Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

I've been having success finding taller maps, but I keep on running into two issues. 1.) The height variation is too great. For example, I can generate a world that is 600' tall at spawn, and 10' tall at the ocean, how can I make world height more consistent? 2.) Oceans are screwed up, all oceans I generate are FAR too small to even function as an ocean biome, the beaches are always far too large. I think this may actually be a bug, screenshot here shows why this is a problem: http://imgur.com/a/PqqLE
1. The "height" is based off the variation. If you want it flat, the height will be low, if you want it high, then you need variation. It's a chicken and egg problem.

2. That looks bad, I'll have to find time to figure out why that is happening.

1. The "height" is based off the variation. If you want it flat, the height will be low, if you want it high, then you need variation. It's a chicken and egg problem.

2. That looks bad, I'll have to find time to figure out why that is happening.
Alright, hopefully you can fix it soon, since almost every world I am generating has that same problem. The oceans are never properly generated, unfortunately :(
Also, alright, I can deal with height variation, thanks for the clarification.

Try lowering some options. Or post the settings and I'll try.

"WorldWidth": 6400,
"WorldHeight": 1800,
"PreSmashAltar": 0.4978355,
"PreSmashAltarOreAlternates": true,
"SelectTreeStyle0": 3,
"SelectTreeStyle1": 4,
"SelectTreeStyle2": 5,
"SelectMossType0": 0,
"SelectMossType1": 0,
"SelectMossType2": 0,
"IsCopper": 3,
"IsIron": 3,
"IsSilver": 3,
"IsGold": 3,
"IsCobalt": 0,
"IsMythril": 1,
"IsAdaman": 0,
"IsCorruption": 3,
"IsPyramid": 1,
"IsGiantTree": 1,
"ForceEnchantedSwordShrineReal": true,
"MoonStyle": 0,
"DungeonStyle": 2,
"ForestStyle": 6,
"CorruptStyle": 1,
"JungleStyle": 1,
"SnowStyle": 4,
"HallowStyle": 1,
"CrimsonStyle": 0,
"DesertStyle": 0,
"OceanStyle": 2,
"PercCopp": 5.0,
"PercIron": 5.0,
"PercSilv": 4.285714,
"PercGold": 4.35064936,
"PercDemonite": 3.67965364,
"PercHellstone": 3.63636374,
"SelectDungeon": 0,
"ShrineType": 5,
"EnchantedSwordBiomeMultiplier": 2.48917747,
"MushroomBiomeMultiplier": 10.0,
"SkyIslandMultiplier": 10.0,
"DungeonSide": 2,
"CrimsonCorruptionAvoidJungle": true,
"CrimsonMultiplier": 0.281385273,
"CorruptionMultiplier": 0.584415555,
"MineCartMultiplier": 1.51948047,
"GemMultiplier": 51.94805,
"GemCaveMultiplier": 2.25108218,
"GemCaveSizeMultiplier": 2.077922,
"HiveMultiplier": 1.12554109,
"SpiderCaveMultiplier": 1.70995677,
"GraniteCaveMultiplier": 2.121212,
"MarbleCaveMultiplier": 2.16450214,
"CrystalHeartMultiplier": 10.0,
"StatueMultiplier": 10.0,
"SurfaceTerrainHeightMax": 0.195454538,
"SurfaceTerrainHeightMin": 0.195454538,
"BypassSpawnAreaFlatness": true,
"DungeonSizeMultiplier": 3.6863637,
"BeachSizeMultiplier": 1.45064938,
"UndergroundCabinMultiplier": 1.60173166,
"TempleSizeMultiplier": 2.55497837,
"IceBackStyle": 2,
"HellBackStyle": 3,
"JungleBackStyle": 2,
"CaveBackStyle1": 3,
"CaveBackStyle2": 4,
"CaveBackStyle3": 7,
"TreeLowerBound": 60,
"TreeUpperBound": 60,
"SurfaceHorizontalTunnelsMultiplier": 1.94805193,
"LakeMultiplier": 1.038961,
"BiomeChestSets": 10,
"JungleShrineMultiplier": 2.29437232,
"PotsMultiplier": 2.5,
"HardmodeStripes": false,
"MahoganyTreeMultiplier": 2.0,
"WaterChestMultiplier": 3.44155836,
"SurfaceChestMultiplier": 2.121212,
"TempleChestMultiplier": 5.0,

I hope this will help.

