A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats some fantactic both nice and great news.Even though am mobile terrerian,I dont hav any problems for it to take long keep up the work!!:merchantwink:

Good day, Terrarians and a Happy 2017 from Pipeworks!

It has been a few months since we announced our taking over the work on Terraria for Console and Mobile; including a full rebuilding of the Console/Mobile codebase. We are happy today to be able to give you an update on progress - and to showcase some of what is coming your way on the road to 1.3 for Xbox One & PS4!

The video above contains a few snippets from our latest build - contrasted with the identical content from the PC version of Terraria so that you can see our end goal of "one Terraria experience" coming to fruition. We hope you join us in our excitement when you see this small taste of what we are building for each of you; including a new "friend" who is dying to meet you.

Keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha build so you may notice some bugs appear, however we couldn’t hold off any longer releasing some footage!

So, what about timing? Glad you asked:

Console
  • Our work is progressing on-schedule, and we are really pleased with the progress thus far!
  • We are quite close to moving to Alpha and beginning the rigorous testing/QA process in partnership with our friends at Re-Logic.
  • Target Timing for release of Console 1.3 remains Q2 2017.

Mobile
  • Our plan is to utilize good portions of what we have built and learned with the console rebuild as we work to build a similar "One Terraria" experience on mobile devices.
  • Of course, there will still be a good bit of work needed on mobile-specific areas (UI, Controls, etc) beyond getting that core foundation solid.
  • Target Timing for release of Mobile 1.3 remains a few months after Console, so you can expect this in the second half of 2017; hopefully sooner rather than later!

The Pipeworks team is quite pleased with the progress the team has made thus far and continues to make every day. We are even more thrilled to give you a sneak peek at some content that will be arriving soon!
How can i play the alpha?

I'm really excited! I am always welcome to a UI overhaul when it comes to the Mobile Version, as I am predominately a Mobile Terrarian, but I am not exactly sure how the new controls are going to look and whether or not they are going to be drastically different from our current controls. I don't really relish the idea of having to grow accustomed to a completely new type of control scheme. (This does not include the GUI)
P.S. Totally looking forward to being able to hover properly with the hoverboard for the first time. :D

Last edited:
I'm really excited! I am always welcome to a UI overhaul when it comes to the Mobile Version, as I am predominately a Mobile Terrarian, but I am not exeacly sure how the new controls are going to look and whether or not they are going to be drastically different from our current controls. I don't really relish the idea of having to grow accustomed to a completely new type of control scheme. (This does not include the GUI)
P.S. Totally looking forward to being able to hover properly with the hoverboard for the first time. :D
I have Terraria Mobile too!I also can't wait for the new changes!
[doublepost=1484841654,1484841456][/doublepost]Anyone hungry for this?Beacuse I'm starving!:p
[doublepost=1484841951][/doublepost]I've heard of a Console reset...That just means it implements the New code inside the game right?Not eradicate my character/world?

I have Terraria Mobile too!I also can't wait for the new changes!
[doublepost=1484841654,1484841456][/doublepost]Anyone hungry for this?Beacuse I'm starving!:p
[doublepost=1484841951][/doublepost]I've heard of a Console reset...That just means it implements the New code inside the game right?Not eradicate my character/world?
Correct. Here is what 505 Games has said about the Console Reset:
Clarification on Reset
There has been significant confusion about the reset, so to clarify, the intentions of ReLogic and Pipeworks is to be able to seamlessly integrate old worlds and player files into the new codebase for Console Terraria. This is not expected to delete your old saves, its merely a rewrite of the game's code, so your progress should be safe!
And Alex, if you can use the Edit button next time to not triple post that would be great. :) Thanks.

My eyes might just be messing up on me, but I did not see any mention of the Wii U version. Can someone say if that will be getting update or not anytime soon? Thank you.

My eyes might just be messing up on me, but I did not see any mention of the Wii U version. Can someone say if that will be getting update or not anytime soon? Thank you.
Sorry but there was a huge announcement about That..WiiU and Old Gen will not be receiving any more updates.

Thank you very much for the update. I was wondering what was going on with that console 1.3 update. Really appreciate all your hard work and I cannot wait to get back into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom