What Gender's the Bosses?

I base a bosses gender around their title. If they don't have one, they're genderless. Queen Bee and Ice Queen are female, and King Slime and Duke Fishron are male. I also think Skeletron is male, as the Old Man/Clothier is male.

Robots have no gender.

The ice queen is wearing a dress, and clearly has breasts...
Breasts can be fabricated (a lot of women could tell you.. push-up, padded, extra cleavage, stuffing, etc.) and men can end up with them too (sometimes voluntarily, sometimes not). I guarantee you, though, that a guy with no breasts but the proper know-how could make his chest look identical to the ice queen's (not that those don't look.. a bit off).

As for the dress.. I don't follow. First, it looks like a tube-top and a skirt (maybe?) with some sort of shawl (unless it's part of the body), but I wouldn't call it a dress (I guess it could all be connected in the back). Second, I don't know why wearing a dress automatically qualifies someone as female. A man, for instance, dressing as some famous woman for halloween (Monroe of course, which certainly never gets old.. apparently) is not suddenly female until he changes his clothing.

I mostly meant if you called them "he" "she" or "it"

That doesn't actually address the question, though. Why is it perfectly logical for someone to designate EoC as "he/she/it", but you have to specifically address mech bosses as needing non-gender ignored for the thread? It just doesn't really make sense, especially considering that humans love to give inanimate/mechanical objects and sexually hermaphroditic and asexual creatures genders.

I think skelly prime is male, because of skeletron being male. The old man refers to him as "master".
Sexist

But seriously, a skull and arms have no gender.
Edit: As Baconfry said, you could extract DNA from it or something.
Breasts can be fabricated (a lot of women could tell you.. push-up, padded, extra cleavage, stuffing, etc.) and men can end up with them too (sometimes voluntarily, sometimes not). I guarantee you, though, that a guy with no breasts but the proper know-how could make his chest look identical to the ice queen's (not that those don't look.. a bit off).

As for the dress.. I don't follow. First, it looks like a tube-top and a skirt (maybe?) with some sort of shawl (unless it's part of the body), but I wouldn't call it a dress (I guess it could all be connected in the back). Second, I don't know why wearing a dress automatically qualifies someone as female. A man, for instance, dressing as some famous woman for halloween (Monroe of course, which certainly never gets old.. apparently) is not suddenly female until he changes his clothing
bruh
She's a girl
Clearly

Last edited:
heres how i see it

both of the twins: it
prime: it
plantera: he
EoW: it
BoC: it
destroyer: it
golem: it
fishron: he
EoC: it
skeletron: it
WoF: it
queen bee: she
ice queen: she
pumking: he
other moon event bosses: it
king slime: he

i see ''IT''
thats what many of them are

Hmm looking at it rationally, we can look at each boss and then try and add gender.
Remember that gender is a mental construct (opposed to sex which is biological) so all of these can be wrong as a biological male can identify as a female however looking at the bosses sexes

Retinazer:N/A-either nothing living to give gender or cybernetic Eldrich horror
Spazmatizm: N/A-either nothing living to give gender or cybernetic Eldrich horror
Skeletron Prime:N/A-nothing living to give gender
Plantera: both as it's a flower, which is the plants sex organ and plants generally have both parts (actually looking at the sprite I can only see stamen so it might very well be male unless its female parts are hidden...)
EOW: genderless/or female-due to its possible nature as the reproductive force of the Corruption a gender is possible (it only matters if its sexual or asexual reproduction...)
BOC: N/A-Eldrich horror argument invalid
Destroyer: N/A-nothing living to give gender
Golem: N/A-nothing living to give gender
Duke Fishron: male by name however nothing requires it to be male as in the real world many things are inappropriately named...
EoC: N/A-Eldrich horror argument invalid
Skeletron: indeterminable all that's left is bones and a vengeful spirit...
WOF: N/A-Eldrich horror argument invalid
King Slime: male/N/A by name it is male however it appears to be a slime which is clearly asexual and thus likely lacks a gender...
Queen Bee: female(noting that all bees excluding unfertilized drones are female yeah obvious)
Pumking: male/N/A
Mourning Wood: N/A-its an undead plant. this whole argument is pointless
Everscream:N/A it is a plant and plants lack genders
Santa-Nk1:-nothing living to give gender
Ice Queen: female/N/A-depends on how its animated ice isn't naturally alive so it would lack a gender

from this argument its should be apparent their isn't much biological basis for this regarding the bosses....

Skeletron's gender can be determined by the length of his/her fingers, On a male hand the pointer finger is longer than the ring finger. On a female the Ring finger is longer than the pointer finger.
Handmale_zps24be98b8.png

Results of the analyzation show that Skeletron is a male.

Robots have no gender.
I disagree,in my point the mechs are not 100% robots, because they all wield a soul, i'm more thinking that they are cyborgs, makes sense too, the twins have only a robot skin at the second form, and skeletron prime have still bone arms

i'm pretty suprised if an eye and a brain or a bunch of flesh can be a male or female,

Skeletron's gender can be determined by the length of his/her fingers, On a male hand the pointer finger is longer than the ring finger. On a female the Ring finger is longer than the pointer finger.
Handmale_zps24be98b8.png

My Terraria can't be this Scientific!!!

Most are it. Those with a gendered title are referred to as such by me. The Ice Queen is definitely female, because it's easier to curse ":red:" than "Son-of-a-:red:" every time she pops put with her girl buddies.

Handmale_zps24be98b8.png

*Checks hand*
*Sees longer ring finger*
*Gets confused*
*Checks inside pants*
*Finds :red:*

I'm quite sure your argument is invalid.

Did Trixie get it backwards?
1. Why are you talking in the third person?
2. Actually you did, males usually have longer ring fingers than their index fingers. But, this is not always the case. Gay males usually have their ring and index fingers at around the same length, and sometimes the finger length is completely irrelevant. (I'm a straight male with my ring and index fingers at equal lengths)

I'm pretty sure the length of fingers has to do with how much testosterone you have. The more testosterone you have, the longer your ring finger is. Males practically bathe in the stuff before birth, while females usually have very little. Testosterone can also influence attraction to women I think, so that's why gay males frequently have the fingers of a woman, since gay males usually get less testosterone in the womb.

...I really need to stop writing whole paragraphs just to answer people's questions.

Back
Top Bottom