Is it possible that when you first spawn in a world, your spawnpoint doesn't have to be the default spawnpoint? Can it be for example on the beach, in a cave, or in the underworld? It would be cool if this can be added in the "challenge" section! :)
(A random spawn button)

Last edited:
Is it possible that when you first spawn in a world, your spawnpoint doesn't have to be the default spawnpoint? Can it be for example on the beach, in a cave, or in the underworld? It would be cool if this can be added in the "challenge" section! :)
(A random spawn button)
That's a neat idea, I'll try to remember to do that.

Alright, I got a question about using seeds: Whenever I use the exact same parameters as a certain seed, it always ends up being a different seed. I am quite confused by this fact, am I doing something wrong? Do I just create the seed, and leave the parameters alone?

Alright, I got a question about using seeds: Whenever I use the exact same parameters as a certain seed, it always ends up being a different seed. I am quite confused by this fact, am I doing something wrong? Do I just create the seed, and leave the parameters alone?
I assume the set of parameters + seed will be unique world. Change anything and everything will change. Is this what you are asking?

I assume the set of parameters + seed will be unique world. Change anything and everything will change. Is this what you are asking?
Interesting, I must be doing something wrong, because I have put in the exact parameters of a specific seed, and could NOT recreate it, even when I plugged in the exact seed that I generated. I am wondering if I use the default parameters set by your tool, and the only information I put in is the seed, will the seed be the same as before? I am pretty much lost at this point. I can provide details if you would like.

EDIT: How may I post the settings of my world?

Last edited:
Interesting, I must be doing something wrong, because I have put in the exact parameters of a specific seed, and could NOT recreate it, even when I plugged in the exact seed that I generated. I am wondering if I use the default parameters set by your tool, and the only information I put in is the seed, will the seed be the same as before? I am pretty much lost at this point. I can provide details if you would like.

EDIT: How may I post the settings of my world?
oh, are you trying to recreate a vanilla seed? There are probably a lot of problems with that. Plus, I haven't actually tested it seeds work.

oh, are you trying to recreate a vanilla seed? There are probably a lot of problems with that. Plus, I haven't actually tested it seeds work.
No, I am trying to recreate a custom world gen seed with TerraCustom. I don't think seeds work unfortunately, as I have many seeds saved up that I wanted to recreate, but I just ended up getting completely random seeds instead of the ones I put into TerraCustom.

No, I am trying to recreate a custom world gen seed with TerraCustom. I don't think seeds work unfortunately, as I have many seeds saved up that I wanted to recreate, but I just ended up getting completely random seeds instead of the ones I put into TerraCustom.
K, I'll check that out.

This is a minor suggestion, but would it be possible to make the options sliders larger?
It is sometimes quite difficult to get values you want and there is a lot of unused space to the left of their current placement.

Let me know when you have gained insight on the seed issue (if there even is one), I am irking to start a new playthrough, and your program will make this much easier!

k, not sure why the seed would matter for that though.
I found a specific seed that I wanted to use for my playthrough, but when trying to recreate it using your program, it just ended up creating a random seed. That's the beauty of seeds, and how they should work! Seeds are great for recreating amazing worlds, perfect for long play throughs!

I found a specific seed that I wanted to use for my playthrough, but when trying to recreate it using your program, it just ended up creating a random seed. That's the beauty of seeds, and how they should work! Seeds are great for recreating amazing worlds, perfect for long play throughs!
Oh, but if you change anything at all, it'll no longer generate to be remotely anything like what a vanilla seed would be like. Bump something up to 101% and the whole world will be different. If you already have a seed you want that works in vanilla, you'll need to use vanilla to generate that seed.

Oh, but if you change anything at all, it'll no longer generate to be remotely anything like what a vanilla seed would be like. Bump something up to 101% and the whole world will be different. If you already have a seed you want that works in vanilla, you'll need to use vanilla to generate that seed.
I have used the same criteria for generating a world, and then using a seed, and it still doesn't create the seed. I don't know what the problem is.

Welp...
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetModPlayer(Player player, Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer(Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer[T](Mod mod)
at Expeditions.WorldExplore.Initialize()
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
Every time i try to create a world I'm met with this now, which is strange as it worked earlier when i initially downloaded.

Welp...
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetModPlayer(Player player, Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer(Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer[T](Mod mod)
at Expeditions.WorldExplore.Initialize()
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
Every time i try to create a world I'm met with this now, which is strange as it worked earlier when i initially downloaded.

Been having the same issue. I have updated tc and tmod, but it seems tc says I have an older version.

Back
Top Bottom