IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

Ruby sighed when Acies granted Uhlsrar some kind of permission that he really already had. "Don't you think they seem to honest to gamble?"

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"Perhaps, but it's best to find out about certain...moral conflicts now rather than when we are in the thick of it," Acies said with small lilt.

Despite being a pompous brat this Ruby character may be useful to have around, at least he has a good head on his shoulders and isn't squeamish. Acies thought.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"You have a point there. Well?" Ruby looked expectantly at Uhlsrar and Jacqueline. He also realized that sometimes silence and niceness also could mean they were someone to watch out for, it never hurt to know. That is unless the knowledge in question is eldritch secrets, of course, they were usually quite bad for your sanity. But that was not the topic at hand.

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

"Honestly I think gambling is a bad plan, yet I have no better plan. So I guess we go with it," Uhlsrar said to Acies when asked if he had anything to ask. He was getting rather peeved with how Acies saw herself as superior but kept it to himself as to avoid conflict.

"Now I have nothing against gambling, but personally I would stay away from partaking in such things." The drow told Ruby. "Although, if it is the best plan we got I see no reason not to."

N01zEee.png

~Jacqueline~

"I'll be honest." Jacqueline stated, crossing her arms.

"I expected something far more insidious. If you're so willing to gamble away your possessions, be my guest. I even have a spare deck of cards for you to use... Hold on..."

Jacqueline pulls out her deck of cards and holds them out to Acies.

"However, before we go throwing our family heirlooms out the window, let's at least check in with the fellow and see how much he wants for it, shall we? After all, we're headed there anyways to gamble. Depending how much he values it, it might be wiser to simply buy it off of him. If we're fortunate, he might even be willing to trade us it in exchange for a favor."

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Acies looked at the deck of cards and smirked. "I believe our dearest Ruby was the one that wanted to play, I am merely providing collateral." Acies twirled a lock of hair around her index finger, "If you would rather us do something insidious and very simple I can coerce the man if you give me a few moments alone with him," Acies smiled wryly.

"You are right though, it would be best to speak to him first; it also gives me a chance to sort some affairs in the market." With that Acies left her position on the wall and headed towards the door, following the directions Akim gave her to the arms dealer and clothier. "Akim dear, be a lamb and try to track down the next rod. We'll be back in a jiffy," she called behind her as she left.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"All right, I think you two are overly worried, remember that we even have a backup plan." Though perhaps a favor wouldn't be so bad to do, friends were much more useful than enemies. "Maybe we'll even go with Acies' plan, let's make a decision when the time comes." Ruby followed Acies out of the palace.

.....Through the palace and its garden courtyards, the party would find themselves back in the sandy dusty streets of Fortune, as the black sands blew through the cobblestone streets of the district in the city where many of the nobles had their manors and palaces. They would know that the market bazaar was to the east, which was where they would more likely find merchants.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
As Acies walked along the black sand streets she thought back to her time when she first arrived on this horrid island. She remembered sitting on a beach with black sand just like this. I wonder what ever happened to that crazy lady on that beach that was muttering about doom. She thought.

Acies followed the road east towards the market, her first stop being the arms merchant Akim gave her directions to.

.....The party arrived at the arms dealer's location; a big building with fine dark wooden paneling along the exterior and a thick door to match. Up the two steps and into the building, they enter a finely crafted shop, wide and open, with various locked cases along the walls and in rows at the back of the room, presumably containing weaponry for sale. The floor was made of plates of polished stone, and the walls a matching stone, all a clean dull grey-white that complimented the dark brown paneling in the corners and seams of the room very well. A glass display in the center showcased various steel and wooden weapons, as well as bows and crossbows of varying type and design.

.....A shopkeeper, an elven female matching the description Akim gave the party, greeted them. "Hello," she said cheerfully while carefully eyeing the party and their visible worn equipment. "travelers, huh? Well you've come to the right place."

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
A darthirii, as if this day couldn't get more revolting. Acies' brow momentarily wrinkled in disgust as a strong desire to commit an armed robbery struck her. Well, it didn't work out so well last time and these fools following me would probably interfere.

"I need crossbow bolts, preferably something a bit more potent than the standard if you catch my meaning. Naza'arim said you were skilled at your craft."

Nasket eldalie l'essnil. Acies thought with disgust.

.....Deep within the tropical depths of the Tethyan Jungles lies an ancient and, until recently, forgotten temple. Overgrown and crumbled, this temple now lies mostly underground. Priests of the temple of Nephthys in Aldavir recently had a vision while scrying of this ancient temple, and have brought fourth a quest for a group of adventurers to go and brave its ancient depths, and uncover what mysteries that may lay there. The temple's primary goal, to uncover a gold mirror that they saw there in their vision for their temple: a holy relic of Nephthys.

.....Funding a caravan to travel across the desert and jungle, they hire five adventurers to brave the journey and eventually the temple itself where they would be able to uncover the ancient secrets that lie within.

.....You are now in the industrial and business-oriented city of Aldavir, readying yourself for your journey, and acquainting yourselves with the other members of your caravan in the city square at the heart of Aldavir.

Last edited:
ZjxAKdo.png
((Using this image until I finish my new design))
Zack had spent the time after the armour heist laying low, as being associated with a fire elemental that tried to set the fire to the city (indirectly injuring a few archers at the same time, which, while not necessarily his fault, did get pinned on him) wouldn't be doing him any favours. He mostly lingered around the Red Bench, waiting for action of any description he could go and meddle in.

When the two men entered in quick succession, Zack merely nodded at them in acknowledgement. He had no reason to assume anyone that came in today would be an ally, so he merely kept to himself, flicking about his butterfly knife with such disregard that it was almost as if he was hoping to get cut, just to have something substantial to be annoyed about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom