All Bosses Guide

Hunky

Plantera
Hello Terrarians! I'm going to try to type a descriptive guide for you all to defeat EVERY boss in the game! I'll be posting these periodically, so stay tuned for more! :p

~King Slime~
Possibly the easiest boss in the entire game, the King Slime is a boss that hops around and spawns blue slimes to harm the player. To defeat him, you should make a platform above you that extends about 20 tiles in each direction. (41 platform total) when you summon the boss, it should stay on the platform above you and you can use a broadsword, shurikens, arrows, throwing knives, etc. to defeat him.

Up next: the Eye of Chtulu...

Hello Terrarians! I'm going to try to type a descriptive guide for you all to defeat EVERY boss in the game! I'll be posting these periodically, so stay tuned for more! :p

~King Slime~
Possibly the easiest boss in the entire game, the King Slime is a boss that hops around and spawns blue slimes to harm the player. To defeat him, you should make a platform above you that extends about 20 tiles in each direction. (41 platform total) when you summon the boss, it should stay on the platform above you and you can use a broadsword, shurikens, arrows, throwing knives, etc. to defeat him.

As long as you're keeping them together in this thread that should be fine :)

~Eye of Cthulu~
Just a tad more difficult than the King Slime, the Eye of Cthulu can move through blocks. So, you will need multiple platforms to hop from. I would make the platforms 50 tiles long this time, and a five tile spaces between rows. There should be around 5-6 rows to jump from, this makes it easier to avoid his attacks. I recommend using boomerangs, shrunken, arrows, etc. The armor and ewuipment that I would use to defeat it would be: Gold/ Platinum armor, Hermes boots, and MABYE a magic carpet (if you find one in your world).

Up next: Queen Bee

~Queen Bee~
Like the King Slime, this boss is also relatively easy. You really don't need that much preparation, and the arena is simple. The Queen Bee can travel through blocks, like the EoC, so the arena should be similar. Since the fight will take place in the beehive, (if you're fighting it for the first time) the arena should fill up the whole space. What I mean is, build the exact same arena for the EoC, but in the beehive. The gear I recommend you use is the same as the Eye of Cthulu. Good luck!

Up next: Skeletron

~Skeletron~
One of the hardest pre-hardmode bosses on console, Skeletron is not a boss to be taken lightly. It has three parts: the head, and arms. To defeat it, you could use some of the loot dropped from the queen bee, the same armor/gear from before, but we're adding some more: cloud in a bottle, and a grappling hook. The arena should have some campfires, and maybe some heart lanterns (if you have any extra life crystals)
The platforms should be 50-60 tiles long, and 5-6 rows. GL!

Up next: Eater of Worlds...

~Eater of Worlds~

This boss is a mixture of easy and hard. It depends on how the arena is built. In your case, I'm helping you make the arena. So this boss should be easy for you. The arena should be built on the surface of the Corruption, and it should also be literally the exact same arena as the Eye of Cthulu. If you have built the DoC arena in the Corruption, then... good job? Anyway, the gear you should use is the same as Skeletron, as this one isn't much harder. I would use any weapon that pierces enemies (such as the Ball o' Hurt, Space Gun, etc.) If you have any trouble with the boss, feel free to change some things! :happy:

Alternate Boss: Brain of Cthulu...
[doublepost=1491783283,1491782910][/doublepost]~Brain of Cthulu~

This boss is actually pretty hard. Much harder than the EoW. For the arena, I recommend building it in the large part of the crimson caves. You should make the arena out of ropes AND platforms. You need to make it so you can jump on a rope, then jump to a platform from the rope (trust me, I've tried it and it works!) Since you can't hurt to BoC without killing the creepers, you should use a weapon(s) that can be used as a projectile/flail (Meatball, Space Gun, Molotov Cocktails, etc.) Use the same gear as before... change some stuff if you need to... that's pretty much it, see you in the next one!

Optional Boss: Dungeon Guardian...
[doublepost=1491783750][/doublepost]~Bum bum baaaahhm! Dungeon Guardian~

Easily the Strongest enemy in the game, the Dungeon Guardian can kill the player in one hit! (Unless you have the items equipped that MTEN used to survive one hit:
) so in order to beat it, you will need to use the Hoik glitch to avoid him. I have no way to explain it to you without you getting confused, so here's a link to a video by Yrimir:
this works on console, so don't worry. No gear is required except for a bed, recall potions and a boomerang. GL!

Up next: Wall of Flesh...

