tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Is this mod the one that applies the piercing damage reduction to The Destroyer? Because that's stupid as hell. Why would you ever edit a vanilla boss to be harder, especially one that is already considered to be the hardest of the mechs?

I just had an all night fight end in a loss because of timeout. Whyyyyy.

Man, something being harder?! What a Calamity!

/sarcasm

Why was it made harder? Because it's a, well, mod. Mech bosses are a joke and need the buff, especially the Destroyer. If you don't like how it is in the end, you don't have to have Calamity enabled.

Edit: I'm also not 100% sure if it is even Calamity's doing. I do know that MountainDrew buffed Expert Mode Golem and is buffing Expert Mode Prime in the next update though.

Man, something being harder?! What a Calamity!

/sarcasm

Why was it made harder? Because it's a, well, mod. Mech bosses are a joke and need the buff, especially the Destroyer. If you don't like how it is in the end, you don't have to have Calamity enabled.

Edit: I'm also not 100% sure if it is even Calamity's doing. I do know that MountainDrew buffed Expert Mode Golem and is buffing Expert Mode Prime in the next update though.

Except this reasoning is immensely flawed and brings up a load of questions, such as why just this one boss and not all the others, why the boss most consider to be one of the hardest, and why the one that has more health than any single entity in the original game.

See, here's the problem; destroyer has all that health BECAUSE crowd control weapons are the way to go. When you take that away, you get a massive bullet sponge that now WAY overshadows the other mechs and now it's a slow, boring, grindy fight of chip damage. It turns everything on its head about the battle.

Look, I know Calamity's supposed to have hard content, and that's fine, but this sort of thing sucks. It's a mandatory boss battle, it's singlehandedly made otherwise useful items (for this fight) utterly worthless, and I have NO IDEA how a summoner is supposed to do this, given my minion was doing 1 damage because it counts as an infinite pierce projectile. This is an example of a boss buff done wrong. Pointing out again that I lost by timeout because I had to use non piercing weapons with no AoE, and without that, 120,000 health is just too much. I shouldn't have to deal with a vanilla boss suddenly becoming a massive damage check wall just because I want to enjoy some Calamity content.

Except this reasoning is immensely flawed and brings up a load of questions, such as why just this one boss and not all the others, why the boss most consider to be one of the hardest, and why the one that has more health than any single entity in the original game.

See, here's the problem; destroyer has all that health BECAUSE crowd control weapons are the way to go. When you take that away, you get a massive bullet sponge that now WAY overshadows the other mechs and now it's a slow, boring, grindy fight of chip damage. It turns everything on its head about the battle.

Look, I know Calamity's supposed to have hard content, and that's fine, but this sort of thing sucks. It's a mandatory boss battle, it's singlehandedly made otherwise useful items (for this fight) utterly worthless, and I have NO IDEA how a summoner is supposed to do this, given my minion was doing 1 damage because it counts as an infinite pierce projectile. This is an example of a boss buff done wrong. Pointing out again that I lost by timeout because I had to use non piercing weapons with no AoE, and without that, 120,000 health is just too much. I shouldn't have to deal with a vanilla boss suddenly becoming a massive damage check wall just because I want to enjoy some Calamity content.

Well if it makes you happy, I've told MountainDrew about your 'troubles' and he's changed it so the pierce resistence doesn't trigger with minion's projectile.

"troubles" in quotes, mocking the notion of a boss being hard, suggesting to just stop playing the mod as a solution.

You know, all that.

Alright, I get that, but I was not being patronizing. It's just how I type stuff. In the end, I told him about the issue you had and he thinks he's made a suitable change to help with reducing the issues with minions. All is well. Now let's just stop this useless squabble.

You realize I could just buff his defense while he's spinning right? And make him fire skulls during it?

It would be incredibly easy to do lol

Figured I'd state this here as I've been stressed out by all the arguments and general hostility in this community as of late:

I'm sick of this cycle of:
Step 1 - Having fun making things
Step 2 - People start suggesting things
Step 3 - People start arguing about said suggestions
Step 4 - Arguments intensify to ridiculous and stupid proportions
Step 5 - People leave
Step 6 - People get mad...and then I do...
Step 7 - I contemplate giving up on the mod
Step 8 - People come back and tell me it's alright
Step 9 - I calm down
Step 10 - Start over at Step 1

I know I can't stop it, but I'd rather not deal with it any longer. I have contemplated removing this mod from mediafire and never touching it ever again several times over the past year or so. And I, for one, am so sick of it. It has been making me feel mentally ill and generally demotivated and depressed over every single thing in my life. The depression factors continue to compound on themselves until eventually they break me and I consider giving up on this mod.

My primary point is that if this cycle continues I cannot be certain of the future of this project or my own mental stability. If this cycle escalates and happens several more times I WILL stop working on this mod indefinitely.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Sincerely, someone that just wants to have fun making content for others,
Andrew

PS:
Here is the current change log for 1.1.7.5 if you care:
Code:
- Balance/QoL stuff
1 - Added Calamity Biome boss, the Brimstone Elemental
2 - Added minion slot usage tool tip for Yharon's Kindle Staff
3 - Nerfed ray weapon damage
4 - Nerfed Galactus Blade damage slightly
5 - Nerfed Elemental Eruption damage slightly
6 - Nerfed Augur of the Elements damage
7 - Added head icon for the Perforator Hive
8 - Perforator Cyst no longer takes up any NPC spawn slots
9 - Devourer of Gods has much more HP in Normal Mode, slightly more HP in Expert Mode
10 - Devourer of Gods body does more damage
11 - Devourer of Gods head does more damage
12 - Siren Lure does more damage
13 - Siren Lure charges less
14 - Siren Lure switches phases more often
15 - Plaguebringer Goliath has more HP
16 - Plague Charges sprite changed and AI updated
17 - Plaguebringer enemy spawn sprites changed and AI updated (small and large have different AIs now)
18 - Siren Lure Parasea and Aquatic Aberration spawns have more HP
19 - Perforator Hive spawns Mini Perforators much less often to reduce NPC slots being taken up
20 - Siren Lure gets mad when you exit the ocean, she also becomes almost invisible when outside the ocean
21 - Nerfed Brimrose Staff
22 - Nerfed Destroyer resistance in Expert Mode and minion projectiles are no longer resisted
23 - Nerfed Leviathan contact damage
24 - Asgard's Valor now requires Abaddon to craft
- Added 21 new items (6 items left to program/sprite)
1 - Charred Idol for the Brimstone Elemental that can be crafted after 1 mech boss has been defeated
2 - Titan Scale Potions
3 - Cadence Potions
4 - Supreme Healing Potions
5 - Calamitas' Brew Potions
6 - Yharim's Stimulants
7 - Arctic Arrows
8 - Ark of the Cosmos
9 - Mortar Rounds
10 - Napalm Arrows
11 - Terra Arrows
12 - Superball Bullets
13 - IOU
14 - Adaddon
15 - Enhanced Nano Rounds
- Demon Trophy and Celestial Onion now buff the following bosses AI patterns slightly
1 - King Slime: Teleports nearly instantly if you are too far away
2 - Eye of Cthulhu: Charges FAR more often and is much faster
3 - Skeletron: Does his spinning head charge more often
4 - Wall of Flesh: Shoots lasers far more often, Hungry get a massive HP and damage boost
5 - Plantera: Shoots seeds and thorn balls like a gatling gun in phase 1, Shoots more spores in phase 2
6 - Queen Bee: Shoots her stingers more often and switches phases more quickly
- The following vanilla bosses get more powerful if the player is in Expert Mode
1 - Skeletron Prime: Prime Cannon shoots missiles when his Head is spinning, Head shoots Skeletron skulls which shoot more often the lower his health is
2 - Golem: Golem fists attack very quickly and are invulnerable (this is in the latest version already but I wanted to mention it again)

Figured I'd state this here as I've been stressed out by all the arguments and general hostility in this community as of late:

Step 5 - People leave
Step 9 - I calm down

I know I can't stop it, but I'd rather not deal with it any longer. I have contemplated removing this mod from mediafire and never touching it ever again several times over the past year or so. And I, for one, am so sick of it. It has been making me feel mentally ill and generally demotivated and depressed over every single thing in my life. The depression factors continue to compound on themselves until eventually they break me and I consider giving up on this mod.

My primary point is that if this cycle continues I cannot be certain of the future of this project or my own mental stability. If this cycle escalates and happens several more times I WILL stop working on this mod indefinitely.

Andrew
That's sad to hear, but i respect your choice. Take a break if you have to, it's your mod, after all. I understand how it feels. You could try not accepting any suggestions for a while or just ignore the ridiculous arguments. I hope things will be alright soon.

also, i know this isn't the best time ask this, but is the Mana Overloader working as intended? It decreases your health regen by 5 when you have 50% or more mana. I noticed that when you are moving you actually have negative health regen and you actually slowly lose health instead of regenerating it.

Plaguebringer Goliath downed on my Ninja, getting close to the end of my playthrough.

20170211051602_1.jpg

Also this skellybro nearly died trying to get a front row seat to watch me fight the plaguebringer, he died shortly after this screenie was taken.

20170211051636_1.jpg

Just want to say that this is a great mod, and I am currently using it in three of my playthroughs. An idea for the whole Destroyer argument is that you could create another item like the Demon Trophy, but it would only buff the Mech Bosses. Maybe something like Suspicious Looking Circuit? That's just my two cents.

