tModLoader The Thorium Mod

i just watched my friend tackle every boss in the (modded) game at once with only a wooden sword, and autoclicker, and one hell of a map... welp that sets the bar pretty darn high... he actually timed out the AIs' patterns so that as he was hoiked his character would survive on a thread and would just barely (like 1 pixel) miss attack volleys... i think he had gotten bored... it like his ironman no items or points DS run he did last year, scary

i just watched my friend tackle every boss in the (modded) game at once with only a wooden sword, and autoclicker, and one hell of a map... welp that sets the bar pretty darn high... he actually timed out the AIs' patterns so that as he was hoiked his character would survive on a thread and would just barely (like 1 pixel) miss attack volleys... i think he had gotten bored... it like his ironman no items or points DS run he did last year, scary
:red:.
That sounds incredible.
Impossible, but incredible.

Any chance you could get your friend to record that for video proof? If it's actually true, I don't think the DPS of a regular wooden sword is good enough no matter what and a map able to dodge something by a couple pixels sounds incredibly incredible and incredibly impossible.
Still liking the post because the mere thought of it is incredible, even if I think it's probably impossible.

boy howdy, that's some real exposure of game machanic knowledge right there...
Wow:joy:

I'd like to report a bug, in multiplayer thorium items are showing as other items to anyone who is not the host, those different items also do what they say they do. Example: Icy Shard shows as Twins Ire, it does what the weapon is supposed to do and doesn't act like the icy shard. Pls fix soon!

Hey @DivermanSam Would it be possible to make the false presence debuff go away after a certain amount of time when the player leaves the aquatic depths?

Outside the aquatic depths it does nothing more then hog up a buff slot, and it's easy to accidently pick up an abyssal shadow or two while in the aquatic depths, even if you aren't trying to summon abyssion.

ill ask him if he could, however the map he made uses so much memory that a recording software might just crash his pc... i will ask though, oh, and i mean a wooden short sword, not the better one

ill ask him if he could, however the map he made uses so much memory that a recording software might just crash his pc... i will ask though, oh, and i mean a wooden short sword, not the better one
Uh, that don't make sense, I don't think more stuff in a map will increase the amount of memory it needs, more mods would but not map, and if he's using to much memory to record it'll just crash Terraria with an "out of memory" error.
Also there ain't no wooden short sword, and if he used any shortsword then the story that's already impossible is now more impossible.

Not to mention if were talking ALL mod bosses we have to include the spirit of purity. Who forces you to fight it in a fairly small arena so there should be no issues with the whole world being filled with junk. And Ominicide who simply kills you in 4 minutes.

Hey @DivermanSam Would it be possible to make the false presence debuff go away after a certain amount of time when the player leaves the aquatic depths?

Outside the aquatic depths it does nothing more then hog up a buff slot, and it's easy to accidently pick up an abyssal shadow or two while in the aquatic depths, even if you aren't trying to summon abyssion.
I'll make it so you can cancel It. :happy:

I'll make it so you can cancel It. :happy:
Well make sure people can't cancel it in the aquatic depths at least, since there should at least be the chance of accidental abyssion summoning, I was just thinking giving the debuff some kind of timer while outside the biome was a better idea, but hey it's your mod. :p

Hey @DivermanSam , great mod btw, really enjoy it! But there seems to be a bug with the treasure bag for Abyssion. I fought him about 10 times and never got The Incubator, so I then spawned in 100 treasure bags and still never got The Incubator, it seeems unlikely I'm just getting unlucky

The wiki states the durasteel drill is sold by the blacksmith after defeating Wall of Flesh. However for me the smith sells all durasteel equipment except the drill. Was this changed but not written on the wiki or perhaps there is an issue I am experiencing?

Excuse me @DivermanSam , a while back I posted a bug report that I think got buried under the other comments.

I've found an odd bug with prefixes. For whatever reason upon loading a world, all ranged and magic weapons with prefixes that have a speed modifier lose the bonus of it after being used once. (melee and summoning weapons work fine)

The change isn't just visual. The item acts as if it has no bonus speed which results in it firing slower. Also for some reason once you reforge a weapon at the goblin tinkerer, it works fine and keeps the speed bonus until you reload the world and use it again. I made sure to test this with just Thorium enabled and updated to the latest version.

I apologize if you already saw this. But I wanted to make sure it got reported as its a pretty annoying bug.

Can someone please provide a download link to this mod? At the moment, there's no other way to obtain the Thorium Mod.

Last edited:
@DivermanSam I'd like to report a bug, in multiplayer thorium items are showing as other items to anyone who is not the host, those different items also do what they say they do. Example: Icy Shard shows as Twins Ire, it does what the weapon is supposed to do and doesn't act like the icy shard. Pls fix soon!

Back
Top Bottom