tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Been fixed for next update, don't worry.
my PC can only handle thorium and 4 other mods, if i add more it will crash or say:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

And :
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
Does anyone know what this means??

Mod runs well, but for some reason the player character seems slow and floaty like the game is lagging. The guide, slimes and rabbits still run around like normal but my characters don't. Is there a fix for this?

Granite Energy Surge feels way more like a Hardmode boss than something post-Skeletron, even in Normal mode. Am I overthinking it? Its speed and damage outputs just feel pretty cruel.

my PC can only handle thorium and 4 other mods, if i add more it will crash or say:
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)

And :
Pretty sure what you quoted had nothing to do with anything... But to answer your question, you have to little ram(or memory) - I also have this problem, but that's not important to mention.

And :
To put it simply, you don't have enough memory. How much RAM do you have?

Granite Energy Surge feels way more like a Hardmode boss than something post-Skeletron, even in Normal mode. Am I overthinking it? Its speed and damage outputs just feel pretty cruel.
It's possible to beat him with the Magick/Amber Augmented Magick Staff, but I do agree that he seems a bit nigh-impossible unless you are able to dig out major piercing weapons prior. Lot of the reason that weapon is it's Kyrptonite is the stacked debuffs AND the piercing attacks. I suppose Strange Skull may help if you're wearing summon gear, but not refought him after gathering it.

----- snip -----

you need to increase the maximum ram allowed for the game to function, you can adjust this usually in the launch parameters in the steam properties window, the section for max memory just needs to be increased, however if your ram is small manually adjusting it can still fail to work
[doublepost=1484270291,1484269773][/doublepost]on the granite boss i can confirm that you can beat him with yoyos pretty well so long as you make a vertical zipper pipe, boomerangs can work with a flip-flop 3 lane horizontal structure, spears work well if you can make a false wall to keep him in location, and even an aqua scepter can destroy him if you use a slanted platform course, basically you just need to prep a little before hand, i count him as the early game equivalent of plantera, basically it is a big difficulty increase, however with planning and building his actions are easy to predict and counter, heck if ur careful a down slanted solid block build *could allow a regular type sword to even beat him as long as you keep the path clear

This is really weird, but I got the Titan Sword in pre-hardmode as a drop from a mob from a different mod. I had made a new Summoner character and I killed two Dusty Grits (Monsters from the GRealm mod), and both dropped Titan Swords. I don't know if this is a bug that must be fixed on the Thorium Devs part, or if GRealm has to fix it. Anyway, it was a bit weird to see.

This is really weird, but I got the Titan Sword in pre-hardmode as a drop from a mob from a different mod. I had made a new Summoner character and I killed two Dusty Grits (Monsters from the GRealm mod), and both dropped Titan Swords. I don't know if this is a bug that must be fixed on the Thorium Devs part, or if GRealm has to fix it. Anyway, it was a bit weird to see.
This is generally caused by an ID desync. Reinstall Terraria and TML and it should be fixed, unless it's caused by something else.

Is Thorium mod compatible with others like tremor or calamity?
Seems to be, although there is a lot of overlap with Tremor (and the Thorium versions are nearly always superior). Considering how heavily WIP Tremor is until the 1.3 update (mod version not Terraria version) I would suggest ditching Tremor in favor of Thorium.

Seems to be, although there is a lot of overlap with Tremor (and the Thorium versions are nearly always superior). Considering how heavily WIP Tremor is until the 1.3 update (mod version not Terraria version) I would suggest ditching Tremor in favor of Thorium.

Is it better than the thorium mod to the rest? I'm sorry, my english is very bad and it's hard for me to understand

Pfffft oh God I just noticed the creator of the mod is Divermansam and in the mod there is a Diverman NPC of which one of his names is Sam! ahahahah I dunno, it's hilarious to me

By the way, this mod is awesome and it really deserves the respect it has.
also, is there ever going to be another addition in terms of biomes? like a counterpart to the abyssal depths, just like Crimson and Corruption, named uhh... I dunno, Volcanic Chasm? that would be bonkers

Pfffft oh God I just noticed the creator of the mod is Divermansam and in the mod there is a Diverman NPC of which one of his names is Sam! ahahahah I dunno, it's hilarious to me

By the way, this mod is awesome and it really deserves the respect it has.
also, is there ever going to be another addition in terms of biomes? like a counterpart to the abyssal depths, just like Crimson and Corruption, named uhh... I dunno, Volcanic Chasm? that would be bonkers
if i remember right when he first introduced that npc if the Sam one died you got a screen msg and an OP item dropped, but it been a while since then lol

Back
Top Bottom