tModLoader Reduced Grinding

With the default rate for Trifold Map, there is an 1 in 3 chance it drops every time I killed a giant bat, which is a quite common mob in underground.
It was voted on and I averaged out the votes. That does sound ridiculous, I'll make re-voting poll for it.

EDIT: I'll make it a duration of 7 days for now, but let me know if you'd like a different duration.

Maybe this is harder than it sounds, but would it be possible to revert the Battle potion to normal and instead add a new potion to get the insane spawnrate? Maybe call it the "Grinding Potion" or something...It would be incredibly useful for farming tough monsters that you just can't handle literally seventy of.

Maybe this is harder than it sounds, but would it be possible to revert the Battle potion to normal and instead add a new potion to get the insane spawnrate? Maybe call it the "Grinding Potion" or something...It would be incredibly useful for farming tough monsters that you just can't handle literally seventy of.
I'm not sure if that's possible. Have you tried combining the battle potion with water candles?

I'm not sure if that's possible. Have you tried combining the battle potion with water candles?

Maybe I worded that wrong...The problem I was looking to solve was a case of too MANY spawns, rather than too few. A way to access the regular Battle Potion spawnrate but still having your 10x rate with another item would be amazingly helpful.

Maybe I worded that wrong...The problem I was looking to solve was a case of too MANY spawns, rather than too few. A way to access the regular Battle Potion spawnrate but still having your 10x rate with another item would be amazingly helpful.
Support, if you need a potion sprite: I've made this one: "
Super_Battle_Potion.png
".
Recipe shouldn't be too hard either, maybe one battle potion and some vile/vicious powder?

I got some help from Discord and I think it's possible. I'm working on it now.

Support, if you need a potion sprite: I've made this one: "View attachment 152239".
Recipe shouldn't be too hard either, maybe one battle potion and some vile/vicious powder?

Awesome sprite. Thanks, I'll use it.

Support, if you need a potion sprite: I've made this one: "View attachment 152239".

Okay the new Potion is made, I called it "Fenzy Potion". The only problem right now is I have to find which sound is the drinking potion sound, until then using the item makes a summoning sound.

Anybody know the id for the drinking sound?

Ah thanks, I'll fix it as soon as I can. I also I'm going to make the duration configurable. The line I need to change is:
Code:
player.AddBuff(mod.BuffType("Frenzy"), 29400);
Do you know how much of that number equals 7 minutes?
Hmm, 7 minutes should be 60 frames * 60 seconds * 7 minutes = 25200, so yeah, it's close.

Thanks. I actually did put 25200 at first and it said 6 minutes, but I just realized it must be because frames go by fast so I don't see it until it's 6min 59sec 59frames or less.
Also, I've noticed that when this mod is enabled, every ocean monster has a 100% drop chance for Pirate's Map, you might want to look into that.

It seems the frenzy debuff never runs out. It ticks down from 1 second and the loses the timer and stays like that.

Has it been updated to the newest Terraria? I tried like 5 days ago and it wasn't.
My mod was updated for the newest version of Terraria the day after tModLoader did. It works for Terraria 1.3.4.4 and tModLoader 0.9.0.3.

Does you tModLoader need updated maybe? Also check my mod in the game's mod browser and see if it has an update button.

It was voted on and I averaged out the votes. That does sound ridiculous, I'll make re-voting poll for it.

EDIT: I'll make it a duration of 7 days for now, but let me know if you'd like a different duration.
Lol I was playing on expert mode and many enemies dropped two trifold maps at a time.
[doublepost=1482901634,1482901541][/doublepost]Can you think of a way to craft the PDA easily? The cell phone is one of my favorite items because it is really useful. The problem I'm facing is that not all of the base items drop from mobs and the annoying three are the fishing ones.

Lol I was playing on expert mode and many enemies dropped two trifold maps at a time.
[doublepost=1482901634,1482901541][/doublepost]Can you think of a way to craft the PDA easily? The cell phone is one of my favorite items because it is really useful. The problem I'm facing is that not all of the base items drop from mobs and the annoying three are the fishing ones.
I'm looking into the Trifold map being dropped twice.

In the configuration file there are line starting with "QuestFishermansGuideIncrease" which allow you to increase the chances of getting certain items from completing fisherman quest, all PDA material rewards are configurable. Also there are lines starting with "MerchantLifeformAnalyzerIncrease" which allow you to configure the chance of items appearing in the traveling merchant shop, all PDA material items are there too and Metal Detector was added to this list since finding the Lost Girl/Nymph is extremely rare.

EDIT: I looked at the trifold map in my coding and I don't see any problem with it. It is possible for it to drop twice: 1 for the default vanilla drop chance then 1 for my mod's drop chance. If you set the trifold map drop chance in the configuration to 100%, then you'd get at least 1 ever time and a 1%/2% chance of it dropping twice.

Last edited:
Quick question; does the frenzy potion overlap with the frenzy potion from thoriummod and what is the recipe for the new frenzy potion (if i just can't see it).

Back
Top Bottom