tModLoader Legend of Terraria 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!
-Complete HP Up rework - All hearts no longer function as permanent increase. All hearts are now changed to accessories.
Could you explain this a bit further? Considering Life Crystals are what give a permanent HP increase (as well as Life Fruit later on), I assume when you say "hearts" you're mainly referring to those. From what I've tried so far, Life Crystals are still functioning as an HP increase since installing this update -- which is perfectly fine with me if this is by design.

Adding new heart-themed accessories that increase HP is great as an additional option, but to change such a fundamental gameplay staple to Terraria like disabling primary functionality of Heart Crystals probably won't be something players are very happy about. Unless of course, you make it a separate mod like Lucky Finish. But if this *is* working as intended and Life Crystals still give their permanent increase, then disregard my concerns, and I humbly thank you for releasing this update!

Can't wait to delve-in further -- the other improvements and mod collaborations sound wonderful.

late edit: I can concur with the others pointing this out below this post -- I received numerous "SoundLoader" errors. Everything appeared to run fine, but these error messages are persistent.

Last edited:
As far as I know, since I haven't progressed that far yet, the hearts referred to are late/end-game ones that increase your health even further.

Decided to edit this post, but:
Um, not sure if it's this mod or something else, but I keep seeing the error pop up in the chat 'type == SoundLoader.CustomSoundType 0' or some other number instead of zero. I saw it crop up with the sexy succubus laugh from the enemies from this mod, though the sounds still played normally from what I can tell. Is anyone else getting that?

Yes, I got that as well:

20170219214223_1.jpg

Last edited:
Um, not sure if it's this mod or something else, but I keep seeing the error pop up in the chat 'type == SoundLoader.CustomSoundType 0' or some other number instead of zero. I saw it crop up with the sexy succubus laugh from the enemies from this mod, though the sounds still played normally from what I can tell. Is anyone else getting that?

UPDATE!

-updated to tModLoader 0.9.1
-Complete HP Up rework - All hearts no longer function as permanent increase. All hearts are now changed to accessories.
Heart of Infinity is disabled. It is recomended to create new player if you have increased max hp using this mod.
-Added x items: Cold Shard, Life Iris, Rotting Piece, Bloody Chunk, Crystal Piece, Dark Token, Orb of Night, Firebrand,
Icebrand, Thunderbrand, Agni's Flame, Indra's Light, Rahab's Frost, 3 Blueprints (Dark Armor, Rocksteel Armor,
Sage Robes), 6 Ore Chunks (3 vanilla, 2 Thorium Mod, 1 GRealm), Miners Trove, Omnirs Presence, Edlin Shard,
Trove of Legends, Thorium Trove, Joyeuse
-Added x NPCs: Plum Beetle, Frost Beetle, Sand Beetle, Corrupt Beetle, Blood Beetle, Saint Beetle, Bone Beetle, Fire Beetle,
Venom Sludge, Thunder Demon, Frost Demon, Ore Node, Mech Golem
-[GRealm] Added 2 new NPCs: Acid Sludge and Pollen Sludge
-[GRealm] All Zombies now drop Undying Flesh
-[GRealm] Skeleton Barbarian now drops Barbiric Splinters
-increased droprate of cores from amduscias
-changed the sprite of Dead Skull
-Skeleton Barbarian now spawns after Golem has been defeated
-Dark Armor, Rocksteel Armor and Sage Robes are now craftable
-Flame Demon now drops Agni's Flame
-Lilim, Lilith and Stone Golem now drop Blueprints instead of armor set pieces
-Lilim, Lilith and Succubus no longer drop mana potions
-reduced Dark Armors set bonus from +25% to 15% magic and minion damage
-removed all specific Ore Nodes
-removed Barbiric Armor
I'll love your mod :D

Could you explain this a bit further? Considering Life Crystals are what give a permanent HP increase (as well as Life Fruit later on), I assume when you say "hearts" you're mainly referring to those. From what I've tried so far, Life Crystals are still functioning as an HP increase since installing this update -- which is perfectly fine with me if this is by design.

Adding new heart-themed accessories that increase HP is great as an additional option, but to change such a fundamental gameplay staple to Terraria like disabling primary functionality of Heart Crystals probably won't be something players are very happy about. Unless of course, you make it a separate mod like Lucky Finish. But if this *is* working as intended and Life Crystals still give their permanent increase, then disregard my concerns, and I humbly thank you for releasing this update!

To be clear, i will never change any vanilla mechanic. I was reffering to my items only. I hope that is clear. And yes, everything is as intended.

late edit: I can concur with the others pointing this out below this post -- I received numerous "SoundLoader" errors. Everything appeared to run fine, but these error messages are persistent.

This is not an error. This is most probably what was left accidentaly in tml itself, a debug text. I can't do anything about it sadly.

Yay it's back! This mod is so much fun. The mountain of creatures it added really spices up the world rather than 100 identical green slimes. Thank you for updating it and all your work on it!

