Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason the steampunker isn't selling the steam punk boiler I've met the conditions on the wiki and it doesn't say that it's not in mobile any suggestions (also there are a few other items with this problem such as the exploding bunny) I would re beat the bosses (which by the way is an odd condition for a hardmode item) but there is no crimson left in my world to fight brain of cthulu in

For some reason the steampunker isn't selling the steam punk boiler I've met the conditions on the wiki and it doesn't say that it's not in mobile any suggestions (also there are a few other items with this problem such as the exploding bunny) I would re beat the bosses (which by the way is an odd condition for a hardmode item) but there is no crimson left in my world to fight brain of cthulu in

I believe I also had this issue a long time ago, and your story fits.

You will need a new world, but this one CORRUPTION, get through all the requirements in that world, and then the Steampunk will sell it, the Exploding Bunny I believe is a craft-only, and you need to catch a bunny and have dynamite.

I don't think the Steampunk properly sells the boiler in Crimson Worlds :/
Character
Hmmm, sounds like your character had an item that makes the game crash.

So, an Item that isn't supposed to exist (or you to have, like Dev Armour) or an Item somehow went into a slot it doesn't belong in, or, and most commonly, You simply have an item on/in your hotbar/inventory that this version of the game crashes with.

I tested a theory about the boiler and I was right I just had to make an artificial corruption and beat the eater of worlds and it showed up which means either an erroneous boolean algorithm in the check for for the bosses being beaten or something just doesn't update / save properly when beating brain of cthulu

Good to know,and thanks.
[doublepost=1476315563,1476315406][/doublepost]
But 1,3 on Xbox One S will have better graphics you know.
[doublepost=1476315623][/doublepost]:hoppinjack::golem::brain:
[doublepost=1476315873][/doublepost]I CANT WAIT,I JUST GOT A XBOX ONE S :redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::pumpking::golem::golem::brain::brain::red2::red2::red2::red::redspin::red::red2::red2::red:
Oh my god I CANT WAIT I JUST GOT A PS4PRO....
nobody cares

I realized something and did some googling to be sure and exception handling including OutOfMemoryExeption (thrown when there is not enough RAM for a task) displays "unfortunately -app- has stopped" when terraria crashes (save crash, crash from something else that would display on the screen over it and occasional random crash) it doesn't display this message I kknow of only four things that end an activity without displaying this; power off, home button, back button and "finish();" being triggered now it's obviously not powering off, I'm not hitting the home this often button because this doesn't happen with mcpe which has a similar control layout, I recently discovered that the back button is overridden to do the same thing as the pause button, so that leaves either something I don't know about or "finish ();" is being triggered also last time I checked the 1 GB RAM requirement was only for expanded worlds

PLEASE let console players create their own control schemes. With all of the new functions that are present in the pc version, it would be amazing to be able to bind any button to any action.

This is just weird I finally got a hotline fishing hook so I immediately went to catch flarefin koi and obsidifish so I could make inferno potions but all I can catch in lava is whatever fish I caught last elsewhere (even quest fish) it's not the hook because it works fine in water any suggestions on how to get the fish I want

More info
1. Item does not have to be caught just hooked
2.resets to not hooking anything after relog or catching a few fish
3. If you put the line in water (not tested with honey) then dive into lava when it starts bobbing you can set your last hooked fish to something cought in lava (workaround to bug, likely due to the fact that catches are based on player biome)
4. It's technically be duplication glitch(you can fish for something valuable then go find some lava and get more of it)
5. Makes some items significantly harder to obtain
6. Best guess the fishing que doesn't update when the bobber is in lava (and is reset to zero after some amount of time or some trigger (possibly opening inventory)

Now which section of the bug forums do I copy paste this into

Last edited:
This is just weird I finally got a hotline fishing hook so I immediately went to catch flarefin koi and obsidifish so I could make inferno potions but all I can catch in lava is whatever fish I caught last elsewhere (even quest fish) it's not the hook because it works fine in water any suggestions on how to get the fish I want

More info
1. Item does not have to be caught just hooked
2.resets to not hooking anything after relog or catching a few fish
3. If you put the line in water (not tested with honey) then dive into lava you can set your last hooked fish to something cought in lava (workaround to bug, likely due to the fact that catches are based on player biome)
4. It's technically be duplication glitch(you can fish for something valuable then go find some lava and get more of it)
5. Makes some items significantly harder to obtain
6. Best guess the fishing que doesn't update when the bobber is in lava (and is reset to zero after some amount of time or some trigger)

Now which section of the bug forums do I copy paste this into
That's a weird one I've never heard of dirtlord. Interesting.

505 Games' preferred method of receiving bug reports is a form that you can fill out and it goes directly to them: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

You can always also post your mobile bugs in the Mobile Bug Report section. You'll mostly get answers/responses from other forum members there and not from 505 Games. https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/mobile-bug-reports.149/

PLEASE let console players create their own control schemes. With all of the new functions that are present in the pc version, it would be amazing to be able to bind any button to any action.
Well the current PC controller menu lets you rebind any button to any command you want, and there are a few more commands available than there are buttons to use. I'd imagine with the goal being to bring the console versions closer inline to the PC version that we will be getting this controller binding menu as well.

Can the Xiaomi Pad 7.9, 1st Gen. with 2gb RAM run Mobile Terraria 1.3 ? Just speculating here. Do I need more RAM?

Can the Xiaomi Pad 7.9, 1st Gen. with 2gb RAM run Mobile Terraria 1.3 ? Just speculating here. Do I need more RAM?
I would expect that it would since you have twice the current minimum spec on RAM for 1.2.x, but there has really been no information given about that at this point.

Ocram, Lepus, and turkor would have a expert exclusive item?
that would be awesome

Treasure bags for Ocram, Lepus and Turkor? :D Who's gonna sprite them though? And what could possibly be the Expert mode exclusive item (I hope that Turkor will be made hardmode and tougher (cuz he's already too tough in early pre hardmode) and the item would be something related in healing :)golem:) or something else idk)
[doublepost=1483950373,1483950159][/doublepost]Ocram
Ocram

Ocram
Ocram
Ocram
Ocram
Ocram
<extra lines removed by staff>

(thinking if they will add mobile and console exclusive stuff into pc, like Tizona, Roman Candle, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom