tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

I've also been experiencing problems with The Old One's Army enemies not spawning while using this mod. Its not tied to one of the portals having a prefix either, in my second attempt the right portal spawned without a prefix but it still wouldn't spawn anything.

I've also been experiencing problems with The Old One's Army enemies not spawning while using this mod. Its not tied to one of the portals having a prefix either, in my second attempt the right portal spawned without a prefix but it still wouldn't spawn anything.

Could it be other mods causing your problem? Because I've done a number of tower defense events so far without any problems at all. Unless you're only encountering this on rare occasion and I haven't happened to stumble upon the right prefix to screw things up.

Could it be other mods causing your problem? Because I've done a number of tower defense events so far without any problems at all. Unless you're only encountering this on rare occasion and I haven't happened to stumble upon the right prefix to screw things up.

I am also using Thorium and Fargo's Mutant Mod, but the bug seems to be tied to Prefixes. The event works just fine if I remove Prefixes.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issues with the event. The Mobs only show up if you stand right next to the portal ( like right on top of it)

Do you have other mods installed? I'm experiencing the same problem, except I have Thorium, Tremor, CheatSheet, and Zoalken installed. Maybe it's a result of a conflict of mods combined with Enemy Prefixes.

I just attempted the event again, this time without any mods installed other than Prefixes, and the same problem (enemies don't spawn unless you get super close to the portal and despawn if you back away) happened.

The issue is indeed something to do with this prefixes mod, not anything else...
I came up with a theory that maybe it has to do with the fact that old one's army enemies enter a semi-unsolid state whilst not chasing the player (which requires the player being within a small distance of them to get aggro'd to not have them not focus on the player, and thus able to correctly spawn) so that they can pass through obstructions on the way to the crystal if there are any obstructions.

One thing to note is that the old one's army enemies DO spawn but despawn less than two frames later if not aggroed against the player after coming out of the portal

I am here to join the bug reporting. yes, Old one's Army is unplayable, or if I decide to just hang out on the portal, it's impossible to lose. My best guess is that prefixes changes a way state changing in monsters is handled, so when the etherian guys enter noclip mode the game forgets how to handle it and kills the entity.

Appreciating all of the bug reports here, especially this one:

The issue is indeed something to do with this prefixes mod, not anything else...
I came up with a theory that maybe it has to do with the fact that old one's army enemies enter a semi-unsolid state whilst not chasing the player (which requires the player being within a small distance of them to get aggro'd to not have them not focus on the player, and thus able to correctly spawn) so that they can pass through obstructions on the way to the crystal if there are any obstructions.

One thing to note is that the old one's army enemies DO spawn but despawn less than two frames later if not aggroed against the player after coming out of the portal

I think I might know exactly where the despawning occurs, because I recently dealt with a similar issue for Blood Zombies. The custom AI code requires that a NPCInfo object be created for every NPC when they run their normal AI, since prefix info is stored in the NPCInfo and I need to know what prefixes an NPC has to give it specific instructions. For whatever reason, in the last update, this started to cause exceptions for certain NPCs - no idea why. Since an exception in AI would cause something to despawn immediately, that seems the likely culprit.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to work on this, though. I'm preparing to leave the country in just a few days. Regardless, I'll probably post an update with the fix as soon as I figure it out.

what do the blood: rings do? I have no idea what the well is

It's an unfinished, unbalanced category of weapons. They're not obtainable legitimately. If you equip the "Blood Mage's Pact," you'll get your well.

Why is there a recipe to combine a Sorceror's Capacitor with 2x Sapphire Cosmic Tickets to make.. a Sorceror's Capacitor? All the recipe does currently is burn 2 Sapphire Cosmic Tickets for nothing.

Wouldn't making it sync with the:
Mana Battery (30s) -> Mana Capacitor (20s) -> Enhanced Mana Capacitor (10s) upgrade path make more sense? Instead of having it stuck at 30s.

Why is there a recipe to combine a Sorceror's Capacitor with 2x Sapphire Cosmic Tickets to make.. a Sorceror's Capacitor? All the recipe does currently is burn 2 Sapphire Cosmic Tickets for nothing.

Wouldn't making it sync with the:
Mana Battery (30s) -> Mana Capacitor (20s) -> Enhanced Mana Capacitor (10s) upgrade path make more sense? Instead of having it stuck at 30s.
Yup, what Melt in The Sun said. All items in this mod have an option to reroll modifiers for just 2 tickets.

just like the others said, theres a bug with the old ones army enemies not spawning unless you stand directly next to the portal and they also dispawn as soon as you go ~10blocks away from the portal. tested it without the mod on and it works perfectly so its no doubt the mods fault. i thought it might be because the protals god prefixes but even when the portal didnt get any prefixes it still bugged.

Back
Top Bottom