tModLoader Solidified Potions

If I were to add infinite-use healing potions, how many potions should it take to craft?

• More!

Votes: 21 19.1%

Votes: 24 21.8%

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • Less!

Votes: 16 14.5%

• Total voters
Just wanted to report a bug I found. From what I can tell when you combine a solidified archery potion with anything else (including another archery potion) the archery potion loses all of its effect.

Just wanted to report a bug I found. From what I can tell when you combine a solidified archery potion with anything else (including another archery potion) the archery potion loses all of its effect.

I did a quick test but they combined fine for me. I won't be able to do a more complete test until tomorrow some time. Please give me any more details that you can. Was this in multiplayer? You've not had trouble with any other potions? Does this happen as soon as you combine them, the item loses the archery tooltip immediately?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. This was all done in single player. I just double checked with only solidified potions active and the same bug occurs. What happens is the tooltip still displays the stats being there, however they don't apply. I just unequipped everything and checked my bow damage. I then equipped a solidified archery potion and the damage went up. I then took the potion and combined it with another archery potion (the resulting potion was just those two), but after equipping that there was no change in damage at all. So far that is the only potion I have run into where that occurs. I checked with magic damage and wrath, and those worked fine.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. This was all done in single player. I just double checked with only solidified potions active and the same bug occurs. What happens is the tooltip still displays the stats being there, however they don't apply. I just unequipped everything and checked my bow damage. I then equipped a solidified archery potion and the damage went up. I then took the potion and combined it with another archery potion (the resulting potion was just those two), but after equipping that there was no change in damage at all. So far that is the only potion I have run into where that occurs. I checked with magic damage and wrath, and those worked fine.

So basically, you tried to stack the effects of two of the same potion, but it ended up removing the effect completely? If so, how odd. But for starters, you can't stack the effects of the same potion, as far as I know.

So basically, you tried to stack the effects of two of the same potion, but it ended up removing the effect completely? If so, how odd. But for starters, you can't stack the effects of the same potion, as far as I know.
Oh, you can definitely stack the same potion. What usually happens is you get around 1/4 of the original strength potion added on. For instance archery goes from 20% increase in damage up to 25%, or wrath from 10% to 12.5%. From what I have noticed you can keep doing this until the effect is at 2.5 its original value for most potions (sometimes this results in bonus effects too).

Okay, this isn't exactly a bug. As a complex potion the effect gets applied in a different way (because the buff is no longer there) and it won't show on the bow itself. The damage will be increased when you shoot though. I'll try to fix this. When I wrote that bit of code I knew a lot less about the API.

@Jassles
Okay, right now I'm limited to either 1) leaving the effect the way it is where it works but is not displayed or 2) making a slight nerf where the effect will just apply to the bow damage but not apply to the arrow damage.

Last edited:
@Jassles
Okay, right now I'm limited to either 1) leaving the effect the way it is where it works but is not displayed or 2) making a slight nerf where the effect will just apply to the bow damage but not apply to the arrow damage.
I know personally I would prefer to have the tooltip working and take the nerf, but that might just be me. Maybe you could bump up the damage by like 5% to compensate for the lost arrow damage?

I know personally I would prefer to have the tooltip working and take the nerf, but that might just be me. Maybe you could bump up the damage by like 5% to compensate for the lost arrow damage?

I personally wouldn't mind the #2 option either.

I personally wouldn't mind the #2 option either.

Alrighty. The change may not make it into the next release because I've got a lot to do for that already. And I'm still hunting for a way to deal with the ammo also but I'll definitely take your opinions into consideration.

Alrighty. The change may not make it into the next release because I've got a lot to do for that already. And I'm still hunting for a way to deal with the ammo also but I'll definitely take your opinions into consideration.

No worries in rushing, like you said the buff still applies, you just don't 'see' it apply to the item. I'd just personally prefer to see the buff's effect.

Is there a way to disable the limitation to "grand" potions on a dedicated server? I'm hosting it on a dedicated server so it wouldn't be possible to check the option as "host"

Last edited:
Is there a way to disable the limitation to "grand" potions on a dedicated server? I'm hosting it on a dedicated server so it wouldn't be possible to check the option as "host"

Yeah, that is a good question. I'll look for a good answer.

So, uh, @dtim. I found a pretty massive bug.

Any form of solidified "Tim's Fishing Potion" effect will cause you to ALWAYS catch multiply fish of the last type you caught if you either: 1) immediately pull the line as it touches the water or 2) press shift to swap to another item.

Edit: even if the line breaks, you catch something.

Edit #2: doesn't even need to be in the water. As long as the effect of catching more than one fish activates, just tossing out your line and reeling it in/pressing shift immediately catches you more fish of the last thing you caught (barring accessories and crates).

To say the least, it blew my mind when I found out. I have like 1k armored cavefish now cause it was funny.

Last edited:
The way that potion works is a little complicated but boy did I blow it. Actually pretty easy to fix. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom