Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Will this come to Wii U? I am just wondering on behalf of all WII U owners, including myself.
[doublepost=1482281898,1482281780][/doublepost]
unfortunately the PS3, Ps Vita, Xbox360 and WiiU versions are at the end of updates.

ARE YOU :redmunch:ing KIDDING ME, WE GOT LIKE THREE UPDATES AND THEN IT'S DONE! WHY MUST THEY DO THIS!

Will this come to Wii U? I am just wondering on behalf of all WII U owners, including myself.
[doublepost=1482281898,1482281780][/doublepost]

ARE YOU :redmunch:ing KIDDING ME, WE GOT LIKE THREE UPDATES AND THEN IT'S DONE! WHY MUST THEY DO THIS!
The reasons are clearly explained here:

This update is intended to draw a line under Terraria on Wii U as it did with the other platforms - so we are afraid that no further updates for Wii U will be possible due to technical limitations. Bear in mind that you now have the same great content in two hits. There were more updates on the other platforms simply because they were released earlier. The content is the same. The logic for being unable to further update Wii U is, regrettably, the same as the ‘old gen’ machines – though the Wii U does admittedly have more resources than the 360/PS3, it is still a fraction as capable as PS4 and Xbox One, and we need all their available horsepower to take Terraria where we want to go next. This version will still be able to play online, so you can continue to enjoy it as long as you’re gaming on the Wii U platform. By the time the next update rolls out on PS4/Xbox One we’ll be very close to the launch of NX… But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

I am a bit unsure why the PS3 can handle a big game such as Watch Dogs, yet it wouldn't be able to handle some new enemies & items on Terraria.

I am a bit unsure why the PS3 can handle a big game such as Watch Dogs, yet it wouldn't be able to handle some new enemies & items on Terraria.
Because Terraria and Watch Dogs are vastly different games, in the ways that they are created and run.

Terraria requires that all world info be loaded into RAM at all times (on all platforms). I haven't played Watch Dogs myself, but I'm fairly sure that like most games of its type, it loads a small part at a time, and there are loading screens/pauses as you move around. Terraria has no loading screens by design and necessity.

As Terraria has grown (in terms of number of items/features and size of the code base), the amount of RAM required to run smoothly (without crashes, stutters and lags) has grown. The game has gotten large enough that the RAM available on the PS3 (and Vita, Xbox 360, and Wii U as well) is not sufficient to run the game any longer (with more content past 1.2.4). There's only so much optimization that can be done to make it fit, and optimization itself may unintentionally cause bugs and crashing issues that are much harder to diagnose and fix.

This chart show the crucial difference that is at the heart of the issue (even though it's from 2013, the specs are still accurate today):
ps3 vs ps4.png
The RAM specs are highlighted, and shows that the PS4 has 16X the amount of RAM as your PS3. Most current mobile phones and tablets have more RAM than your PS3. There's nothing you, Re-Logic, Engine, or PipeWorks can do to change that about your 10+ year-old model console.

There's only so much code and data that you can cram into 512MB of RAM and have it run predictably without major issues. That's the reason why 'last-gen' consoles and mobile devices of that level are not getting further content updates from this game. It's not the processor, the graphics chip, or the HDD. It's the RAM.

I don't mind the glitches, but I think the huge issue with the PS4 version is that the icons are super small, which makes it hard to see what item you have.

Because Terraria and Watch Dogs are vastly different games, in the ways that they are created and run.

Terraria requires that all world info be loaded into RAM at all times (on all platforms). I haven't played Watch Dogs myself, but I'm fairly sure that like most games of its type, it loads a small part at a time, and there are loading screens/pauses as you move around. Terraria has no loading screens by design and necessity.

As Terraria has grown (in terms of number of items/features and size of the code base), the amount of RAM required to run smoothly (without crashes, stutters and lags) has grown. The game has gotten large enough that the RAM available on the PS3 (and Vita, Xbox 360, and Wii U as well) is not sufficient to run the game any longer (with more content past 1.2.4). There's only so much optimization that can be done to make it fit, and optimization itself may unintentionally cause bugs and crashing issues that are much harder to diagnose and fix.

This chart show the crucial difference that is at the heart of the issue (even though it's from 2013, the specs are still accurate today):
View attachment 152392
The RAM specs are highlighted, and shows that the PS4 has 16X the amount of RAM as your PS3. Most current mobile phones and tablets have more RAM than your PS3. There's nothing you, Re-Logic, Engine, or PipeWorks can do to change that about your 10+ year-old model console.