~Wall of Flesh~

The final boss of pre-hardmode! This fight can get particularly difficult, so get all of your best potions, weapons and armor, cuz your gonna need it! The arena is particularly simple, you just make a REALLY long platform extending from one end of the world to the other. (You can make it smaller, but you can never be too careful!) The wall of Flesh will chase you in one direction until it's defeated. So you're going to need some strong gear to kill it. The armor(s) I would use are as follows:

~Melee~
Molten Helmet
Molten Breastplate
Molten Greaves

Weapons
Night's Edge, Sunfury

Equipment (same for all holdouts)
Tiger climbing gear (optional)
Magic carpet (optional)
Spectre Boots
Lucky horseshoe Balloon
Obsidian Shield

~Ranger~
Necro Helmet
Necro Breastplate
Necro Greaves

Weapons
Phoenix Blaster, Sharanga, Star Cannon

~Mage~
Meteor Helmet
Meteor Breastplate
Meteor Greaves

Weapons
Diamond Staff, Demon Scythe, Space Gun

~Summoner~ (My favorite)

Bee Headgear
Bee Breastplate
Bee Greaves

Weapons
Hornet Staff, Imp Staff
(For Summoner, you can also use a weapon to fight, I use the Sunfury)

Well, now that you have a nice description of what to use to fight the WoF, the only problem you should have is GETTING the items. When you do, the WoF is a piece of cake.

Up next: ALL THREE MECHANICAL BOSSES...

Last edited:
~The Twins, The Destroyer, and Skeletron Prime~

The first bosses you fight in Hardmode are a big leap for the WoF. So, you need a big leap of gear! These posts will be really long now because I want to put down all the specific gear and whatnot. So first off, the arena. You can use the same arena that you used for the EoC and the EoW, but you can also expand it if you like. (I normally would do this.) Now onto the gear:

~Melee~
Titanium Mask/ Adamantite Helmet
Titanium/Adamantite Breastplate
Titanium/Adamantite Leggings

Weapons
Titanium/ Adamantite Sword (Legendary)
Dao of Pow (Godly)
Bananarang

Accessories (All Menacing (base damage) or Violent(DPS))
Warrior Emblem
Frostspark Boots
(Type) Wings
Obsidian/ Ankh Shield

~Ranger~
Titanium Helmet/Adamantite Mask
Titanium/ Adamantite Breastplate
Titanium/ Adamantite Leggings

Weapons
Clockwork Assault Rifle (Unreal)
Titanium/ Adamantite Reapeater (Unreal)

Accessories (All Menacing (For base damage) or Lucky (for Crits)
Ranger Emblem
Magic Quiver
Obsidian/ Ankh Shield
(Type) Wings
Frostspark Boots

~Mage~
Titanium/ Adamantite Headgear
Titanium/ Adamantite Breastplate
Titanium/ Adamantite Leggings

Weapons (All Mythical)
Demon Scythe
Cursed Flames/ Golden Shower

Accessories (All Arcane (For Mana) or Lucky (for Crits) or Menacing (For Base Damage)
Sorcerer Emblem
Celestial Cuffs
Mana Flower
(Type) Wings
Frostspark Boots

~Summoner~ (My Favorite)
Spider Mask
Spider Breastplate
Spider Greaves

Weapons (All Ruthless)
Spider Staff
Pirate Staff
Queen Spider Staff

Accessories (All Menacing)
(There really aren't any Summoner accessories before Plantera, so I will just list some useful Accessories for standard gameplay. Sorry.)
Bundle of Balloons
Obsidian/ Ankh Shield
(Type) Wings
Frostspark Boots
Avenger Emblem

Well now that you have the gear, the arena, and MABYE the confidence, you can defeat the Mechanical Bosses. Good Luck!

Up next, Plantera...

Last edited:
~Plantera~
We are almost there! Only three more bosses to go! (Excluding Event Bosses) This boss is also pretty easy. All you need is a large, empty space and a few platforms to jump to. It has two forms: Normal and ENRAGED! It changes to it's second form when it gets to half heatlh, so make sure you bring wings to easily avoid it. *sigh* I'll make a list of the armor and weapons etc...

~Melee~
Turtle Helmet
Turtle Breastplate
Turtle Leggings

Weapons
Terra Blade (Legendary)
Death Sickle (Legendary)
Dao of Pow (Godly)

Warrior Emblem
Frostspark Boots
(Type) Wings
Obsidian/ Ankh Shield
Fire Gauntlet

~Ranger~
Chlorophyte Helmet
Chlorophyte Breastplate
Chlorophyte Leggings

Weapons (All Unreal)
Megastar
Flamethrower
Chlorophyte Shotbow

RangerEmblem
Magic Quiver
Obsidian/ Ankh Shield
(Type) Wings
Frostspark Boots

~Mage~
Chlorophyte Headgear
Chlorophyte Breastplate
Chlorophyte Leggings

Weapons (All Mythical)
Venom Staff
Golden Shower/ Cursed Flames
Rainbow Rod

Accessories (All Arcane (For Mana) or Lucky (for Crits) or Menacing (For Base Damage)
Sorcerer Emblem
Celestial Emblem
Mana Flower
(Type) Wings
Frostspark Boots

~Summoner~ (My favorite)
Same armor as before

Weapons (All Ruthless)
Pirate Staff
Spider Staff
Optic Staff
Queen Spider Staff

Accessories
(Same as before)

Good luck fighting Plantera with the info you just got!