Just want to say that this is a great mod, and I am currently using it in three of my playthroughs. An idea for the whole Destroyer argument is that you could create another item like the Demon Trophy, but it would only buff the Mech Bosses. Maybe something like Suspicious Looking Circuit? That's just my two cents.

I...kinda don't see a point in that. Drew used both the Celestial Onion and the Demon Trophy as to increase the difficulty of the vanilla bosses, to the point where they are Calamity Mod standard. It'd be kinda pointless to include something that only buffs three bosses because not everyone's that interested in fighting them. Even if this item were included, they would have to make other items to buff other bosses, which can take a lot of time. And even then, there's no point if it only buffs three bosses. The Demon Trophy and the Celestial Onion have one thing in common: they both drop off of final bosses. Demon Trophy drops from the Wall of Flesh, the prehardmode final boss, and the Celestial Onion drops off of the Moon Lord, the vanilla final boss. They're rewards asking you if you want the vanilla bosses to Calamity standard, and keep in mind that Calamity has the toughest bosses in any known mod. Where is a mechanical boss buffing item going to fit with?

Maybe it would be better to include all this original Terraria bosses improvements into Demon trophy's and Celestial onion's effects and remain built-in bosses as is?

Step 5 - People leave
Step 9 - I calm down

Andrew

PS:
Here is the current change log for 1.1.7.5 if you care:
Code:
- Balance/QoL stuff
1 - Added Calamity Biome boss, the Brimstone Elemental
2 - Added minion slot usage tool tip for Yharon's Kindle Staff
3 - Nerfed ray weapon damage
4 - Nerfed Galactus Blade damage slightly
5 - Nerfed Elemental Eruption damage slightly
6 - Nerfed Augur of the Elements damage
7 - Added head icon for the Perforator Hive
8 - Perforator Cyst no longer takes up any NPC spawn slots
9 - Devourer of Gods has much more HP in Normal Mode, slightly more HP in Expert Mode
10 - Devourer of Gods body does more damage
11 - Devourer of Gods head does more damage
12 - Siren Lure does more damage
13 - Siren Lure charges less
14 - Siren Lure switches phases more often
15 - Plaguebringer Goliath has more HP
16 - Plague Charges sprite changed and AI updated
17 - Plaguebringer enemy spawn sprites changed and AI updated (small and large have different AIs now)
18 - Siren Lure Parasea and Aquatic Aberration spawns have more HP
19 - Perforator Hive spawns Mini Perforators much less often to reduce NPC slots being taken up
20 - Siren Lure gets mad when you exit the ocean, she also becomes almost invisible when outside the ocean
21 - Nerfed Brimrose Staff
22 - Nerfed Destroyer resistance in Expert Mode and minion projectiles are no longer resisted
23 - Nerfed Leviathan contact damage
24 - Asgard's Valor now requires Abaddon to craft
- Added 21 new items (6 items left to program/sprite)
1 - Charred Idol for the Brimstone Elemental that can be crafted after 1 mech boss has been defeated
2 - Titan Scale Potions
3 - Cadence Potions
4 - Supreme Healing Potions
5 - Calamitas' Brew Potions
6 - Yharim's Stimulants
7 - Arctic Arrows
8 - Ark of the Cosmos
9 - Mortar Rounds
10 - Napalm Arrows
11 - Terra Arrows
12 - Superball Bullets
13 - IOU
14 - Adaddon
15 - Enhanced Nano Rounds
- Demon Trophy and Celestial Onion now buff the following bosses AI patterns slightly
1 - King Slime: Teleports nearly instantly if you are too far away
2 - Eye of Cthulhu: Charges FAR more often and is much faster
3 - Skeletron: Does his spinning head charge more often
4 - Wall of Flesh: Shoots lasers far more often, Hungry get a massive HP and damage boost
5 - Plantera: Shoots seeds and thorn balls like a gatling gun in phase 1, Shoots more spores in phase 2
6 - Queen Bee: Shoots her stingers more often and switches phases more quickly
- The following vanilla bosses get more powerful if the player is in Expert Mode
1 - Skeletron Prime: Prime Cannon shoots missiles when his Head is spinning, Head shoots Skeletron skulls which shoot more often the lower his health is
2 - Golem: Golem fists attack very quickly and are invulnerable (this is in the latest version already but I wanted to mention it again)

If it can make you feel better, I understand how it has to be for you.
too often people forget what's really important in threads of this kind: having fun together in peace.
I'm on your side in this story, for what it can help you; so yeha, have a great day indeed, pal

"Why?"
"Why did you do it"
"You really thought you could do it"
"You could have stayed away"
"But no..."
"You HAD to"
"NOW DIE"
"Come brothers!"
"Cataclysm, you shall feast!"
"Now come earn your spot human..."
"Earn your spot..."
"IN HELL"