@Sapharan Thanks for the clarification -- that makes perfect sense.

As far as the soundLoader messages, you say it's from debug text getting left in by accident -- but you cannot remove it or stop it from displaying in the chat window? I've never seen this occur with any other mods that add numerous enemies, but I'm sure another talented programmer can help you with this.

@Sapharan Thanks for the clarification -- that makes perfect sense.

As far as the soundLoader messages, you say it's from debug text getting left in by accident -- but you cannot remove it or stop it from displaying in the chat window? I've never seen this occur with any other mods that add numerous enemies, but I'm sure another talented programmer can help you with this.
some very new versions of gabehaswon have the same issues

The reason that this does not happen in most of the mods is because most custom sounds are loaded via set defaults. Some of my sounds are called in not standard places, as in not defined as kill sound, hit sound or use sound. I call them via code, in AI or so. Debug text is, from what i heard, something left out in tml itself, and that means, i cannot do anything about it. The one only thing we can do about it is to wait, until tModloader devs remove the debug text calling when mod calls sounds via PlaySound().

To be honest, i have to say, i know another mod with the same bug, W1K's mod Lite, with the slugger zombies. They have a special sound that plays when they hit you with a baseball, and it does trigger the same message, however it also does not play the sound... Anyhow, that's for this person:
Thanks for the clarification -- that makes perfect sense.

The reason that this does not happen in most of the mods is because most custom sounds are loaded via set defaults. Some of my sounds are called in not standard places, as in not defined as kill sound, hit sound or use sound. I call them via code, in AI or so. Debug text is, from what i heard, something left out in tml itself, and that means, i cannot do anything about it. The one only thing we can do about it is to wait, until tModloader devs remove the debug text calling when mod calls sounds via PlaySound().
Ah... that makes a lot more sense now as to why it doesn't impact other mods I use. Thanks again for the explanation. I'm assuming the tMod team is aware of this problem -- regardless, since I haven't seen this addressed anywhere else I made a post in the tMod thread.

To be honest, i have to say, i know another mod with the same bug, W1K's mod Lite, with the slugger zombies. They have a special sound that plays when they hit you with a baseball, and it does trigger the same message, however it also does not play the sound... Anyhow, that's for this person:
Like I said, I've never seen this before in any mods I use. Turns out the problem is pretty common.

Nice avatar btw. We still play Tomodachi Life sometimes -- great creative little game. Now they just need to make another one with more complexity.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble getting this mod to load.
I was wondering if you can help me make sense of this error message.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in c:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 29
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetupNPC(NPC npc)
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Single scaleOverride)
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaultsKeepPlayerInteraction(Int32 Type)
at Terraria.NPC.CloneDefaults(Int32 Type)
at LegendOfTerraria3.NPCs.PHM.Rare.Dan.SetDefaults() in c:\Users\Saph\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\LegendOfTerraria3\NPCs\PHM\Rare\Dan.cs:line 15
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I'm also not really sure who Kenneth or Saph are, but it's displaying that as the message.

Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble getting this mod to load.
I was wondering if you can help me make sense of this error message.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in c:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 29
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetupNPC(NPC npc)
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Single scaleOverride)
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaultsKeepPlayerInteraction(Int32 Type)
at Terraria.NPC.CloneDefaults(Int32 Type)
at LegendOfTerraria3.NPCs.PHM.Rare.Dan.SetDefaults() in c:\Users\Saph\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\LegendOfTerraria3\NPCs\PHM\Rare\Dan.cs:line 15
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I'm also not really sure who Kenneth or Saph are, but it's displaying that as the message.
remove prefixes for enemies

Well, that's annoying to not be able to play this mod with Prefixes for Enemies running.
What exactly causes that conflict?!?

Is there anyway to fix it?

In the tMod thread, Jopojelly has responded about the 'SoundLoader' messages, saying the problem has been fixed.

Well, that's annoying to not be able to play this mod with Prefixes for Enemies running.
What exactly causes that conflict?!?

Is there anyway to fix it?
There is no way to run that mod without it causing numerous problems during a playthrough sooner or later. Prefixes in its current state is outdated, now causing all sorts of problems like the Old One's Army event having unplayable bugs in vanilla, various mod conflicts, and crashes.

The only way to fix it is for the creator of that mod to properly update it.

OH. OKay. Sorry. I thought it was updated. boy, Mabi's in for a surprise when he tries to fight the goblin invasion since it seems to be never ending.
I'm really surprised Tmodloader let me keep running it, despite it being outdated.
I'll be sure to remove it.

I'm terribly sorry about this. I liked that mod, but I will indeed wait until it fixes itself.

Hey, have any of you heard of a mod conflcit that makes monsters not drop any money. Literally, all monsters don't drop money.
I have no clue if Prefixes is causing problems even after disabled, or if I should just delete every mod in my mod list, and start adding them back again.
Delete them from the hard drive, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom