Weapons & Equip Hermes Wings?

Iamdarkbowser

Terrarian
I came up with a (actually 2) new accessory for the game. So, the Greek god Hermes has his boots, that have wings on them, and he has his helm(et), which also has wings on them. I am thinking that both of those should be combined into "Hermes Wings", and of course Hermes Helm(et) would have to be made as well. For the helm(et) I think it should give extra jump boost and when wore with Hermes Boots they would have the effect ofHermes Wings. Hermes Wings would provide flight like any other wings but it would also provide the sprinting effect of Hermes Boots. That leaves the question: How would one get Hermes Helm(et)? Well I think it should be sold by the traveling merchant for 2 platinum (because Hermes is the god of travelers) after defeating all three mechanical bosses. Along with all this, I think Hermes Boots' sprite should be updated to have wings on them, Hermes Helm(et) should have a similar style and Hermes Wings should just show it's components. Any other details anyone comes up with would be much appreciated.

I think Hermes Boots' sprite should be updated to have wings on them
Hermes_Boots.png
?

Anyways, this suggestion is kind of unnecessary. We already have the ballon which does the exact same with as the hermes helmet. And I don't know why it costs 2 flipping platinum and is only available mid-hardmode considering all it does is increase your jump height.

Hermes_Boots.png
?

Anyways, this suggestion is kind of unnecessary. We already have the ballon which does the exact same with as the hermes helmet. And I don't know why it costs 2 flipping platinum and is only available mid-hardmode considering all it does is increase your jump height.

I only said that because if it had no function except for a crafting ingredient, it would seem incomplete. Also, I do see that the Hermes Boots have wings, I am dumb.

To be clear, the main reason I want this is so I do not need to take up two accessory slots for Hermes Boots and wings.

To be clear, the main reason I want this is so I do not need to take up two accessory slots for Hermes Boots and wings.
Yeah but... there are like 5 types of boots and about 2 dozen types of wings. I don't think that this is the best way to go about doing so.

Yeah but... there are like 5 types of boots and about 2 dozen types of wings. I don't think that this is the best way to go about doing so.
I don't really care how we get to my goal, as long as it happens. I just thought of what I said and I thought it would be kinda cool. I'm willing to think of other ways to do it. Perhaps you could add something like 20 flight souls and something else to gate getting it until all three mechanical bosses are killed.

I don't really care how we get to my goal, as long as it happens. I just thought of what I said and I thought it would be kinda cool. I'm willing to think of other ways to do it. Perhaps you could add something like 20 flight souls and something else to gate getting it until all three mechanical bosses are killed.
I'm not talking about how it's gated, I'm talking about how it would actually work. If you're talking about having combinations of all boots and wings, then you're gonna end up with about a hundred or so extra items. It'd be way easier to just have an inventory slot for wings or whatever.

I'm not talking about how it's gated, I'm talking about how it would actually work. If you're talking about having combinations of all boots and wings, then you're gonna end up with about a hundred or so extra items. It'd be way easier to just have an inventory slot for wings or whatever.
I want just one new wing set that has the sprinting ability. To me, it makes sense to use the Hermes Boots in there somewhere but it's likely that there are better ways to do that.

Back
Top Bottom