There's only so much code and data that you can cram into 512MB of RAM and have it run predictably without major issues. That's the reason why 'last-gen' consoles and mobile devices of that level are not getting further content updates from this game. It's not the processor, the graphics chip, or the HDD. It's the RAM.
Now THAT'S an answer!

No. Asking/Begging for likes is not allowed.
:red: the cops are here. better run
[doublepost=1483126885,1483126837][/doublepost]gosh dangit. I broke my terraria disc. Is this the mod doing this?
[doublepost=1483126971][/doublepost]
No. Asking/Begging for likes is not allowed.
No Replying is allowed on Deleted Comments
[doublepost=1483127177][/doublepost]badadaba

Theres a problem on ps3 and maybe more systems but when u dye it takes like 45 seconds to respawn witch by then the boss has despawned with is a pronlem please fix this its probably less than forty five secons though

Theres a problem on ps3 and maybe more systems but when u dye it takes like 45 seconds to respawn witch by then the boss has despawned with is a pronlem please fix this its probably less than forty five secons though
In the June 2016 update, the re-spawn timer was fixed to better align with how the PC re-spawn timer works. Previously the console versions had an almost immediate re-spawn which was incorrect, and the June 2016 update corrected that. The current re-spawn timer is correct and matches the PC version.

Also, it takes longer to re-spawn in multiplayer if you die near a boss. To prevent death chaining.

Online Multiplayer is still horrible with more than 1 person on Consoles.

With each extra player, the frame rate gets considerably worse to where we see only our character and a black background trying to load, enemies that are already dead still appear alive, chests take over a minute to look in, etc etc.

Please fix soon.

Last edited:
Hello all. Can anyone tell me if they have found a rune wizard or had a solar eclipse on ps4? I'm either having extremely bad luck or the update broke them. Thank you.

Hello all. Can anyone tell me if they have found a rune wizard or had a solar eclipse on ps4? I'm either having extremely bad luck or the update broke them. Thank you.
I think you're being unlucky. I have encountered Rune Wizards in the underground hallow (usually when it's the most inconvenient), and I have had a couple solar eclipses since the latest console update. I'm on Xbox, but that shouldn't matter as the PS4 version is built from the same code.

So if the bug isn't mentioned in the first post, I should report it?

Because I had infinite worms spawn from my Spectre Hamaxe...

So if the bug isn't mentioned in the first post, I should report it?

Because I had infinite worms spawn from my Spectre Hamaxe...
There will be issues and bugs spread throughout the other pages as well. But you can always report bugs that you find here, by making a thread in the Console Bug Report section (make sure to do a search first to see if something similar has already been discussed), or directly to 505 Games' preferred method of receiving bug reports at their form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The particular issue you're seeing is a bug/glitch that involves switching out your Hamaxe with your worms. Swapping their position in your inventory, saving and exiting, (upon re-entering you'll notice that your Hamaxe now has bait power) swapping them back to original position, saving and exiting. Be careful though because during my own testing to recreate it I've had my tool turn into a worm, so make sure you're saving and backing up.

The particular issue you're seeing is a bug/glitch that involves switching out your Hamaxe with your worms. Swapping their position in your inventory, saving and exiting, (upon re-entering you'll notice that your Hamaxe now has bait power) swapping them back to original position, saving and exiting. Be careful though because during my own testing to recreate it I've had my tool turn into a worm, so make sure you're saving and backing up.

I'm not sure that I even had worms in my inventory at the time, though. And I'm pretty sure I didn't have a butterfly in my inventory, but my piggy bank turned into a butterfly when I placed it out. I might have had them, though, I can't remember very well.

PS4

This kinda sucks, so I used the last of my money to buy leaf wings and then I tried to equip them via quick equip it destroyed one of my equipped accessories( fire gauntlet) so now I have to farm for that crap again which is very annoying

As well as if you try to nerd pole ( nerdpole: a 1 block wide tower made with intention of climbing upwards) with pine and attempt to place it on a branch of a tree it spawns butterflies for every block placed, not placing the block so you get butterflies instead of placed pine blocks

(ps :is it possible I can get help with my replacement gauntlet)

Back
Top Bottom