Mobile Fishing glitch

BlueBeoWulf

The Destroyer
Playing Terraria, and I was fishing for a while, when I logged off of one world onto another, then back to the other world, many of my items, (Bass I had caught, my Tsunami bow, some gel, other items as well) had underneath the name "(#)% fishing power" and would be consumed when I would fish. This was extremely annoying, as one could possibly lose some very rare/hard to obtain items because of this glitch.

Playing Terraria, and I was fishing for a while, when I logged off of one world onto another, then back to the other world, many of my items, (Bass I had caught, my Tsunami bow, some gel, other items as well) had underneath the name "(#)% fishing power" and would be consumed when I would fish. This was extremely annoying, as one could possibly lose some very rare/hard to obtain items because of this glitch.
This one is an annoying bug @BlueBeoWulf, I agree. I'll tell you how to recreate it so that you can avoid it in the future.

This is a generic reproduction, it can also happen with other bait/fishing poles/tools/weapons/critters:
  • In your inventory, swap your bait with your pickaxe
  • Save and exit
  • Open the same character (doesn't matter what world you go into). You'll notice that your pickaxe now displays a "bait power"
  • In your inventory, swap the bait and pickaxe back
  • Save and exit
  • Open the same character (world doesn't matter)
  • At this point with some tools or weapons, if you try to use it (swing it) the tool/weapon will be consumed, disappear, and the bait will fall on the ground. Not all combinations consume the tools/weapon.

How to get the "bait power" or "fishing power" OFF of an item that shouldn't have it:
  • Move the item to an empty space in your inventory
  • Save and exit
  • When you open that character again, it should be fine.

A fun one to try:
  • In your inventory, swap a critter with a stack of blocks
  • Save and exit
  • Open the character
  • Swap the critter and blocks back
  • Save and exit
  • Open the character
  • Try to use the blocks in the air and you'll get critters falling
  • image.jpeg Click to enlarge

To avoid these glitches, don't swap anything with bait, fishing poles, or critters. Move your weapons and tools to empty spots in your inventory.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of the time on console when my Spectre Hamaxe rapidly spawned worms as I swung it. Except, I don't recall ever changing its position in my inventory at the time. Maybe I forgot?

Oh yeah, that reminds me of the time on console when my Spectre Hamaxe rapidly spawned worms as I swung it. Except, I don't recall ever changing its position in my inventory at the time. Maybe I forgot?
Worms for days, heh. This bug is present on the console version too, yes. Maybe you just forgot that you swapped it out? Things like bait and fishing poles tend to get moved to different spots in the hotbar without even realizing it, so perhaps.

This one is an annoying bug @BlueBeoWulf, I agree. I'll tell you how to recreate it so that you can avoid it in the future.

This is a generic reproduction, it can also happen with other bait/fishing poles/tools/weapons/critters:
  • In your inventory, swap your bait with your pickaxe
  • Save and exit
  • Open the same character (doesn't matter what world you go into). You'll notice that your pickaxe now displays a "bait power"
  • In your inventory, swap the bait and pickaxe back
  • Save and exit
  • Open the same character (world doesn't matter)
  • At this point with some tools or weapons, if you try to use it (swing it) the tool/weapon will be consumed, disappear, and the bait will fall on the ground. Not all combinations consume the tools/weapon.

How to get the "bait power" or "fishing power" OFF of an item that shouldn't have it:
  • Move the item to an empty space in your inventory
  • Save and exit
  • When you open that character again, it should be fine.

A fun one to try:
  • In your inventory, swap a critter with a stack of blocks
  • Save and exit
  • Open the character
  • Swap the critter and blocks back
  • Save and exit
  • Open the character
  • Try to use the blocks in the air and you'll get critters falling
  • View attachment 161522 Click to enlarge

To avoid these glitches, don't swap anything with bait, fishing poles, or critters. Move your weapons and tools to empty spots in your inventory.
This also works on truffle worms!

Back
Top Bottom