tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hello, the mod is pretty fun and I've been playing it for a while but I've realised that my Aquatic Depths is bugged. It doesn't spawn for me and leave enormous gaps in the ocean instead. I've tried on three different worlds but the same happens, absolutely no trace of a biome. The mod works perfectly otherwise and it is the only major mod I have (others are QoL like imkSushi). Please help

Hello, the mod is pretty fun and I've been playing it for a while but I've realised that my Aquatic Depths is bugged. It doesn't spawn for me and leave enormous gaps in the ocean instead. I've tried on three different worlds but the same happens, absolutely no trace of a biome. The mod works perfectly otherwise and it is the only major mod I have (others are QoL like imkSushi). Please help
Are you using cloud saves?

Just a random thought... reverse Dungeon = ancient Mountain stronghold? Using the spawn rules for Dungeon (biome monsters can only spawn on a Dungeon tile in front of a natural Dungeon wall, and only if you're in front of a natural Dungeon wall, but, if you are, all other biome spawns are withheld), you could create a mountain stronghold biome that reaches the sky without fear of Wyverns... as long as you're IN the stronghold.

Of course, you could always then add Wyrms that behave similarly. :)

Where should I be going for support? Already tried Discord, seems like it's unmonitored today.

Here's the issue - Aquatic Depths is spawning with nothing but water (no structures). Screenshot I've already uninstalled Terraria/tModLoader/All Mods completely fresh. I have double-checked the Steam cloud is not enabled (I haven't used it in a decade or more). I am using Family Sharing with Steam on the same computer to run the game (it uses the same directories for everything).

I have tried world creation with standard Large size (instead of using TerraCustom), and get the same results. I won't play on Sm/Med worlds, so that option is out. It seemed like it was working a few days ago when I was still installing mods, so it may be an incompatibility, but I wouldn't know how to start tracking that down.

Here's a mod list:
Fargo's Mutant Mod
All The Walls
Base Mod (Grox)
Fishing 2.0
SacredTools
Wing Slot
Wormholes
Expeditions Base
Expeditions Content Pack
Thorium Mod
Large World Enabler
Wireless
Second Hotbar
Spirit Mod
Auto Trash
Crystilium
Bouncy Coins
Experience And Classes
Boss Checklist
Cosmetic Variety & Legends
Calamity Mod
The Luggage
Tremor Mod
Helpful Hotkeys
Even More Modifiers
Bluemagic's Mod
Cheat Sheet
GRealm
Multi Lure Accessories
Terra's Wing Compilation
W1K's Mod Redux

Other than uninstalling Thorium, I don't know how to fix the biome issue. From what I can see all the other mods in use are working properly. Everything is up to date.

Edit: Tested with small worlds, structures seemed to generate fine in that biome. Even medium worlds had some structure to them. Large are either completely devoid of biome structure, or just have a few scattered blocks here and there. That tells me it isn't my Steam config, but rather the biome generation itself that is the culprit, or something interfering with it.

Updating with further images to compare Large, Medium, and Small world Aquatic Depths biomes. Something about generation is definitely broken.

Last edited:
There's still a sort of gap for summoners getting into Hardmode, it kind of feels like Kinetic Knife and maybe Adamantite Staff should deal Summoning damage. That, or, in theme with Forbidden/Frost armors, multi-classed armor (melee/range, magic/summon, other combos could generate interesting themes) should start sooner in hardmode and be more prevalent. It feels to me, though, as if you're trying to give Summoning it's own style (Strange Skull, Honey Blade, Distress Caller, Enchanted Barrier, etc), so it feels a little odd to be so low on Summoning options right out of the Hardmode gate. The only immediate option, so far, seems to be C-Zom's Sac Dagger.

Edit: Also, if I summon a pet while using the buff from, say, Morale Banner, does the effect persist on the pet after the buff fades?

Last edited:
There's still a sort of gap for summoners getting into Hardmode, it kind of feels like Kinetic Knife and maybe Adamantite Staff should deal Summoning damage. That, or, in theme with Forbidden/Frost armors, multi-classed armor (melee/range, magic/summon, other combos could generate interesting themes) should start sooner in hardmode and be more prevalent. It feels to me, though, as if you're trying to give Summoning it's own style (Strange Skull, Honey Blade, Distress Caller, Enchanted Barrier, etc), so it feels a little odd to be so low on Summoning options right out of the Hardmode gate. The only immediate option, so far, seems to be C-Zom's Sac Dagger.

Edit: Also, if I summon a pet while using the buff from, say, Morale Banner, does the effect persist on the pet after the buff fades?
Well Feral Fur is also easy to get at that tier now, and of course the new Standstorm armor from vanilla as well. Actual summons of prior-mechs are a bit questionable admittedly. Idunno, I run woth so much stuff it's hard to tell anymore.

Well Feral Fur is also easy to get at that tier now, and of course the new Standstorm armor from vanilla as well. Actual summons of prior-mechs are a bit questionable admittedly. Idunno, I run woth so much stuff it's hard to tell anymore.
Yeah heh I just hit HM, looked around, the NPCs immediately sell so much stuff for melee, ranged, throwing, even a couple magic bits. Summoners get... C-Zom's Stabbity Dagger.
Spring open some crates, naturally vanilla has six different flavors of melee, range and magic gear. Pop some Strange Crates and... Feral-Fur armor. Which splits a dubious difference between melee and summoner.

On the upside, though... Honey Blade and Distress Caller are actually pretty nice with summoning bonuses!

For some reason the Grave Limb banner acts as a Happy Home Token (grants housing space to a NPC without the need for a table/chair/light).
Also it can't be placed on half blocks.

I just had another cool healer-themed idea! a hallowed boss themed around healer items. and the expert item would be an accessory that increases healing by 25%, damage by 25% and gives you a healing aura

You got clouds saves on? You don't want cloud saves on... Messes up the whole save and generation process.

No. I indicated I had them off (and have had them off for as long as I can remember).

I've spent the last ~36 hours or so testing Thorium, and it's biome generation is the only one messing up from what I can tell. Any world larger than Medium, and it fails.

Edit: Just tried a Large world gen with only one mod active (Thorium), and it built the biome correctly. That tells me it is incompatible with at least one of the mods I listed above.

Last edited:
Okay, I think I've found the culprit in biome generation when generating any world larger than Medium.

Disabling all mods except Thorium fixes the issue. Re-enabling all *except* "Large World Enabler" also fixes the issue - the biome generates correctly there.

Since Large World Enabler is one of JopoJelly's mods, and is meant to be used with TerraCustom, you might want to look into this bug and see if you can fix it permanently.

A screenshot of a large world gen with Thorium's biome, with all of the mods I listed active (exept Large World Enabler): Screenshot

Okay, I think I've found the culprit in biome generation when generating any world larger than Medium.

Disabling all mods except Thorium fixes the issue. Re-enabling all *except* "Large World Enabler" also fixes the issue - the biome generates correctly there.

Since Large World Enabler is one of JopoJelly's mods, and is meant to be used with TerraCustom, you might want to look into this bug and see if you can fix it permanently.

A screenshot of a large world gen with Thorium's biome, with all of the mods I listed active (exept Large World Enabler): Screenshot
Anything that has to do with TerraCustom is subject to bugs right now. While most mods work fine with it, some cause various problems during world gen (Calamity and Wormholes are two I've had problems with). JopoJelly is aware of this, as Terracustom still isn't updated for the latest version of tMod. Hopefully it gets updated soon.

Back
Top Bottom