Up next: Golem...

Last edited:
WHERES THE GOLEM PLEASE

PS: Could you put all the other bosses when 1.3 comes out
PSS: You missed Duke Fishron..

WHERES THE GOLEM PLEASE

PS: Could you put all the other bosses when 1.3 comes out
PSS: You missed Duke Fishron..
I know it's not finished yet, but I've been too busy to right these. (I have exams)
I promise I will finish this soon!

~King Slime~

~Wall of Flesh~

The final boss of pre-hardmode! This fight can get particularly difficult, so get all of your best potions, weapons and armor, cuz your gonna need it! The arena is particularly simple, you just make a REALLY long platform extending from one end of the world to the other. (You can make it smaller, but you can never be too careful!) The wall of Flesh will chase you in one direction until it's defeated. So you're going to need some strong gear to kill it. The armor(s) I would use are as follows:

~Melee~
Molten Helmet
Molten Breastplate
Molten Greaves

Weapons
Night's Edge, Sunfury

Equipment (same for all holdouts)
Tiger climbing gear (optional)
Magic carpet (optional)
Spectre Boots
Lucky horseshoe Balloon
Obsidian Shield

~Ranger~
Necro Helmet
Necro Breastplate
Necro Greaves

Weapons
Phoenix Blaster, Sharanga, Star Cannon

~Mage~
Meteor Helmet
Meteor Breastplate
Meteor Greaves

Weapons
Diamond Staff, Demon Scythe, Space Gun

~Summoner~ (My favorite)

Bee Headgear
Bee Breastplate
Bee Greaves

Weapons
Hornet Staff, Imp Staff
(For Summoner, you can also use a weapon to fight, I use the Sunfury)

Well, now that you have a nice description of what to use to fight the WoF, the only problem you should have is GETTING the items. When you do, the WoF is a piece of cake.

Up next: ALL THREE MECHANICAL BOSSES...
Could we use Molotov cocktail instead because it's very powerful? Its easy to make too.

~Golem~ (finally!)

Sorry it took so long, but now I have finally got enough time to type this! The Golem boss is not too difficult of a boss (unlike Plantera) and the arena to kill it in is very simple. The arena should be a tiny box for you to fit in, about five blocks wide, and five blocks high, with a hole in the middle of the top row of the box, with a campfire around you for regen (heart lanterns and honey is optional) the hole in the top of the box is for weapons that fire through one block spaces such as weapons like the Shadow beam staff/ Rainbow Rod, uzi/megashark/sniper rifle, Terra Blade/Beam Sword/True Night's Edge/True Excalibur, etc. (you get the idea)
I'm just gonna list the gear now...

~Melee~
Same armor as before

Weapons
Vampire Knives (Ruthless)
Terra Blade (Legendary)
Flower Power (Godly)
Demon Sickle (Legendary)

Warrior Emblem
Frostspark Boots
(Type) Wings
Obsidian/ Ankh Shield
Fire Gauntlet

~Ranged~
Shroomite (Type)
Shroomite Chestplate
Shroomite Leggings

Weapons (all Unreal)
Elf Melter
Sniper Rifle
Uzi
Chlorophyte Shotbow
Grenade launcher

Ranger Emblem
Magic Quiver
Obsidian/ Ankh Shield
(Type) Wings
Rifle Scope

~Mage~
Spectre Set

Weapons (All Mythical)
Rainbow Gun/Rod
Shadowbeam staff
Blizzard Staff

Accessories
Same as Before

~Summoner~ (my favorite)
Spooky/Tiki set

Weapons (Ruthless)
Raven Staff
Pygmy Staff
Staff of the Frost Hydra

Accessories (all Menacing)
Pygmy Necklace
Papyrus Scarab
Necromantic Scroll
(Type) Wings
Frostspark boots

Up next... DUKE FISHRON

~Duke Fishron~

The Final Boss... We've finally made it to the end... He puts up quite a fight! And to kill him, you'll need the strongest Gear you can get your grubby mitts on... I can't really say what kind of arena to make, but just put platforms across the whole ocean, and place campfires and heart lanterns. You would replace a platform with a block for heart lanterns (duh.) Here's the gear...

~Melee~
Beetle Helmet
Beetle Scale mail (damage)/Beetle Shell (defense)
Beetle Leggings

Weapons
Same as before (feel free to Make changes)

Accessories
Same as before (feel free to Make changes)

~Ranged~
Same As Before

Weapons
Same as Before (feel free to Make changes)

Ranger Emblem
Magic Quiver
Obsidian/ Ankh Shield
(Type) Wings
Sniper Scope

~Mage~
Same as Before

Weapons

Accessories

~Summoner~ (My Favorite)
EVERYTHING is the same

Well... This was a fun guide to make, I hope you made it to the end.

P.S. I'm going to make ANOTHER guide once 1.3 comes out on console, so get ready for it...

Back
Top Bottom