tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I had a Perforator appear as just a head (after coming out of the Perforator hive) while testing out my Boss Rush arena. Probably an entity overflow error.
EDIT: This head was actually detached from the main body. Moving on it's own. Is this a feature?
no really, I just started trying the new perforator fight. On second thought, that's a cool idea for a fight.

Attachments

• 1894-213.png
    1894-213.png
    846.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Just started playing Calamity. This is my first time with Modded Terraria and I am having a blast! I am still pre-hardmode, having just defeated brain of Cthulhu to get access to aerialite. I do wish I could have mined this ore before beating brain though, since now some of the equipment it makes seems obsolete once you have access to crimsonite. Maybe I am wrong?

I am looking forward to more discovery!

Thanks for this mod!

i think earth might be a bit op JUST LOOK AT THE DPS

138DD4B565695A17D4B5ECD3CFFAFA81433361C3
Yeah, Developer Weapons tend to do things like that.
That's not even the best you can do, you can place a huge group of dummies, then place some around the group so the meteors will hit them too.

Hmm, after doing some testing, I think I do need to give some feedback about the balance with some of the higher tier items in this mod. A lot of them, are, well, just too overpowered for when you can get them. Take the Galactus Blade for example, technically obtainable sooner than the Star Wrath you can get from the Moon Lord, and a very similar weapon overall, but yet it does over 3 times the DPS. Without any armor, it can breach 4k dps on a single training dummy, while the Star Wrath does maybe 1.2k at most. That's pretty absurdly unbalanced.

Another example is Augur of the Elements, which is not only vastly superior to anything in vanilla or other mods like Thorium, but is also superior to everything else in your own mod, including Post-Yharon stuff. With no armor, it can easily deal 10k DPS, while Thorium's Almanac of Despair only does 2.5k at most. The Yharon magic item even does less DPS, albeit it can get fairly close.

And I'm sure there are others, I didn't really test too many comparisons, it's just something I've noticed, and something I really feel should be addressed somehow. Generally, you want to keep your items relatively in-line with vanilla progression, or else your items are just straight up superior and it starts to feel mandatory to use them and not something else. A lot of the late-game items in this mod either need to be toned down significantly, or perhaps a more preferable option would be to gate the strong ones behind some of your post-moonlord bosses, which one depending on their DPS. Or maybe a mix of both would be best, because even Post-Yharon stuff like the Augur does silly amounts of damage.

But yeah, this is something I wanted to get off my chest. The item balance is one of the only things I have to criticize about this mod. The mod as a whole is great, and I couldn't imagine myself playing without it at this point, but some of the balance with items, especially the higher tier ones, is pretty out of whack, I'd dare say. I don't think any mod's items should straight up overshadow other weapons available at any given tier, because if they do, it just destroys player choice. Is the current availability of some of these items just a placeholder?

Stuff like the Galactus Blade could comfortably sit post-devourer (even there it might still be a bit too good), and stuff like the Augur of the Elements would probably work well enough if you gated it behind Yharon. The Elemental Eruption does crazy enough DPS that it would probably fit better as post-yharon too. And I'm sure there are others, but the point is, I feel like you should go through them and spread them out in places where their DPS levels are more appropriate, assuming you'd feel like that's a better solution than nerfing them heavily.

Last edited:
PLEASE HELP ME!!! Yahron doesn't have a health bar at all, I even tried a OP mod that has weapons that do millions of damage, but nothing! Does anyone know how to fix this?

PLEASE HELP ME!!! Yahron doesn't have a health bar at all, I even tried a OP mod that has weapons that do millions of damage, but nothing! Does anyone know how to fix this?
If you fulfill any of the following: If your damage reduction is 100% or above Your health is above 2000 Your defense is over 300 You will NOT be able to hurt Yharon

How do you obtain Cosmilite bars? Working towards getting Galaxia but I can't find anything about them on either wiki. Also, is there a better source of information for this mod? Both of the wiki's seem pretty incomplete, with the Gamepedia one being barely navigable. Unless I just don't know how to use it.

How do you obtain Cosmilite bars? Working towards getting Galaxia but I can't find anything about them on either wiki. Also, is there a better source of information for this mod? Both of the wiki's seem pretty incomplete, with the Gamepedia one being barely navigable. Unless I just don't know how to use it.
Not so far, but we're working on it.

Cosmilite drops from the Devourer of Gods, and to summon him, you need to defeat his Sentinels in the Sky, Dungeon, and Hell with a rune dropped by Providence.

Well I'm an idiot, fought providence and kept getting so enraged that rarely my yoyo did damage to him and it was so random as I flew around the hallow sky, then I come back and read you can fight in the underworld and there I can always hit him! Didn't realize flying around the hallow sky often counted as leaving which made for extreme anger but now it's solved lol
[doublepost=1486695957,1486695704][/doublepost]With the Elysian aegis I tap down (s key) it does nothing, and neither does the down arrow. Am I doing this wrong?

Well I'm an idiot, fought providence and kept getting so enraged that rarely my yoyo did damage to him and it was so random as I flew around the hallow sky, then I come back and read you can fight in the underworld and there I can always hit him! Didn't realize flying around the hallow sky often counted as leaving which made for extreme anger but now it's solved lol
[doublepost=1486695957,1486695704][/doublepost]With the Elysian aegis I tap down (s key) it does nothing, and neither does the down arrow. Am I doing this wrong?
It works for me, don't know what could be going wrong in your game.
(The effect lowers your speed but increases your attack by like 10% and your defense by about 70. It also spawns pretty flame particles.)

BEHOLD! MORTAR ROUNDS! This new ammo type can be used in any weapon that shoots musket balls/bullets. They destroy tiles very efficiently:

Used in the beloved Shredder burst-shotgun.
View attachment 159249

A tunnel through the world I made in 10 seconds:
View attachment 159248
It's beautiful, absolutely impractical due to the whole leveling the entire map after a single boss fight. But that just makes me want to use them more.

Also no chance I'm gonna use them to dig tunnels pre hm because manually containing the new biomes is so much fuuuuun...

Back
Top Bottom