Hot Topic Post your Terraria hours!

How many hours do you have in Terraria?

• Total voters
Nice man! That's quite an achievement!
I still need the painting Sparky... Once I get that I would finally be able to say I have acquired every painting and with one exception(cold snap the Christmas only traveling merchant painting featuring the Ice queen) I will have acquired every painting on my own.
As for other collections
I do also need to beat the moon lord on expert. Every time I have tried I have failed I need a different arena design of some type or something(That and I have pushed it off) I'm fairly sure I could win with Melee but I want to win with Ranger...

Other than that I need a few NPC drops(i.e. the Tavern Keepers ale thrower I only recently learned exists), some old man's army drops(all from Betsy or the Tavern Keep) some very rare banners:Groom, Tim, Dr. Bones, Undead miner, Rune Wizard,Nymph, Sea Snail, Goblin Summoner, Corrupt Penguin(I do have enough captured penguins to get this however)
The last one like the painting will likely take a very long time. Some of those enemies are just too rare.(And the Devourer banner is still Glitched to not display the kill count unless the only segment to take damage was the head the kills still count however so it just means it is super hard to know the kill count...(i.e. you can't use any piercing weapons and have to aim dead onto the head I can only do this with a sniper rifle even then it is very rarely)

Considering you have a similar playtime what is your collection tally?

I still need the painting Sparky... Once I get that I would finally be able to say I have acquired every painting and with one exception(cold snap the Christmas only traveling merchant painting featuring the Ice queen) I will have acquired every painting on my own.
As for other collections
I do also need to beat the moon lord on expert. Every time I have tried I have failed I need a different arena design of some type or something(That and I have pushed it off) I'm fairly sure I could win with Melee but I want to win with Ranger...

Other than that I need a few NPC drops(i.e. the Tavern Keepers ale thrower I only recently learned exists), some old man's army drops(all from Betsy or the Tavern Keep) some very rare banners:Groom, Tim, Dr. Bones, Undead miner, Rune Wizard,Nymph, Sea Snail, Goblin Summoner, Corrupt Penguin(I do have enough captured penguins to get this however)
The last one like the painting will likely take a very long time. Some of those enemies are just too rare.(And the Devourer banner is still Glitched to not display the kill count unless the only segment to take damage was the head the kills still count however so it just means it is super hard to know the kill count...(i.e. you can't use any piercing weapons and have to aim dead onto the head I can only do this with a sniper rifle even then it is very rarely)

Considering you have a similar playtime what is your collection tally?
I have collected many items, but I haven't really bothered with the rare paintings yet, still haven't found impact, creation of the guide, waldo, and sparky (Currently unobtainable.) I talked to the developers, and they may buff the spawn rates of those paintings in the future. I have beaten ML on expert once, but I'm about to go into another expert mode playthrough! I've obtained the nymph banner, the sea snail banner, undead miner banner, corrupt penguin banner (very easy to obtain, just throw vile powder on penguins spawned from a penguin statue. I haven't had troubles obtaining any worm type banners, but that's just me. I've mainly focused on my PHM character, where I have over 200 platinum, thousands of gems, over 12 stacks of heart crystals, and just sheer numbers of items, I just like collecting reagents and whatnot, I haven't really focused on rare items in a while, but my next expert mode playthrough will return me to those roots.

I have collected many items, but I haven't really bothered with the rare paintings yet, still haven't found impact, creation of the guide, waldo, and sparky (Currently unobtainable.) I talked to the developers, and they may buff the spawn rates of those paintings in the future. I have beaten ML on expert once, but I'm about to go into another expert mode playthrough! I've obtained the nymph banner, the sea snail banner, undead miner banner, corrupt penguin banner (very easy to obtain, just throw vile powder on penguins spawned from a penguin statue. I haven't had troubles obtaining any worm type banners, but that's just me. I've mainly focused on my PHM character, where I have over 200 platinum, thousands of gems, over 12 stacks of heart crystals, and just sheer numbers of items, I just like collecting reagents and whatnot, I haven't really focused on rare items in a while, but my next expert mode playthrough will return me to those roots.
Nice I know the feeling regarding just playing though I rarely keep a character prehardmode wings are just so useful... XD I really do hope they make those paintings more common I made a suggestion about that back in 1.2... It was a long haul mainly due to having to kill so many Skeletron's and generating world after world... (Sparky being unobtainable would certainly fit the circumstances around the lack of its appearance though. I hope that gets resolved.)
I honestly have the tendency to literally just collect everything I have 200+ plat on my Expert Ranger and 1000+ plat on my main character(a full stack and a partial).

Nice I know the feeling regarding just playing though I rarely keep a character prehardmode wings are just so useful... XD I really do hope they make those paintings more common I made a suggestion about that back in 1.2... It was a long haul mainly due to having to kill so many Skeletron's and generating world after world... (Sparky being unobtainable would certainly fit the circumstances around the lack of its appearance though. I hope that gets resolved.)
I honestly have the tendency to literally just collect everything I have 200+ plat on my Expert Ranger and 1000+ plat on my main character(a full stack and a partial).
Nice man! That's quite a hefty amount of money for a main character! I do have another 1.3 character with 400 platinum, just through selling critters from statues (RIP as of 1.3.1). I get around fine in PHM, I use the bundle of balloons, bat hook, and flying carpet, along with frostspark boots and lava waders to get around easily! I really do hope that they buff the spawn rates of the rare dungeon paintings. Its really inconsequential, but really essential for collectors, such as you and I! Cheers man, good luck to finding Sparky (when they fix its un-obtainability).

I have just under 1000 hours on Steam, but probably at least 200-300 on console.
It was 1.2 on console when I started, but I don't know what it was on PC at the time. I got the PC version during 1.3.0.

I have collected many items, but I haven't really bothered with the rare paintings yet, still haven't found impact, creation of the guide, waldo, and sparky (Currently unobtainable.) I talked to the developers, and they may buff the spawn rates of those paintings in the future.

Well I'm glad I saw this before I went back to my Sparky hunt, was just about to make hundreds of worlds on my quest for it since I already have all the other paintings, guess I'll work on something else...T_T only 600 hours played (PC) but currently working on a Nonenchanted Collector run (where you get every item in the game both drops and crafts but they can't have an enchant; reforging doesn't remove them either so it's a bit of fun getting each thing....except Developer Wings, those ones are pretty stressful lol) I'm not much of a builder yet, mostly just farm everything and kill bosses but I'm planning a massive stream of buildings to go along with each furniture/block type at the end of my collection run to keep it all exciting. I think the nicest thing about Terraria is that you can set a goal for an item or multiple items and just go farming for a few hours and actually get what you were after, gives you a real sense of accomplishment without feeling like you wasted your time if you don't get exactly what you were after because usually you'll get something else you would have wanted anyway. ^_^

Well I'm glad I saw this before I went back to my Sparky hunt, was just about to make hundreds of worlds on my quest for it since I already have all the other paintings, guess I'll work on something else...T_T only 600 hours played (PC) but currently working on a Nonenchanted Collector run (where you get every item in the game both drops and crafts but they can't have an enchant; reforging doesn't remove them either so it's a bit of fun getting each thing....except Developer Wings, those ones are pretty stressful lol) I'm not much of a builder yet, mostly just farm everything and kill bosses but I'm planning a massive stream of buildings to go along with each furniture/block type at the end of my collection run to keep it all exciting. I think the nicest thing about Terraria is that you can set a goal for an item or multiple items and just go farming for a few hours and actually get what you were after, gives you a real sense of accomplishment without feeling like you wasted your time if you don't get exactly what you were after because usually you'll get something else you would have wanted anyway. ^_^
That is quite an interesting idea! A non reforge challenge! I may try that out, but what I usually go for is 2 to 4 copies (or even more) of every item in the game, modifiers are pretty random anyways!

That is quite an interesting idea! A non reforge challenge! I may try that out, but what I usually go for is 2 to 4 copies (or even more) of every item in the game, modifiers are pretty random anyways!
Personally I go for every ideal modifier on weapons(Ones with two or three top options naturally require each prefix) While accessories are reforged to Warding (as well as Menacing/Lucky for Combat) reforging for that is the main expenditure lol...

Personally I go for every ideal modifier on weapons(Ones with two or three top options naturally require each prefix) While accessories are reforged to Warding (as well as Menacing/Lucky for Combat) reforging for that is the main expenditure lol...
That's usually what I go for, going for every modifier on every reforgeable item would take ages to be honest.

You mean you have 8272 hours total for all of your steam games? That's pretty sweet!
Roughly 1/2 the time comparing to the amount of time I've wasted at school. So yes the amount I've gained also comparing to school I have gained more from gaming experience than school. 15,120 hours for 10 1/2 years of school with 8 hour days with a minimum of 180 days required of school education. 8:00-15:00 =7hr +- time to prepare and transportation. With time alone with my current school schedule it can easily be 33% more efficient saving in 10 1/2 years, 4989.6 hours, about 57% of your time in one year which could of been spent otherwise.

Yes, I had 420 hours past 2 weeks 2 days ago, because Valve doesn't know how to correctly manage their program either, which lets Steam record the amount of hours I have total with all launched games at once, and I could easily have 1,000 hours past 2 weeks with having 165 of my games launched on Steam for 6.06 hours.
At least 40% of my Steam recorded hours aren't accurate because I generally have launched games regardless for watching films, etc. I would personally say 95% of my time for Terraria is actual gaming because of how the game was made.

@Galaxinator Interesting comparison man! It's a shame how little one can take away from school, most of it is utter bullocks when it comes to applying your school skills to a real-life situation. I have a lot of my 4200+ hours based on AFK farming, weird how steam keeps track of EVERY instance in which the game is open.

I don't wanna say. I will say in my defense that I leave games running sometimes and get to them a day later, but the truth of the matter is, I'm just a gaming machine. If it weren't for my love of Apocalyptic novels, fanficion, manga, anime, Walking dead, and my dance and spin classes, I wouldn't leave. :/. I've got 6 years on steam, and Terraria is over 7,000 hours. I know. it's bad. My little yorkie has been pulling me away to play, but I will leave the game running, so it will add to the hours. I have two handhelds that I play, too. Sometimes at the gym, lol. I love my consoles, I'll admit, but every time I'll end up either playing the app on my PC or buying the game that is PC available on my system. I'm looking forward to the switch, and since I'm such a big fan of old school Final Fantasy and Zelda 2 (Link.) I'm really hoping that I'll like the Zelda game we have coming along with it.

Another fun fact: the average life expectancy of an American is about 79 years. This means that if you've been playing for over 11.534 hours, your character is probably dead.

Back
Top Bottom