Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere (on facebook probably, don't remember correctly)I saw long time ago screenshot with "Cthulhian Heads" (they looks similar to regular zombies, but with octopuses on their heads). Why it's not here? Kinda strange.

Somewhere (on facebook probably, don't remember correctly)I saw long time ago screenshot with "Cthulhian Heads" (they looks similar to regular zombies, but with octopuses on their heads). Why it's not here? Kinda strange.
I know the kind you mean, and I think it's likely because that's a different spoiler. this thread is only to discuss about the spoiler they posted here.

What IS strange however is that it can't be seen back in the Spoiler Compendium: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-otherworld-spoiler-compendium.17520/
Maybe we'll see those zombies as leaks, perhaps.

I know the kind you mean, and I think it's likely because that's a different spoiler. this thread is only to discuss about the spoiler they posted here.

What IS strange however is that it can't be seen back in the Spoiler Compendium: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-otherworld-spoiler-compendium.17520/
Maybe we'll see those zombies as leaks, perhaps.
I think I saw them in the GDC trailer, they were attacking the crystal and looked like nebula floaters with bodies. Spooky!

I think my imaginary friends might be the only developers working on this game right now. Radio silence and broken promises as well as the lack of communication have dried up any enthusiasm I had for this game. #TerrariaNeverworld

I think my imaginary friends might be the only developers working on this game right now. Radio silence and broken promises as well as the lack of communication have dried up any enthusiasm I had for this game. #TerrariaNeverworld
Even Starbound eventually released (though it's still 2D No Man's Sky), so I'd say radio silence is way better than blatant lies and last minute screw-ups. Also I don't remember any promises given.

Cenx said on her twitter the spoiler would come "soon-ish"

As we have covered - silence has been unfortunate, but necessary. If anyone thinks we WANTED to have to run silent since saying we wouldn't...well, that doesn't really stand up to either logic or our long track record with our community. Not sure what other "promises" were broken - any "release dates" given were always stated as planned/hoped. Again, as with Terraria updates, we shy away from giving actual solid release dates until we are pretty darned sure of them.

Not saying I don't understand the frustration of the perspective that folks have - silence indeed allows that speculation to run wild. Then again, often it is best to have things fully fleshed and known before speaking on our end. :)

That said, the "what's been going on" that Cenx mentioned should certainly be soon....

Developers: *use the word 'soon'*
Players: *look at watch* Hey it's been thirty seconds already and I saw nothing, such lies you liars break promises I won't vote for you in 2020

This is half funny and half sad.
But it's relatable. When people hear "soon", they expect days, maybe a couple weeks. Not months.

That said, the "what's been going on" that Cenx mentioned should certainly be soon....

I definitely can't wait for more news on T:OW! At this point I don't really have any hope that there will be a release any time soon. However, I do look forward to hearing new updates about it. I usually check the forums at least once a day to see if there is any new information.

Even after all this time I am still very excited about T:OW as terraria gave me many hours of enjoyment, and the little we know about OW just makes me look forward to it more and more. If you guys do as good of a job on it as you did on Terraria, I am sure I will have a new favorite game once it actually releases.

The way they worded it in the 20,000 copies post sounded like T:OW spoilers or release date will happen AFTER 1.3 for console.
[doublepost=1489699803,1489699582][/doublepost]Loki did say "update on the status of Otherworld" which implies a possible release date or at lease a estimated release date. :D

(Sorry for double post, checked sources before spreading possible false rumors)

same here, i always check forum for any news, im so excited for this i already reserve the extra bucks in my steam wallet for this lol

The use of the word "soon" between developers and people who are waiting really is different. Though I am guessing that the upcoming whatever should come out within a few months, I wonder if it will be a small video like the Swing Grappling thing, or just a small screenshot. I would rather have an estimated release date than any kind of content spoiler, but that might just be me

by the time T:OW get out everyone forgot about it. very bad publicity to say nothing to your community. T:OW just a nother Half-life 3. expect it never to happend.

Stop nagging. they are not obliged to give you spoilers every day.
If you wanna talk about obligations, then they're not obliged to give us anything, T:OW included. Unless I don't know something, there was no crowdfunding for it. Doesn't mean that people will go lightly about that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom