Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Nerf) Orichalcum Armor

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Everything stays the same

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Everybody

Terrarian
One of may favorite armors: Mythril. I love the design of Mythril, but I always wondered whether Orichalcum was overall stronger.

Mythril_armor_Helmet.png
Helmet:
37 Defense
+15% Melee Damage
+13% Melee Critical Strike Chance

Mythril_armor_Hat.png
Hat:
27 Defense
+17% Ranged Damage
+10% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
-20% Chance not to Consume Ammo

Mythril_armor_Hood.png
Hood:
24 Defense
+20% Magic Damage
-17% Mana Usage
+3% Critical Strike Chance
+60 Max Mana

Orichalcum_armor.png
Orichalcum Armor:

Mask:
42 Defense
+18% Movement Speed
+7% Melee Damage
+7% Melee Speed
+6% Critical Strike Chance

Helmet:
30 Defense
+21% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
+19% Movement Speed

Headgear:
27 Defense
+24% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+11% Movement Speed
+80 Max Mana

Petals shoot to deal damage to enemies when you hit an enemy

So, which one is stronger/need buffs?

As i said in the last thread, orichalcum has the set bonus, but mythril has better raw stats.

The orichalcum set bonus is terrible. So is the Mythril Melee Helmet Set Bonus (+5% Critical Strike Chance? REALLY)?!

As i said in the last thread, orichalcum has the set bonus, but mythril has better raw stats.

Orichalcum- 42/30/27

Mythril- 37/27/24

Orichalcum also has higher stat boosts, plus the petals. Orichalcum is definitely better.

The only advantage of Mythril is if you're a ranger, as you get the -20% ammo consumption bonus.

Orichalcum- 42/30/27

Mythril- 37/27/24

Orichalcum also has higher stat boosts, plus the petals. Orichalcum is definitely better.

The only advantage of Mythril is if you're a ranger, as you get the -20% ammo consumption bonus.
what i would do with all the hm ore alts is keep the set bonus on the 1.2 ores but switch around the stats.

EDIT: and buff orichalcum's set bonus

Sounds like the best idea to me in a way. Keep the 1.1 stats for the 1.1 Armors, but switch around the defense. But, Orichalcum still sucks.

the petals do about 30 damage, I would change it to be proportional to the damage dealt by the attack that summoned the petal, and maybe let it summon petals faster

Sounds like the best idea to me in a way. Keep the 1.1 stats for the 1.1 Armors, but switch around the defense. But, Orichalcum still sucks.
what i meant was switch around every stat except set bonus. and buff orichalcum's bonus.

EDIT: but i dont really care becuase i usually farm destroyer with cobalt/palladium then get hallowed. Cutlass works miracle against segmented enemies.

And yet the set bonus persists to suck! It's terrible, and even worse compared to Palladium or Titanium!

Not really. You're basing that off of defense, plus the Orichalcum Set bonus is TERRIBLE.

What makes the Orichalcum set bonus so much worse than, say, the Chlorophyte set bonus? The damage is less, but they're very similar. Yet no one complains about its bonus.

I like the Chlorophyte Set bonus much more because the way it's triggered. It doesn't rely on you to strike an enemy, plus it goes through walls.

As on the other thread.. here is the DPS of each armor with an original hardmode ore sword against a possessed armor:

Mythril with Mythril: ~67
Orichalcum with Mythril: ~79 +16 = ~95 (petals spawn approximately once a second)

If my numbers are right, Orichalcum is about 1.4 times as strong as Mythril, and also takes about 3 less damage. Even if the petals miss, Orichalcum's still got a better DPS, it seems, and the petals can hit multiple mobs and shred up segmented enemies. Orichalcum totaly rips apart Destroyer, btw. Not sure if petals can crit, but if they can.. that makes the average DPS even greater than 95, assuming the petal hits at least once.

I'm a Ranger, and I say you're wrong.

Reduced ammo consumption will remain a useless trait as long as it remains superbly easy to acquire ammunition like it is now. For decent bullets (explosive, that damn knockback), all you need is a few gold pieces and you'll have 4000 in a few minutes. To get (arguably) the best bullets in the game, crystal bullets, it takes only a little more time and not much money. This set bonus contributes nothing at all to actual combat. The Mana bonus slightly contributes and the Melee one definitely does.

Arrows are the same story. The best to use for single-target DPS are Cursed/Ichor (jester for Destroyer) until you get the Tsunami and use holy arrows.

All rockets are pretty much bought, so there's nothing more to say here.

Back
Top Bottom