Mobile Bait Glitch

OptiPri

Wall of Flesh
I honestly don't know if this is a high priority or not,but I found an exploit in bait by doing a glitch.If you have some bait,like some master bait,and another random item,like 347 dirt,you can glitch it to turn the 347 temporarily into bait to use.What you would do is once you have the bait in your inventory and the item(s) *I will be referring to it as a single item* is swap the items around to the other slot i.e. putting the bait into the dirt's slot and the dirt into the bait's slot.You then go into your world and swap them again.After you do that,you go to the world you plan to fish on.Check the tooltip where it says about the item and it says,say, 55% bait power.I found this out when ai was on YouTube looking for an effective method to quickly get bait.This was a problem when I gave my brother a Ankh Shield that took me awhile to make said "35% bait power" and he freaked out.Although not to game-breaking (by the standards I've seen) it can be seen as a fishing exploit.I'll attempt to replicate the glitch and post a photo.

image.png

This is what it looks like.

I honestly don't know if this is a high priority or not,but I found an exploit in bait by doing a glitch.If you have some bait,like some master bait,and another random item,like 347 dirt,you can glitch it to turn the 347 temporarily into bait to use.What you would do is once you have the bait in your inventory and the item(s) *I will be referring to it as a single item* is swap the items around to the other slot i.e. putting the bait into the dirt's slot and the dirt into the bait's slot.You then go into your world and swap them again.After you do that,you go to the world you plan to fish on.Check the tooltip where it says about the item and it says,say, 55% bait power.I found this out when ai was on YouTube looking for an effective method to quickly get bait.This was a problem when I gave my brother a Ankh Shield that took me awhile to make said "35% bait power" and he freaked out.Although not to game-breaking (by the standards I've seen) it can be seen as a fishing exploit.I'll attempt to replicate the glitch and post a photo.
It is a crazy glitch huh. :D In addition to the positive exploit of duplicating prized hard-to-get bait to get easy stacks of it, it also has a negative side effect in that you can accidentally turn your precious hard-to-get weapon (or Ankh Shield!) into a fishing rod by swapping them out.

It is a crazy glitch huh. :D In addition to the positive exploit of duplicating prized hard-to-get bait to get easy stacks of it, it also has a negative side effect in that you can accidentally turn your precious hard-to-get weapon (or Ankh Shield!) into a fishing rod by swapping them out.
The glitch is fixed by dropping the item. Or leaving it in a chest for a couple world loads

Can it be used as bait?
If you get one with bait power it can be used as baits, if you make it from a item that can spawn a critter you can actually spawn that critter. (Butterflies will spawn random butterflies, truffle worms, worms)

If you get one with bait power it can be used as baits, if you make it from a item that can spawn a critter you can actually spawn that critter. (Butterflies will spawn random butterflies, truffle worms, worms)
Oooh, so if you get the Horseman's Blade spawning something from it that could be the most powerful tool ever.

Oooh, so if you get the Horseman's Blade spawning something from it that could be the most powerful tool ever.
I'll test that at some point, last time i tried to turn a stack of throwing knives into butterfly spawners it wouldn't work

Tested, it half works, you'll hit more critters then you'll spawn pumpkins from. Must use a tile for critter spawning however. Also doesn't work on cloud characters.

This glitch is nothing new, it's been here ever since fishing was out.
BTW baits that have 666% bait power can spawn Duke fishron regardless the item, so beware this glitch can easily get you brutally killed by duke fishron when only trying to get quest fish from the ocean...

Back
Top Bottom