tModLoader Magic Storage

Ok, huge request: The ability to store and transfer an entire storage inventory from one place to another, including between worlds.

E.G., you make an 'Ethereal Singularity', and a Transfer Box. Put the Singularity in the transfer box (that is connected to the storage to be transferred), and hit the transfer button in a gui. All items in the storage network are placed into the singularity. Until placed into a new transfer box and network, the singularity and all contents are inaccessible. Any overflow (lacking space in new network, for example) is contained in the singularity. No more items can be placed into it, only withdrawn. Once depleted, the singularity is destroyed, as it's a one time use item.

Possible crafting recipe for the singularity:
Vortex_Fragment.png
+ 20
Nebula_Fragment.png
+ 20
Stardust_Fragment.png
+ 20
Solar_Fragment.png
+ 50
Ectoplasm.png
+ 20
Diamond.png

For Transfer Box:
Luminite_Bar.png
+ 20
Ectoplasm.png
+ 500
Wood.png

I've come to find that while I love the magic storage, if I want to move it all, it's going to take friggin ages for it. This way would be far quicker, and would provide world movement access for basically all your world's inventory. That'd be awesome.

Ok, huge request: The ability to store and transfer an entire storage inventory from one place to another, including between worlds.

E.G., you make an 'Ethereal Singularity', and a Transfer Box. Put the Singularity in the transfer box (that is connected to the storage to be transferred), and hit the transfer button in a gui. All items in the storage network are placed into the singularity. Until placed into a new transfer box and network, the singularity and all contents are inaccessible. Any overflow (lacking space in new network, for example) is contained in the singularity. No more items can be placed into it, only withdrawn. Once depleted, the singularity is destroyed, as it's a one time use item.

Possible crafting recipe for the singularity:
Vortex_Fragment.png
+ 20
Nebula_Fragment.png
+ 20
Stardust_Fragment.png
+ 20
Solar_Fragment.png
+ 50
Ectoplasm.png
+ 20
Diamond.png

For Transfer Box:
Luminite_Bar.png
+ 20
Ectoplasm.png
+ 500
Wood.png

I've come to find that while I love the magic storage, if I want to move it all, it's going to take friggin ages for it. This way would be far quicker, and would provide world movement access for basically all your world's inventory. That'd be awesome.
thats kinda what I suggested with the units being pickupable and keeping their contents

Okay, I literally registered over a bug because I seriously want to use this on multiplayer but...
Doesn't work in multiplayer...... just toggles cosmetics when you try to open the " "chest" " ;(
I am having the same problem as him, actually. But it's... specific.
KLTtJ5a

KLTtJ5a.jpg
My character does not look like that, in this first image. This happens when I right click the storage. You know, to access it.
ex1c8LU.jpg
However, this is a friend's base. And his Remote Storage Access does work! Weird how that works. Before you ask: That Locator Drive was cheated in after me wasting a locator for what was not pictured.
y4VNJab.jpg
Uhm, yeah, there's a problem with only that working.

Not Pictured: Me trying to set up a new remote access to get around about a screen away from the heart. But that failed too
I have a feeling it has something to do with how loading works. After all, it seems like the one I spawn right next to or any I place down don't work, but if someone else's does without anyone showing up... Yeah it does work. Btw, I am not Hosting & Playing technically, more like running through Server Console and then booting up client into same server.

EDIT: Now they are working, sorry about broken pictures earlier.

Can you provide examples of mods that create more recipes for it?
The only ones I know of at the moment are my bosses mod and Calamity, since I added those recipes myself.
With my mod, you have the option of replacing the radiant jewel with an infinity crystal.
With Calamity, you have the option of replacing the radiant jewel with 20 cosmilite bars.

The only ones I know of at the moment are my bosses mod and Calamity, since I added those recipes myself.
With my mod, you have the option of replacing the radiant jewel with an infinity crystal.
With Calamity, you have the option of replacing the radiant jewel with 20 cosmilite bars.
Awesome! On my current playthrough I have Thorium + Calamity + Magic Storage so that should work out
I'm having trouble defeating the Devourer of Gods though, so cosmilite bars should take a while :(
Maybe you could put this information on the main post?

Love getting rid of all those chests cluttering up my base.

I registered to make a suggestion/request.
2 buttons, perhaps to the right of the search bar.
A "clear search box" button so I don't have to backspace a million times.
And to the right of that an "x" to close the window without having to hit Esc or clicking outside the window to take focus off the search box.

Thanks for the mod, can't wait for the crafting interface.

Love getting rid of all those chests cluttering up my base.

I registered to make a suggestion/request.
2 buttons, perhaps to the right of the search bar.
A "clear search box" button so I don't have to backspace a million times.
And to the right of that an "x" to close the window without having to hit Esc or clicking outside the window to take focus off the search box.

Thanks for the mod, can't wait for the crafting interface.
Your suggestion gave me an idea...
To add on, how about (because I'm lazy) not having to click the 'Search' box and instead adding a shortcut to allow just typing and the words will appear in the search?

Back
Top Bottom