[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if new stuff was added, wouldnt it take a bit longer? i mean, new stuff is cool, no argument there but would it be worth the extra wait?
If you look at it, it wouldn't take too much longer, depends on how many new items were added. If you think about it, it could be quicker in the long run. No doubt with the new vanilla items there would be a ton of ID conflicts that would need to be sorted out and fixed. If they started from scratch, it would be far easier and possibly quicker than needing to look through everything and sort out all the conflicts and bugs, but hey, I don't know if that's fact, I don't know much about coding for Terraria. :p

If you look at it, it wouldn't take too much longer, depends on how many new items were added. If you think about it, it could be quicker in the long run. No doubt with the new vanilla items there would be a ton of ID conflicts that would need to be sorted out and fixed. If they started from scratch, it would be far easier and possibly quicker than needing to look through everything and sort out all the conflicts and bugs, but hey, I don't know if that's fact, I don't know much about coding for Terraria. :p

Oh yeah.. ID colliding.. that's always fun to see, isn't it?

is an example of id colliding when a bunch of blocks from my exxo avalon world turned into vanilla 1.3.4.4 tiles on tedit for vanilla terraria 1.3.4.4?
Yes, it would be. The ID's of the Avalon items happened to be the ID's of the new blocks and items that were added with the new vanilla Terraria updates. ID conflicts are not fun to sort out, I'm not a modder, so I don't know how bad it is for modding, but I have had to deal with it in a previous game when I had quite a few mods installed at the same time, had to fix some conflicts with that, and that was not fun.

Yes, it would be. The ID's of the Avalon items happened to be the ID's of the new blocks and items that were added with the new vanilla Terraria updates. ID conflicts are not fun to sort out, I'm not a modder, so I don't know how bad it is for modding, but I have had to deal with it in a previous game when I had quite a few mods installed at the same time, had to fix some conflicts with that, and that was not fun.
well derp but hey atleast 15% of my world is now luminite ore (previously chunkstone blocks from the exxo avalon contagion)

Tmodloader's ID system is automatic, meaning no hassle, but Terraria's main content updates caused the map changes, IDKAN. IDs are sorted automatically, but Terraria vanilla simply overrides modded ones if it updates.

Hi,
I downloaded the 1.3 source mod. I followed the installation instructions carefully, but when I opened Terraria, no modded content appeared. I then tried opening the mod’s exe file directly, and got this error:

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Exxo v10.0 Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

I tried opening it several times, but it kept giving me the error. Is there anything I could do to fix this?
Thank you

Hi,
I downloaded the 1.3 source mod. I followed the installation instructions carefully, but when I opened Terraria, no modded content appeared. I then tried opening the mod’s exe file directly, and got this error:

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Exxo v10.0 Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

I tried opening it several times, but it kept giving me the error. Is there anything I could do to fix this?
Thank you
wut version of terraria 1.3 were u using? is it the current 1.3.4.4 or 1.3.0.8?

wut version of terraria 1.3 were u using? is it the current 1.3.4.4 or 1.3.0.8?

Before installing Exxo Avalon, I was using tModLoader on version 1.3.4.4. When I installed Avalon and removed tModLoader, the game opened in 1.3.0.3. I tried removing the files for Avalon, but it still opened 1.3.0.3. Steam doesn’t seem to be detecting the update for me, so I transferred the game files from another computer which had 1.3.4.3. It opened that version, but still wouldn’t update to 1.3.4.4. I tried putting the Exxo Avalon files back into the game files and it still crashed when I opened it. Could the mod have anything to do with the game not updating?

Before installing Exxo Avalon, I was using tModLoader on version 1.3.4.4. When I installed Avalon and removed tModLoader, the game opened in 1.3.0.3. I tried removing the files for Avalon, but it still opened 1.3.0.3. Steam doesn’t seem to be detecting the update for me, so I transferred the game files from another computer which had 1.3.4.3. It opened that version, but still wouldn’t update to 1.3.4.4. I tried putting the Exxo Avalon files back into the game files and it still crashed when I opened it. Could the mod have anything to do with the game not updating?
playing 1.3 exxo avalon it MUST be in 1.3.0.3 and NOT ABOVE. im afraid u shouldve backed up ur files but i think u can fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling terraria. delete any terraria files in ur steam folder and redownload it but DO NOT DELETE UR STEAM FILES FROM UR DOCUMENTS (THATS WHERE UR CHARACTER AND WORLD FILES R)

I feel like Avalon is barely struggling to be alive. No offense, but there hasn't been much activity for a long while (or at least heard of) and I'm starting to think this won't be as alive as it was in Exxo. For all I know they could be working hard on the mod.

TL;DR: I think Avalon is dying a bit.

I feel like Avalon is barely struggling to be alive. No offense, but there hasn't been much activity for a long while (or at least heard of) and I'm starting to think this won't be as alive as it was in Exxo. For all I know they could be working hard on the mod.

TL;DR: I think Avalon is dying a bit.
They are working on it, as said by me a million times. :p Thing is, it's just taking a while to code. As for the dying part, not much has been going on or revealed for this thread to be active, so in a sense, yes, it is dying right now. I'm sure when the mod is released it'll become more active.

They are working on it, as said by me a million times. :p Thing is, it's just taking a while to code. As for the dying part, not much has been going on or revealed for this thread to be active, so in a sense, yes, it is dying right now. I'm sure when the mod is released it'll become more active.
heres how to revive avalon; REVIVE ULTRABLIVION!
[doublepost=1490559380,1490559311][/doublepost]
heres how to revive avalon; REVIVE ULTRABLIVION!
and im kidding but i kinda miss ultrablivion (cue the 2SAD4ME music)

Hi all,

I just want to make a little "Come back" to terraria after 2 years of break.
Back then i was playing on mod, which I liked quite much, but now I cant remember which one it was.
As far as I remember it allowed player to have additional sepcial trincket slot (or sth like that for special item), reforge armors (normaly only weapons and accessories ),
it was possible to evolve "water bolt", and to merge "Spectre armor", "Shroomite armor", "Turtle armor" and "Chlorophyte armor" to single way to OP armor set.

Can you guys help me?

As far as I remember it allowed player to have additional sepcial trincket slot (or sth like that for special item), reforge armors (normaly only weapons and accessories ),
it was possible to evolve "water bolt", and to merge "Spectre armor", "Shroomite armor", "Turtle armor" and "Chlorophyte armor" to single way to OP armor set.

Can you guys help me?

The extra accessory was a tome slot, reforging armors was a thing, there were ice bolts, and there was Ancient armor.

You got the Exxo Avalon mod there, bucko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom