tModLoader WeaponOut

Okay im gonna say right now that the onusoku and the raiden ar my new 2 favorite modded terraria items ever. Like ive tried tconfig and tapi and tmodloader and wxxo avalon but those two weapons in this mod are just way toooooooo cool to exist.

Alright, i just want to state i am fairly new to this place and i was wondering if i could modify one of the weapon files to make them a little stronger/less strong, is this ok or against certain guidlines?

It should be fine as long as you don't make it public for anyone to download.
Alright, wasnt planning on making it public but just making sure if i even could, would anyone know how to go about changing the code for it? i have very little C# experience.

@Mezma The code for everything is here, just download and unpack the zip to your "My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources" (for windows) folder and you can mess with code. I use the visual studio community 2015 IDE for developing in C# but anything like notepad++ is fine.

Also, if you have discord, there's a tmodLoader server where you can ask various modding related questions and generally get quick answers, link is somewhere in the main post.

@Mezma The code for everything is here, just download and unpack the zip to your "My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources" (for windows) folder and you can mess with code. I use the visual studio community 2015 IDE for developing in C# but anything like notepad++ is fine.

Also, if you have discord, there's a tmodLoader server where you can ask various modding related questions and generally get quick answers, link is somewhere in the main post.
Thank you very much, my good sir :)

That place can be so boring but also so much fun when your learning things from it :D

I have a small problem. I can equip any of the lunar emblems (ex: Heliosphere emblem) and it do nothing. One time at first it worked but then it stopped. Anyone have any ideas?

@TheGreyDestroyer They only work for a specific damage type, and only up to a certain amount of damage. Beyond that you'll have to give me some steps to recreate it to find out what's up.

@joshbaugh98 Really? It doesn't pierce at all, and its damage is lower than silver bullets for anything with more than like, 6 defence, even if all the shots hit the same target since they aren't full-powered.

Is it bad that I downloaded tmodloader just for this mod? The new content is fun as well.

There's a couple hilarious things about the explosion staff. Wearing enough armor to reduce spike damage to 1 with mana cuffs you can reach the maximum charge level and using the lunar emblem really messes with the mana cost.

I managed a friend of mine to get into magic weapons just for that xD

Lunar emblem mana cost is currently broken for some weapons, which is getting fixed in the next version along with new and improved fist weapons and whip balancing. I've got a list of known bugs on the discord chat too.

Download Here! (480.04 KB)

Heya again, I'll keep this short. It's mostly stabilty updates and also them new fist weapons I've been working on. Ok back to vidya gaems.

Changelog for WeaponOut 1.3 (github commits for posterity)
New Features:
  • Add support for Item Customizer mod
  • Add inventory menu button to show/hide weapons (no longer 1st accessory slot)
  • Add discordant shades (same as charm, but cooler)
    yUpoDnG.png

• Add voodoo arm that enables autoswing on most items, from zombie arm.
    63yiCbG.png

• Add proper fist weapons for prehardmode and revamped behaviour.
  • All Fists: Hold up when attacking for an uppercut, and down in the air to dive.
  • Combo Fists: Build up combos by not missing, and right click for special effects.
    LAPU0IX.png
    K90eFK0.png
    vidPeQ6.png
    ybbJFJ5.png
    DEFmkur.png

• Parry Fists: Right clickt to block attacks as they approach (NPCs and Projectiles). Successful parries grant a Parrying Moment buff to riposte against the foe.
    kZOxmEy.png
    Ya7cF8f.png
    1A6UVtd.png
    fC5M5lY.png
    XRHb9OH.png
    ADMMJ2u.png
  • Dash Fists: Right click to dash forwards. Different fists provide different lengths, speeds, and cooldown delays.
    JrFQLro.png
    HHW1K5R.png
    3oGco1k.png
    EJJugXz.png
Adjustments:
  • Buff banner team-only buff now applies in the same way as nebula buffs
  • Mirror badge nerfed (once every 1.5 seconds), but now works in PVP
  • Whips deal more damage and knockback in line with their appropriate tiers
  • Whip range no longer shorten with increased attack speed
  • Whips now show subtle crit areas
  • Emblem dust visuals can now be hidden
  • Raiden no longer hits only once with increased attack speed
  • Immaterial blade now has minor knockback
  • Probably some tooltip changes
Bug Fixes & Code:
  • Fix emblems not using the right config option
  • Fix emblem issues when weapon damage is 0 (coin gun)
  • Fix accretion emblem giving crazy mana costs from dividing by zero
  • Fix wormhole emblem showing buffed damage values for ammo
  • Fix raiden particles moving to player 1 in multiplayer
  • Fix onsoku multiplayer sound spam
  • Fix mirror badge reflecting town npc projectiles in multiplayer
  • Fix discordant equipment firing off hooks in the accessory slot
  • Fix whips not destroying vegetation
  • Basewhip supports ignoring tile collision (like solar eruption)

Since your adding passive inventory items like the voodoo arm, would it be possible to add some kind of item that disables the sniper scope zoom? As it can be really annoying when trying to use alt fire and the camera keeps jerking around.

I either am doing something wrong or something is broken or conflicting with something, but i am not seeing the button that makes weapons show and my character is not holding a weapon either.. i got the latest version of the mod from modloader and ever since then, can't see the weapons being held no more.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-03-08 21.56.52.png
    Screenshot 2017-03-08 21.56.52.png
    1 MB · Views: 433
I either am doing something wrong or something is broken or conflicting with something, but i am not seeing the button that makes weapons show and my character is not holding a weapon either.. i got the latest version of the mod from modloader and ever since then, can't see the weapons being held no more.
Out of curiosity, what's the settings in your "\Terraria\ModLoader\WeaponOut.json" file?
Otherwise, what mods are you running? I can't really help until I can recreate the problem unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom