help on Discord, and they said that it sounds like another mod that is affecting my mod is causing it. Try making another world then disable all other mods besides my mod. What where you doing when it crashed? You should try doing where ever you were doing to see if it crashes when just my mod is selected.

This mod looks amazing, as building farms can take a long time. My suggestion is to search up all items that have a drop rate of <10% and increase the drop rate to something higher but reasonable.

Please do it for all ankh charm materials as it is one of my favorite items.
I finished it. All items with a drop rate of <10% now have configuration options for them.

I finished it. All items with a drop rate of <10% now have configuration options for them.
I'm still waiting for Tmodloader to update to 1.3.4.4, so I haven't tried the mod out yet, but how will we be able to reach the configuration options?

I'm still waiting for Tmodloader to update to 1.3.4.4, so I haven't tried the mod out yet, but how will we be able to reach the configuration options?
Configuration file is found here: C:\Users\<username>Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs

Great mod, currently using it on a multiplayer playthrough with friends, just a request though, can you make the rest of the crucial angler items (high test fish line, angler earring, tackle box) adjustable, just as you've made the painful to get fishfinder parts?

Great mod, currently using it on a multiplayer playthrough with friends, just a request though, can you make the rest of the crucial angler items (high test fish line, angler earring, tackle box) adjustable, just as you've made the painful to get fishfinder parts?
I actually added that, but I messed up the configuration generation, so it wouldn't generate those lines. It's fixed now though, but the new lines will still have to be added to the file, in order for it to work. Here's a copy of my guide on updating the configuration file:

Note: If the Configuration gets updated, the new lines wont be added to the already existing configuration file, you'll have to delete the file and reload mods to regenerate it. You can copy the previous configuration file somewhere to keep track of what changes you've made. You can use an text comparison tool to see what changes are made: http://www.textdiff.com/

Could you also check the code for Bezoar drop? I killed near a thousand of hornets with your battle potion but not a single one drops.

Edit: even setting

"LootBezoarIncrease": 2.0

doesn't guarantee a drop.

Last edited:
Hey man, i like your mod, but i have some suggestions to you, i hope you like them. But if you do not, it is okay :)

All the items to craft the Ankh Charm - 5% from 1%

I know this is a bit expensive, but i know that every one of these items equals 1 gold coin, so i suggest you to down the price of the items. From 1 gold coin, to 25 silver coins

Bone Key - I Know that you already removed it, but i think it should be back, with a 10% from 20%

That's all, ill wait for your answer. Have a nice day!

Could you also check the code for Bezoar drop? I killed near a thousand of hornets with your battle potion but not a single one drops.

Edit: even setting

"LootBezoarIncrease": 2.0

doesn't guarantee a drop.

Thanks, apparently I didn't even add the coding for the Bezoar. I fixed it.

Hey man, i like your mod, but i have some suggestions to you, i hope you like them. But if you do not, it is okay :)

All the items to craft the Ankh Charm - 5% from 1%

I know this is a bit expensive, but i know that every one of these items equals 1 gold coin, so i suggest you to down the price of the items. From 1 gold coin, to 25 silver coins

Bone Key - I Know that you already removed it, but i think it should be back, with a 10% from 20%

That's all, ill wait for your answer. Have a nice day!

There's configuration options items for all Ankh Charm pieces. I added Bone Key configuration for this update.

Hi! What about minus value of a item drop?
Can i do it?
For example
"BagHoneyedGogglesIncrease": -0.9,

Can i do it?
For example
That would make the item unobtainable, and i think it wouldn't be capable of doing it
[doublepost=1482081798,1482081717][/doublepost]
Thanks, apparently I didn't even add the coding for the Bezoar. I fixed it.

There's configuration options items for all Ankh Charm pieces. I added Bone Key configuration for this update.
Wait, what? In the config file, at the end of all the items, it appears something like 0.XXXX (The X are the numbers)

Can i do it?
For example
No it would just make it so the increased chance of dropping it is 0. The game actually runs the vanilla chance of dropping an item, then whether or not the item is dropped, the game runs my mod's chance of dropping the item.
That would make the item unobtainable, and i think it wouldn't be capable of doing it
[doublepost=1482081798,1482081717][/doublepost]
Wait, what? In the config file, at the end of all the items, it appears something like 0.XXXX (The X are the numbers)
That's how much the chance of dropping the item is increase. 1.0 = 100%, so if the chance of dropping an item is 5% in the vanilla game and you set the value in the configuration to 0.05 it would make the chance of dropping the item 10%.

With the default rate for Trifold Map, there is an 1 in 3 chance it drops every time I killed a giant bat, which is a quite common mob in underground.

Back
Top Bottom