T-Races

I think the Kobolds are getting a far lower throwing damage increase than stated in the OP. They're listed at +50% throwing damage, but when I compare the damage with/without the class charm, there's very little increase. For example, a Star Anise deals 14 damage without the charm, 16 with it. It seems a lot closer to 15-20% boost. The ranged damage boost is working perfectly fine however.

I think the Kobolds are getting a far lower throwing damage increase than stated in the OP. They're listed at +50% throwing damage, but when I compare the damage with/without the class charm, there's very little increase. For example, a Star Anise deals 14 damage without the charm, 16 with it. It seems a lot closer to 15-20% boost. The ranged damage boost is working perfectly fine however.

having just looked in my code the thrown damage buff is by 20% and i dont remember if the error is in the post and its meant to be 20% or its intended to be 50%

Jasolin

- Very fat human but is like a strong viking
- 3 blocks tall
+ 100hp
+ 10 defense
- 30% movement speed
+ melee hits are slowed by 50% but melee damage increase 40%

I would assume the Kobolds would have +50% throwing damage as well. Considering that throwing is basically not used at all, and you're already giving them +50% ranged damage, it seems pointless to give them such a small boost to throwing.

I've been trying this mod for a couple of days already and it is awesome. I've played with many races and they all feel unique and fun, except for some races like the Dwarves which would be much more fun with their height changed, but yet, they are still fun to play and I'm really enjoying what has been implemented in the mod already.

Playing with a friend we had a blast with the mod and I would really like to see it keep growing and improving, specially on the visual aspect of the mod, with the custom body parts and the height changes. I can't wait to build a mini-city for Dwarves, Gnomes, Kobolds and others, and try some kind of PvP between races, and to play as a giant Orc with it's tusks and ultra tank stats.

So, as a question, how is the progress in that aspect, and with the tall doors and the charm slot? And as a suggestion, I would like to see some more summoning options and diversity in the movement, like Orcs jumping a little higher as they are mainly melee, or some races to be able to accelerate, stop and turn faster, it would be quite interesting to see.

Anyway, thanks very much for the mod, I've been enjoying it very very much, and I hope everything goes well :)

I've been trying this mod for a couple of days already and it is awesome. I've played with many races and they all feel unique and fun, except for some races like the Dwarves which would be much more fun with their height changed, but yet, they are still fun to play and I'm really enjoying what has been implemented in the mod already.

Playing with a friend we had a blast with the mod and I would really like to see it keep growing and improving, specially on the visual aspect of the mod, with the custom body parts and the height changes. I can't wait to build a mini-city for Dwarves, Gnomes, Kobolds and others, and try some kind of PvP between races, and to play as a giant Orc with it's tusks and ultra tank stats.

So, as a question, how is the progress in that aspect, and with the tall doors and the charm slot? And as a suggestion, I would like to see some more summoning options and diversity in the movement, like Orcs jumping a little higher as they are mainly melee, or some races to be able to accelerate, stop and turn faster, it would be quite interesting to see.

Anyway, thanks very much for the mod, I've been enjoying it very very much, and I hope everything goes well :)

thank you so much for your feed back, im glad that your are enjoying the mod, progress is a little slow at the moment as there is alot of real life stuff happening but hopefully some of these features will be implemented soon.

I think this is fantastic.
Personally I would feel that it is not necessary to balance all the races. Some creatures are just... Better than Humans.

A thought of change two of the Genasi:
Air elemental would be to have them (slower or faster?) during storms, while also allowing them to be further persuaded by the force of nature to be shoved around, like a stronger version of the sandstorm's powerful wind.
Water Genasi taking ticking damage while in hell, being evaporated. While being slowed in snow biomes due to their bodies solidification in the colder climate. ((A comical idea. But in Multiplayer, if Water Genasi are showered with the water-gun (purchased from the traveling merchant) they would heal? Questionable for Water bolt being that it is hostile magic.))

An Additional race being Immortals (or Demi-gods if you'd prefer to give them the title)
They essentially harbor the looks of a human with minor differences being their eyes are a solid color. Optionally they could may animal heads like some of the more ancient demi-gods like the Egyptians.
stats being roughly
10% resistance to magic
**Glows in the dark** (the color of their eyes?)
Immune to Poison, & Stoned
summoning damage increased 10%
And as for debuffs, the only thing i could perhaps think of is Burns for Longer, with increased damage. Taking more damage from melee as beheading them would be their end.

That is all I've got to share! I enjoy this mod very much and hope to see it flourish! ((Really looking forward to being a 2block tall Kobold. :p ))

Last edited:
sounds awesome but can u use it after u have started a character and world

the mod doesnt change anything about the world, but you do need to have a blank charm on your character, this can be achieved either by starting a new character, or taking a blank charm from another character
[doublepost=1488429532,1488429449][/doublepost]
I think this is fantastic.
Personally I would feel that it is not necessary to balance all the races. Some creatures are just... Better than Humans.

A thought of change two of the Genasi:
Air elemental would be to have them (slower or faster?) during storms, while also allowing them to be further persuaded by the force of nature to be shoved around, like a stronger version of the sandstorm's powerful wind.
Water Genasi taking ticking damage while in hell, being evaporated. While being slowed in snow biomes due to their bodies solidification in the colder climate. ((A comical idea. But in Multiplayer, if Water Genasi are showered with the water-gun (purchased from the traveling merchant) they would heal? Questionable for Water bolt being that it is hostile magic.))

An Additional race being Immortals (or Demi-gods if you'd prefer to give them the title)
They essentially harbor the looks of a human with minor differences being their eyes are a solid color. Optionally they could may animal heads like some of the more ancient demi-gods like the Egyptians.
stats being roughly
10% resistance to magic
**Glows in the dark** (the color of their eyes?)
Immune to Poison, & Stoned
summoning damage increased 10%
And as for debuffs, the only thing i could perhaps think of is Burns for Longer, with increased damage. Taking more damage from melee as beheading them would be their end.

That is all I've got to share! I enjoy this mod very much and hope to see it flourish! ((Really looking forward to being a 2block tall Kobold. :p ))

all these ideas are pretty cool, and ill keep them in mind in future updates
[doublepost=1488429549][/doublepost]
I don't know if this has been recommended but should add an individual accessory slot just for the raced charms.

this is being worked on
[doublepost=1488429642][/doublepost]
screenshots plz :(

for the moment most of the mod is on the lower graphic side, i am working on a visual guide to suggested race designs, but its fairly low priority

Damn looks awesome! Some races feel a little op though like the orc and some a little underwhelming like the air Genasai but i will definatly checking for updates about this awesome mod.

Vampire bagel i am working on a currently private race mod i solved one of your problems
Code:
player.position.Y = player.position.Y + (float)player.height;
player.height = 42 - x;
player.position.Y = player.position.Y - (float)player.height;
that solves the vertical movement when changing height

i couldn't get past the fact it offsets your tools and weapons, and it not scaling your chars sprite. if you fix either of these can you tell me.

what about tiny?
one block high
70% more speed
50% more jump height
50 hp to start with
40% less damage
[doublepost=1491794263,1491794210][/doublepost]and i don't know how to download this mod. am i not seeing a way how?

Sounds awesome! Any planned release date?

Also a suggestion for a race:
Planterion, a plant like dog species that can walk like humans, has near superhuman strength, and is very hard to kill
4 blocks tall
+25 hp
+5 defense
+5% movement speed
+10 mana
Does 5% more magic damage
Can climb
Can't jump as high as humans. (They kinda look like the florians from starbound, but more teeth and more primative)

Charred Bones, A skeleton like species that appears to of been burnt whilst living.
3 blocks tall
-20 hp
-2 defense
-5% movement speed
-5% melee damage
+5% Magic Damage
takes 5% more damage
Immune to fire damage
Can walk in lava
Melee attacks inflict fire.(They looks like skeletons with like lava details and black bones)

Deermen, bipedal deer
4 blocks tall
+5 hp
-1 defenese
+10% movement speed
+5% melee damage
+5% magic damage
Takes 5% more damage

Last edited:
Can you buff water genasi ?
Imune to fall damage and after fall creates a litle knockbacking minitide from player?

And earth something like "natural"pickaxe item what can be upgradet by materials from bosses and at max it get max mining power?

What abou passive minions for alll races? Some item set vanity set armor
Drow - armor that negate that sun debuffs or maybe some potion

New race medusa or lamia - some snakehumanoids that aktive spell can be some variant of medusa head
Stun petrifi or dmg

And vampir , too debufs in sunlight some regen in fight or some lifesteal/essence-steal for ranged veapons
Minions nac use some bats with low range fight radius and as aktive spell he send some bats to enemy
Deal dmg
Steal life and if they kill that enemy they heal you more vhen they come back to you

Back
Top Bottom