Does it look good enough for Terraria?

• Yep!

Votes: 70 95.9%
  • No...

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
Just a fun little thing I came up with. This item drops from Duke Fishron with a 5% chance, and summons a rideable wave mount.

Now, how the hell would that work?

At rest:

magicsurfboardrest.png

While moving:

magicsurfboard.png

And speed is greatly increased when moving through water (automatically grants Water Walking). It can jump, too; sprites for that won't differ by too much (all that needs to be done is to remove the flat bottom).
In addition, it gets the Hoverboard's ability to travel through the air horizontally, but lacks flight time and slow fall. When riding it over lava or honey, the liquids are treated as if they came in contact with water. This can be used for a fast hellbridge.

So I just wanted to suggest this as a sort of novelty (and to say "Hey, I can sprite"). How is it looking? Any feedback would be good.

Last edited:
Maybe jumping would change the height of the wave. And the wave could push enemies or maybe even hurt them.

One change. Recolor it to look like the other Duke Fishron items. Other than that, I love it!

Last edited:
@Lt. Chapwisely has the right idea. This doesn't seem to useful for me if it wouldn't also hurt enemies. By the time you get this you don't really have to worry about building hellbridges or water puddles in general, because you might just have Lava Waders, Gills Potions, Water Walking Potions or Obsidian Skin Potions.
Having this as a more combat oriented type of "wings" by, when in water, sending these waves, and when in the air, sending water downwards which hurts enemies and also converts honey and lava into Obsidian and Honey Blocks, seems more useful to me:
h3adEKL.png
(hello i can sprite too)

Of course, since we already have Fishron wings dropping from fishron, these'd be weaker in terms of flight power. Maybe Jetpack of Leaf/Ghost/Frost/Fire Wings tier?

Last edited:
While @Emral seems to want this to be some sort of damaging kind of wings, I just see this as a fun end-game item that just kinda exists for fun, like the Unicorn On A Stick.
I need dis! :3

(The Unicorn On A Stick isn't end-game and neither does it have any effect other than visual diference, but it still works as a comparison item)

A surfboard? And with the water walking effect you can actually surf? And as of 1.3 you'll be able to attack at the same time? I APPROVE!

Back
Top Bottom