OOC The Island - OOC

If you have a Character who have not been to D&D before. What level they should start with or something? I'm pretty much new.

I was also under the impression that everyone followed Acies to the store, which is the largest reason I'm not doing a hate crime to that elf.

What do you want it to contain? It would be something Ruby cared about enough to bring on an adventure.

Edit: I also kind of assumed they followed her, but are they just being ghosts? I'll continue without people, but I don't want them to feel skipped.

What do you want it to contain? It would be something Ruby cared about enough to bring on an adventure.
He'd bring a geographical/archaeological book that contains a map of the island with locations for cities, ruins, temples and other locations of interest and brief information on the locations.
Edit: I also kind of assumed they followed her, but are they just being ghosts? I'll continue without people, but I don't want them to feel skipped.
If being a ghost means that they let Acies handle her own business without interfering unless something sparks their interest (a magic item, for example) or their attention is required (such as being spoken to directly, or someone in the group is attacked), then yes, Ruby is being a ghost.

Sorry that there was no replies tonight, guys. Something critical came up at work and I ended up being there for over 16 hours. I'm gonna go to bed now, because I need to go back soon. I'll try to get in replies tomorrow morning, though. My goal is to usually rely at least once per day, if not more.

Hey Char, I was looking at the pantheon, and what happened to the half-giant god Kaz and The Six fought? I thought he was the God of Hunting, killing anything as prey that walked into his area of the frozen north.

I assimilated a lot of that stuff from the gods that I copypasta'd originally back into them. Just look for a similar title and it's essentially the same thing.

NfGG31e.png
Roy Drake
Seeing as everyone is introducing themselves, Roy quickly thought about what he had to say, taking a sip of water to lengthen his thinking time, and after Sam had finished introducing himself, Roy said, "I'm Roy. I have a good amount of combat experience, but I haven't fought in much wars. It's more of a heck ton of practice. I specialize," he tilts his head towards Azaka, "In dual wield fighting, like you Azaka. However, I'm sorry, but if you guys are going to have a stealth mission, I'm screwed."
Azaka specializes in using two handed weapons, not dual wielding :)

@Charmander27 I was referring to the documents that Rescap supposedly has. Unless I misunderstood that part.
Sounds good. That works.

Does the Island have any magic tattooists?
I remember reading about these in complete psionics, but I never, ever, plan on including psionics again, unless it's just a wizard/sorcerer that doesn't use material/verbal/somatic components and casts spells solely with their mind. The "two magics" thing is awful, imo.

As far as tattoos go, the concept in general doesn't interest me personally, so I probably wouldn't include them as often as other DMs would, who have an interest in tattoos irl and actually think about that sort of thing.

If you're talking about somebody who could give someone magic tattoos, you'd have to find a very powerful archmage who has interest/hobby with that sort of thing. I'm not inherently against that sort of thing, but it would be hard to find one. I'm imagining that you want a "scroll" that's on your body for anytime use?

Buying a magic items is not something that will be a small or commonplace occurrence. It will be a high-value black market trade, a major city-wide auction, or a desperate plea from a desperate person who has such a relic and would be willing to trade it for service. For example, you really won't find a "magic item shop" anywhere on The Island. Things like potions and low-levels scrolls are probably available, and some merchants may (knowingly or unknowingly) have a single magic item or two, but generally it won't be something you find advertised for sale.

Back
Top Bottom