Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Everyone whenever I load or create a world, the game crashes even though I am only dealing with small worlds and I'm only using seven mods.
Thorium Mod
Calamity Mod
Spirit Mod
Zoaklen Mod
Fargo's Mutant Mod
MoreAccessories+
Wingslot Mod

Hi, I'm trying to add my own mod for the first time, so I've had to go trough the excruciatingly nonsensical process of getting things to work as a newbie.
I think I'm almost there, I'm just stuck on one thing. I'm using a mac, so I've created a Windows.dll and a Mono.dll, however, how do I get the "Mac" Terraria.exe and the TerrariaWindows.exe to use as references?

I'm getting this message:

Missing dll files for auricblade

Must have either All.dll or both of Windows.dll and Mono.dll
All.dll must not have any references to Microsoft.Xna.Framework or FNA
Windows.dll must reference the windows Terraria.exe and Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
Mono.dll must reference a non-windows Terraria.exe and FNA.dll

I've got the FNA.dll and the Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll, I'm just trying to get these two last exe's to work. If I even have them.
I'm using the Terraria.exe's that I got from the Mac & Windows tModLoader.zip files.
Is it right to use those? I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.

Is there a mod that allows modded items to be placed on item frames and armor stands? It doesn't work for me. Whenever I put modded items on item frames or mannequins, the item texture glitches and the item is destroyed. I've seen youtubers such as gameraiders and happydays place modded items on frames and mannequins

Hello, I didnt find answer for that issue so I need your help now ehh, everytime i try to launch my mod i get this error code:

Failed to load C:\Users\Marek\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\YourModName\build.txt
System.FormatException: Vstupní řetězec nemá správný formát.
v System.Version.VersionResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String argument)
v System.Version.TryParseComponent(String component, String componentName, VersionResult& result, Int32& parsedComponent)
v System.Version.TryParseVersion(String version, VersionResult& result)
v System.Version.Parse(String input)
v System.Version..ctor(String version)
v Terraria.ModLoader.BuildProperties.ReadBuildFile(String modDir)
v Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.ReadProperties(String modFolder, IBuildStatus status)

Thank you.

Hello, I didnt find answer for that issue so I need your help now ehh, everytime i try to launch my mod i get this error code:

Failed to load C:\Users\Marek\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\YourModName\build.txt
System.FormatException: Vstupní řetězec nemá správný formát.
v System.Version.VersionResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String argument)
v System.Version.TryParseComponent(String component, String componentName, VersionResult& result, Int32& parsedComponent)
v System.Version.TryParseVersion(String version, VersionResult& result)
v System.Version.Parse(String input)
v System.Version..ctor(String version)
v Terraria.ModLoader.BuildProperties.ReadBuildFile(String modDir)
v Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.ReadProperties(String modFolder, IBuildStatus status)

Thank you.
Do you have a file in your mod root folder called build.txt? If not, create a file called build with file-extension .txt
You can check the ExampleMod for the content you can fill that file with.

Do you have a file in your mod root folder called build.txt? If not, create a file called build with file-extension .txt
You can check the ExampleMod for the content you can fill that file with.

Yep, I have..

author = Your Name
version = v0.1
displayName = YourModName
hideCode = true
hideResources = true
includeSource = true

Could you change version = v0.1 to version = 0.1

Well, now I have this error

c:\Users\Marek\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\YourModName\MOD.cs(8,11) : error CS0234: V oboru názvů MOD neexistuje název typu nebo oboru názvů Items (pravděpodobně jste neuvedli odkaz na sestavení).

Really sorry for this czech language.. ._.

Well, now I have this error

c:\Users\Marek\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\YourModName\MOD.cs(8,11) : error CS0234: V oboru názvů MOD neexistuje název typu nebo oboru názvů Items (pravděpodobně jste neuvedli odkaz na sestavení).

Really sorry for this czech language.. ._.
Could you show the code inside the MOD.cs file?

Could you show the code inside the MOD.cs file?
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.Graphics.Effects;
using Terraria.Graphics.Shaders;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using MOD.Items;

namespace MOD
{
public class MOD : Mod
{
public MOD()
{
Properties = new ModProperties()
{
Autoload = true,
AutoloadGores = true,
AutoloadSounds = true
};
}
}
}

using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.Graphics.Effects;
using Terraria.Graphics.Shaders;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using MOD.Items;

namespace MOD
{
public class MOD : Mod
{
public MOD()
{
Properties = new ModProperties()
{
Autoload = true,
AutoloadGores = true,
AutoloadSounds = true
};
}
}
}
Could you remove the following using statement: using MOD.Items;

Could you remove the following using statement: using MOD.Items;

Items/ItemName
v Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
v Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
v Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
v Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

??

So excited for the newest tmodloader and being able to play spirit mod on a mac
I think that issue has been resolved already.
Items/ItemName
v Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
v Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
v Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
v Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

??
This means tModLoader cannot find the texture for your the item in your ItemName.cs folder. Double check your namespace and filenames.

Well, It works, but it works only if item name is ItemName.png and ItemName.cs - so I cant have more items ? Or what? Because different names werent working :/

Well, It works, but it works only if item name is ItemName.png and ItemName.cs - so I cant have more items ? Or what? Because different names werent working :/
You can have multiple items ofc :p
It's not only about the filesnames. The namespace of the class and the name of the class itself also play a role.
Say I've got the following:
Code:
namespace MyMod.Items
{
    public class MyItem : ModItem
    { 

}
}
Then tModLoader will look for the texture file using `namespace/className` so `MyMod/Items/MyItem.png'. If the classname is `MyOtherItem` it'll look for `MyMod/Items/MyOtherItem.png` etc.

Terraria crashes with an error each time it comes into a mod that is outdated.. any help?
[doublepost=1487016894,1487016771][/doublepost]
You can have multiple items ofc :p
It's not only about the filesnames. The namespace of the class and the name of the class itself also play a role.
Say I've got the following:
Code:
namespace MyMod.Items
{
    public class MyItem : ModItem
    {

}
}
Then tModLoader will look for the texture file using `namespace/className` so `MyMod/Items/MyItem.png'. If the classname is `MyOtherItem` it'll look for `MyMod/Items/MyOtherItem.png` etc.

i see someone online, you know to help?

Attachments

• wwhy.PNG
    wwhy.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 182
  • wwhy.PNG
    wwhy.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 159
Terraria crashes with an error each time it comes into a mod that is outdated.. any help?
[doublepost=1487016894,1487016771][/doublepost]

i see someone online, you know to help?
If you can't load Terraria because a mod is being loaded which crashes the game, you'll want to manually delete the mod.
If you're on windows, head over to My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods and delete the .tmod file which is causing the problems (in your case Hero's mod).

Is there a mod that allows modded items to be placed on item frames and armor stands? It doesn't work for me. Whenever I put modded items on item frames or mannequins, the item texture glitches and the item is destroyed. I've seen youtubers such as gameraiders and happydays place modded items on frames and mannequins

This. I've googled it, searched specific forums using keywords like Rack and whatnot, can't find anything concrete.

Back
Top Bottom