tModLoader Experience and Classes

Are the new class advancement requirements reasonable?

• Yes! Major changes are NOT needed.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • The Monster/Boss Orb requirements are reasonable, but not the other requirements.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The other requirements are reasonable, but not the Monster/Boss Orb requirements.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No! Major changes are needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe add /expuse to the 'commands' spoiler on page 1? I was about to uninstall the mod because I couldn't figure out why /expuse wasn't working until I decided to read further into the thread.

Maybe add /expuse to the 'commands' spoiler on page 1? I was about to uninstall the mod because I couldn't figure out why /expuse wasn't working until I decided to read further into the thread.
Thanks pointing that out. The main post has been updated.

also the bug with the minion disappearing is caused by this mod, works with only witj this disabled.
Are you using the latest mod and tModLoader versions? This bug was introduced in v0.2 and then fixed in v0.2.1. Please let me know if you are experiencing the minion bug on the latest version.

hmmm

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,681
Neat. I'll take a look at this shortly. If it's actually decreasing arrow damage, I'll put up a fix soon. If it's just a typo, it'll be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for the report.

Edit: Just a visual bug. Archer is most definitely still increasing arrow damage. I'll have that cleaned up in v0.2.2.

Last edited:
Neat. I'll take a look at this shortly. If it's actually decreasing arrow damage, I'll put up a fix soon. If it's just a typo, it'll be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for the report.
Also maybe a fisher class that is tier 2. :sigh: just throwing it out there.

Hello Saerus! Is it possible to set exprate to 0? I mean... could I use "set exprate 0" to cap my level?

I like the new update but i have a question, how can you craft the upgrades when you don't get xp orbs anymore?

The orbs are crafted from your own experience. So if you hit level 5, you'll have enough experience to craft the 1600 experience orb needed to get to Tier 2. Sure, this "de-levels" you a bit but the benefits of the Tier 2 outweighs the hit in exp.

I wonder... do you have any plans or ideas for level gear? As in weapons or armor that become stronger with levels similar to the class accesories?

I realize this would require a spriter which you lack at present, but its a nice concept to throw around.

I just find the idea of using experience to craft stuff a bit invigorating for some reason. So having the posibility of accumulating exp and using it to craft a weapon which grows stronger alongside yourself seems very fun!

That also gives another path for the players: pick a class or pick a weapon/armor.

I wonder... do you have any plans or ideas for level gear? As in weapons or armor that become stronger with levels similar to the class accesories?

I realize this would require a spriter which you lack at present, but its a nice concept to throw around.

I just find the idea of using experience to craft stuff a bit invigorating for some reason. So having the posibility of accumulating exp and using it to craft a weapon which grows stronger alongside yourself seems very fun!

That also gives another path for the players: pick a class or pick a weapon/armor.

That sounds like a whole different mod to me, plus (my opinion of course) i rather not be limited to the same armor or weapon for the whole game even if it gets new attributes and buffs to it as you would progress. This to me seems like a mod solely about adding a EXP RPG class system to the game.
Again my thoughts once more, not pushing them out on anyone.

The orbs are crafted from your own experience. So if you hit level 5, you'll have enough experience to craft the 1600 experience orb needed to get to Tier 2. Sure, this "de-levels" you a bit but the benefits of the Tier 2 outweighs the hit in exp.
I knew that but how do you get the phisical experience items, before the last update you would get experience as an item in your inventory but after the last update the experience moved to a number in your player data. So you won't get experience items anymore to craft the next upgrade for your class token. My question was how to get the phisical experience items to craft the upgrade after the new update, since you don't get phisical experience anymore and i can't seem to find any way to convert the data/number of experience into physical items. And the crafting table also doesn't look for how much experience your data number has, only for the amount of experience items you have in your inventory.

I knew that but how do you get the phisical experience items, before the last update you would get experience as an item in your inventory but after the last update the experience moved to a number in your player data. So you won't get experience items anymore to craft the next upgrade for your class token. My question was how to get the phisical experience items to craft the upgrade after the new update, since you don't get phisical experience anymore and i can't seem to find any way to convert the data/number of experience into physical items. And the crafting table also doesn't look for how much experience your data number has, only for the amount of experience items you have in your inventory.

type "/expcraft #' to turn them back into items for crafting.

I think there's another mod called Dushy's which is able to upgrade weapons.

Having said that, I do agree that using experience to craft things is rather fun and I look forward to future updates on this mod.

oh, and another thing, at lvl 13 you need 6220,8....... xp to level up, so when you get lvl 14 it says you have (for example) 501,20000000000000000000000000000001 xp

Once the (hopefully) massive nerfs come through, I'm enabling this mod once more. I already lowered the exprate to 5% due to the three massive mod packs adding new enemies and bosses, but as soon as i achieve class 3 and hit lvl 10 (Ninja) crit rate hits 100% and damage is just to op, and i usually hit that before going into hardmode as well.
It helps me see why boss progression mods are more preferred now a days, but i'm still a fan of the hardcore mob grinding (not using a mob grinder) thing, so i'm fine with killing 10,000 or so enemies just to hit lvl 10. So i'm loving this mod ALOT!

Once the (hopefully) massive nerfs come through, I'm enabling this mod once more. I already lowered the exprate to 5% due to the three massive mod packs adding new enemies and bosses, but as soon as i achieve class 3 and hit lvl 10 (Ninja) crit rate hits 100% and damage is just to op, and i usually hit that before going into hardmode as well.
It helps me see why boss progression mods are more preferred now a days, but i'm still a fan of the hardcore mob grinding (not using a mob grinder) thing, so i'm fine with killing 10,000 or so enemies just to hit lvl 10. So i'm loving this mod ALOT!
maby make a config file where you can set a multiplier of the amount of xp dropped

Back
Top Bottom