Weapons & Equip Fishron Scales- a New Way to make Duke Fishron drops

Is this a good idea?

• This is awesome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's really bad

• Something needs to be changed (say what it is in the comments)

• Total voters

SolaR

Golem
Has anyone tried to get a certain drop from duke fishron but RNG just wouldn't let them have it? (the answer is yes). Well i have an idea to fix that.

Duke Fishron would now drop 9-15 Fishron Scales
FishronScale.png
(if anyone can make a better sprite with the duke's color palette i would appreciate it) 100% of the time instead of its current weapon drops.
Note: Duke Fishron would still drop the Bubble Gun and Tempest Staff, but now with a 30% or 40% chance.
New Crafting-
Fishron Wings= 20 Souls of Flight + 15 Fishron Scales
Flairon= 50 Chains + 10 Fishron Scales
Tsunami= 12 Chlorophyte Bars + 8 Fishron Scales
Razorblade Typhoon= 1 Spell Tome + 12 Fishron Scales + (?) 8 Chlorophyte Bars
(?) means possibly

If I missed anything please tell me in the comments. As always feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
EDIT 1: Changed recipe for Fishron Wings. Mentioned Tempest staff as an item still dropped by the Duke
EDIT 2: Changed the amount of scales Fishron drops from 8-12 to 9-15
EDIT 3: Changed the Flairon recipe; now has 50 chains instead of Golem fist.

Last edited:
Mostly the wings. And the Flairon.

Also, you forgot Tempest Staff.
Changed the recipe for Wings. the reason i have the golem fist in the Flairon's recipe is because you dont keep the golem fist for long and it is weaker than the Flower Pow.

it takes more grinding to get every item from duke fishron as it is now
at least you wont have to fight 2 other bosses to get it, it would suck if you didnt get the fist from the golem, fought fishron "hmm I want to make the best flail in game right now"
LEL 2 BAD RNG DIDNT LET YOU

at least you wont have to fight 2 other bosses to get it, it would suck if you didnt get the fist from the golem, fought fishron "hmm I want to make the best flail in game right now"
LEL 2 BAD RNG DIDNT LET YOU
ok, now fishron drops 9-15 scales. And i guess i will change the flairon crafting to replace golem fist with 50 chains.

The fishron scales is a good idea, however, I don't think they should be used to craft the weapons.
Wings, of course, but maybe the scales could be used to craft more high-tier equipment. Such as armor or accessories. (Fishron boots?!)
Any way, fishron scales seem pretty creative!

Ignoring the fact I have a thread similar to this but have more stuff on TO, I don't support this.
Fishron and moon events are just a bonus in the current end of the game (Cenx liked a post on TO saying something like this, so I guess it's a fact) you're not supposed to get what you want in the current endgame, because it's not needed in the progress of the game.
Same to all the side content

Back
Top Bottom