tModLoader Fishing 2.0

Suggestion for 200 angler quest

• Accesory or something equipable that gives permanent vanilla buffs

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • an other thing (leave your suggestion) [Not Weapons/Armor/Mount]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could depending on what It would have. I think you would find most of the items on the other crates though.
I can see that you're right. I just got so caught up in the idea of having a forest crate finally that I didn't think it through. I wonder if one day someone will put in one of those, but then put in a special balloon or something? Eh, it's an idea. Thank you, though. I love your mod. It's now on my top 6.

yes i know, but you can create artificial lakes but both normal and tmod terraria dosent have aditional content but unless you need quickly the lucky horseshoe, the sky creates are your best chance to get also shiny balloons, and combined with quality of life unique accesory to get frogshoe of balloons to jump 6 times and the ability to jump higher and auto jump (i always get that).

I have a certain bug to report. I keep fishing some Desert Crates in the Ocean but whenever I open it, it drops nothing.. Not sure if the Desert Crate itself doesn't drop anything, or if the Ocean shouldn't be giving Desert Crates in the first place :eek:

I have a certain bug to report. I keep fishing some Desert Crates in the Ocean but whenever I open it, it drops nothing.. Not sure if the Desert Crate itself doesn't drop anything, or if the Ocean shouldn't be giving Desert Crates in the first place :eek:

There was an Issue with the Desert crates that i fixed in the new version. I dont know why the Beach is also read as desert maybe due to the sand but I tested and you are able to fish both there. I also "fixed" the code a bit because I noticed that the code for fishing some crates were a bit messy and would cause sometimes to have a better chance than intended to fish a crate.

UPDATE NEW VERSION

Changelog: Bugfixes + Some sprites made by @Anubscorpiak

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!xtZWXb6B!PEybkvAa_XTNqzMlkJ5p0cRXUmV6u0gonGjkvd6IW5c

The forums are not letting me upload the file so use mega for now. I'll put it as an attachment when I'm able to.

Last edited:
lawl i have a better (worse) place holder for the pupper fish pistol lawl
upload_2016-12-14_15-30-47.png

There was an Issue with the Desert crates that i fixed in the new version. I dont know why the Beach is also read as desert maybe due to the sand but I tested and you are able to fish both there. I also "fixed" the code a bit because I noticed that the code for fishing some crates were a bit messy and would cause sometimes to have a better chance than intended to fish a crate.

UPDATE NEW VERSION

Changelog: Bugfixes + Some sprites made by @Anubscorpiak

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!xtZWXb6B!PEybkvAa_XTNqzMlkJ5p0cRXUmV6u0gonGjkvd6IW5c

The forums are not letting me upload the file so use mega for now. I'll put it as an attachment when I'm able to.
if is possible please put after any updates on the 1 page for those who arrive to this mod.

New Version Out
DOWNLOAD
(V1.1.4 14/12/2016)

Changelog:
1.1.4 Added new sprites made by Anubscorpiak made the obsidian crate give the crate back if you don't have shadow key

Added to the first post what exactly each crate gives.

Last edited:
I really like the addition of the new crates for ocean ice and the desert biome:D but can you check the drop rates for the crates please? it seems like i cant get ice skates out of them and even after opening 99 i didnt have many items, but a buttload of potions. So a slight buff in terms of item droprate for all the new crates would be nice:)

I checked and you were right the ice crate had unintentional lower chances while I was at it I adjusted the number for all the boxes it a bit so drop for equipable items/weapons compared to vanilla are slightly less because you get significantly more mod biome crates earlygame when fishing than vanilla biome crates because as far as I know tmodloader doesn't support to change the % drop chance as fishing power increases so all the boxes have a fixed drop chance that is not affected by anything which makes it a bit easier earlygame but harder lategame.

Around 12.5% crates now should give you one of the items but there is then 1 in 7 to get specifically the ice skates so around 2% total chance per box to get them.

NEW VERSION: DOWNLOAD

Changelog: Fixed drop chances for the ice crate and adjusted drop chances for other crates to be similar to vanilla. (Little less drop chance per crate but more crates compared to vanilla)

The Droprate is alot better now and it seems to wokr out finde with the desert crates, somehow RNG just hates me and gives me only a few flying carpets per 99 crates compared to the other drops:D

I have some crate ideas.. But you can ignore it because i don't even know what they should drop :/

Mushroom Crate - Can be fished in mushroom biome
Honey Crate - Can be fished in honey
Blood Crate - Can be fished in water while blood moon, I don't know if this possible.

This is all i can think of, this is just a suggestion, its up to you whether you want to add or not :)

There are no crates for blood moon or solar eclipse but I made it so if you do fish while those events are going on you can get some special items.

The honey and mushroom crates are nice conceptually but I don't see what could be inside of them. I wanna add content that's useful, makes sense and serves a purpose.

I'll keep it in mind though. I may add them later if I find something I could put in them that makes sense and it's necessary or If I add more mod items.

As someone who has done a ton of hours in Terraria fishing, this mod is really, really awesome.

Is it possible to add a summon weapon as a possible item to get from crates to give fishermen access to summons? And/Or a way for summoners to get a summon weapon without dealing any damage beforehand in pure summoner playthroughs?

Back
Top Bottom