tModLoader The Thorium Mod

To put in my two cents, I really was making a jab at another member for asserting his outdated information was correct. I purposefully mimiced his spelling mistake while also correcting him, extremely mild amounts of malice.

No need for the defense force, I was being sarcastic and got minorly slapped on the wrist. Everyone's lives move on.

Except a little sarcasm is never really harmful. If you feel you did something wrong, that's fine but everyone has their own opinion on the matter in the end. In this case it felt like you didn't really do anything massively wrong, so we just put in our own two cents (five cents in my case, since Canada doesn't have pennies, ahue).

Best to move on now, I guess.

I appreciate the clarification, General Milky. Now everyone back on-topic or I will have to start handing out off-topic marks.

Off-Topic and Ignoring Repeated Verbal Warnings
The mod thread doesn't deserve to be derailed by off-topic conversation. If you wish to discuss this further, you can contact me via a Private Message.

Ain't nothing wrong with a little off topic stuff, harmless lol

I would like to ask that you guys stay ontopic and take it to Pms because this a thread for thorium. Anyways. So no one can tell me how to beat abyssion ;-;?

Kite him to the surface ocean. Swim circles around him with Neptune's Shell and hit him til he dies.

Yeah, the reason you go to the surface is because his attacks bounce off walls and make enclosed spaces a death trap. On the surface, his moves just go out into the atmosphere and the battle arena stays clear.

I just cleared a large arena in the Depths for him, about two screens high and three or so across, but yeah, circles.

Someone mentioned TEdit isn't saving their Thorium content. Is this true? I've never used TEdit and was thinking of giving it a shot, but I'm a BIG fan of Thorium (seems to me to be the most robust mod so far) and I'd like to also work with it in TEdit... or, at least, not have TEdit delete my Thorium stuff.

I just cleared a large arena in the Depths for him, about two screens high and three or so across, but yeah, circles.

Someone mentioned TEdit isn't saving their Thorium content. Is this true? I've never used TEdit and was thinking of giving it a shot, but I'm a BIG fan of Thorium (seems to me to be the most robust mod so far) and I'd like to also work with it in TEdit... or, at least, not have TEdit delete my Thorium stuff.

TEdit (at least the version I have, don't know if they've updated it or not) does not work with any modded content that I'm aware of. The version I have simply erases anything that isn't vanilla content (evident by the large gaping empty space underneath my western ocean biome, as well as random chunks of modded ore gone). If someone has a version of TEdit that is compatible with at least the popular mods (Thorium and Calamity, maybe Tremor once they get multiplayer working) then that'd be a great thing to share!

I didn't phrase my post properly, sorry
I meant making some healing radiant items like Chi Lantern, The Good Book and Spirit Water Pouch hurt enemies instead of healing allies if Dark Intent is equipped, but it's probably impossible to code that
It wouldn't actually be hard to code that, at all. Maybe a little time consuming, as I would need to add damage values to the healer items, but def not impossible. :cool: I could make its radiant damage hidden to the player until the dark intent was equipped as well, to keep the tooltips clean.

personally though annoying i do like the idea behind the annoying mud actually being a sort of attack on your inventory, the thing you fight to keep the most usually, however, unless you plan on making at least some non-useful but cool furniture or something at least from it... i would rather have it cause a stacking debuff that locks out inventory slots (bottom right corner, go left first then up a row, rinse and repeat, once locked out start locking accesories, tools, and armor, each slot that gets hit cannot have items placed or removed from it nor used, you have to wait until EACH layer of the Debuff wears off until then it counts as a blank slot, aka no effects of any kind)

I can kind of see how the mudmen used to have a point if you wanted those bags... the mud would be the price you pay for farming them. But now, the mudmen have no reason to be in the game except as an unnecessary hassle... and the jungle is hassle enough. It's a challenge to move through the jungle while managing your inventory already, it's worse when you're looking for various drops and loots (of which the jungle has MANY) and realize you MIGHT have gotten them... but the mud stopped it and, by the time you realize it, you may never know what you missed.

Annoying mud just adds more work to an already-challenging environment while contributing no real fun factor or point. The game already has a lot of inventory management, the mud just makes it more work.

How challenging would a Radiant Damage only run be for this mod? I play mainly single player and never get an opportunity to play with all the Healer class toys, so I was wondering if It's feasible to play solo, yet still get by using -Healer Class- only items
Actually, I've been doing a Healer playthrough in the recent days, and I can give ya a precise feeling on the challenge:

the start is something hilariously bad, because you really can't find radiant weapons unless you find gold right off the bat and unholy shards from the blood moon enemies to craft the Heretic breaker, so you're stuck with Pills if you get lucky and find medicite and iron, I would suggest to make a suicide mission to the jungle and get all the materials required to make the Bountiful Harvest, the scythe version of the Blade of Grass; if you manage to craft it then your set for all the way to Skeletron.
Little advice: don't throw away the pills and make some Purified water, they're your only way to attack at range enemies, and you no wanna get near certain bosses; also make the other scythes to make the Falling Twilight/Blood Harvest, scythe equivalent of the Nigth's Edge along with a Crimson version as well, imagine making the Terra Blade process just with scythes.
all the non-flying bosses will be a nobrainer (the WoF battle will last about 10 seconds,30 if you take time to get rid of The Hungry), while the flying ones won't be difficult, they will just be time munching, especially the Star Scouter one since on the range side you won't have much DPS due to the slow fire rate.
The start of Hardmode will be the usual experience: can't kill, get smashed with the twich that thanks to the knockback and the DPS from your trusty scythe, you will have the power to defeat enemies only one at the time: just try to not get ganked and you'll be safe, in case of mimics go ranged or just run; make sure to farm for hallowed enemies, you'll need their drops.
the mechanical bosses will require a bit of strategy: your DPS will be still low at the time as well as your defences, so you'll need an upgrade: make sure to make the Bone Baton,made with souls of night,bones(duh),and molten residue dropped by Underworld enemies, the Blood Transfusion, magic counterpart of the Vampire knives, the projectiles ain't very fast, but the heal-ability is just nice, the Null-zone staff which reduces projectile damage by 33%, really good angaist Destroyer, Prophecy, which you can cheese to get free health, and the Midnight Staff for some ranged extra damage+shadowflame debuff, try to get the Greedy Magnet too, so you can get all the hearts AND mana stars onscreen(statues are a must)
hallowed bars make really useful things for healers, make sure to get the Hallowed scythe and the Hallowed Blessing,with rispectively good damage and the ability to inflict a debuff that causes enemies to lose 3 hp per second and make them get 13% more damage; also try to get the Twinkle pet which creates healing ligths when hurt at the cost of some mana (amazing) I would suggest to defeat Destroyer multiple times so you can get all the Life Powered Cells required to make the Life Waver armor, with a mana regen so high you can cast low cost spells indefinitely when at max mana.
when defeated all three of the mecha dudes, look out for Solar Eclipses to get the 2 Broken Hero Schythes you need to make the True Scythes that you can combine to get the, you guessed it, Terra scythe, which has an AoE effect that NUKES things and makes all the bosses up to Golem kneel down at their knees. at that point you will be on my same point, just take it by the horns and smash those lads to the ground;)

Actually, I've been doing a Healer playthrough in the recent days, and I can give ya a precise feeling on the challenge:

the start is something hilariously bad, because you really can't find radiant weapons unless you find gold right off the bat and unholy shards from the blood moon enemies to craft the Heretic breaker, so you're stuck with Pills if you get lucky and find medicite and iron, I would suggest to make a suicide mission to the jungle and get all the materials required to make the Bountiful Harvest, the scythe version of the Blade of Grass; if you manage to craft it then your set for all the way to Skeletron.
Little advice: don't throw away the pills and make some Purified water, they're your only way to attack at range enemies, and you no wanna get near certain bosses; also make the other scythes to make the Falling Twilight/Blood Harvest, scythe equivalent of the Nigth's Edge along with a Crimson version as well, imagine making the Terra Blade process just with scythes.
all the non-flying bosses will be a nobrainer (the WoF battle will last about 10 seconds,30 if you take time to get rid of The Hungry), while the flying ones won't be difficult, they will just be time munching, especially the Star Scouter one since on the range side you won't have much DPS due to the slow fire rate.
The start of Hardmode will be the usual experience: can't kill, get smashed with the twich that thanks to the knockback and the DPS from your trusty scythe, you will have the power to defeat enemies only one at the time: just try to not get ganked and you'll be safe, in case of mimics go ranged or just run; make sure to farm for hallowed enemies, you'll need their drops.
the mechanical bosses will require a bit of strategy: your DPS will be still low at the time as well as your defences, so you'll need an upgrade: make sure to make the Bone Baton,made with souls of night,bones(duh),and molten residue dropped by Underworld enemies, the Blood Transfusion, magic counterpart of the Vampire knives, the projectiles ain't very fast, but the heal-ability is just nice, the Null-zone staff which reduces projectile damage by 33%, really good angaist Destroyer, Prophecy, which you can cheese to get free health, and the Midnight Staff for some ranged extra damage+shadowflame debuff, try to get the Greedy Magnet too, so you can get all the hearts AND mana stars onscreen(statues are a must)
hallowed bars make really useful things for healers, make sure to get the Hallowed scythe and the Hallowed Blessing,with rispectively good damage and the ability to inflict a debuff that causes enemies to lose 3 hp per second and make them get 13% more damage; also try to get the Twinkle pet which creates healing ligths when hurt at the cost of some mana (amazing) I would suggest to defeat Destroyer multiple times so you can get all the Life Powered Cells required to make the Life Waver armor, with a mana regen so high you can cast low cost spells indefinitely when at max mana.
when defeated all three of the mecha dudes, look out for Solar Eclipses to get the 2 Broken Hero Schythes you need to make the True Scythes that you can combine to get the, you guessed it, Terra scythe, which has an AoE effect that NUKES things and makes all the bosses up to Golem kneel down at their knees. at that point you will be on my same point, just take it by the horns and smash those lads to the ground;)
there have been a lot of new additions to the class compared to when i last tried, the debuff type stuff was ashuredly not in the healer sets when i last tried, nor were some of the equipments, but then again ive been sadly out of free time of late

I played thorium for a while now and I think it's a perfect mod. The sprites fit in so well and the new boss battles are also very nice.
Also I found a bug. The buried champion is missing from the boss checklist. I don't know if it's Thorium Mod's or Boss Checklist Mod's fault but I decided to post it here

I'm getting an error trying to install the latest version of the mod manually (Mod browser is down at the moment). When I go to reload the game after compiling the mod, I get this:

Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

Can anyone mind helping me? I have 3 souls from each mechanical boss, the hallowed bars, but I still can't make the Soul Forge? I've even presented the materials to the guide and for me the soul forge isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom