PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Nice update! But i have one question, does this higher resolutions also mean that i can run terraria now on 21/9 @ 2560x1080?

I find that it sometimes helps to restart steam. It can be a bit finicky at times.

^^
This.

I think Steam only does checks every X minutes on games to see if they have received updates...unless, of course, when you first load Steam. So if you are between its update checks, you can force a new check by exiting and re-opening Steam.

Or, I think you can also go into the game's properties and check for updates manually there too. Dunno if that works for this or not.

Just got the update and its great, able to run at 21:9 1440p! Just wondering will there be a way to zoom out further in a future fix? Because with 1440p 21:9 it gets zoomed in to ~170% which is the default "100%" in-game zoom and I cannot zoom out any further, leaving me unable to see the top and bottom parts of the screen you can usually see in standard 16:9. And when I go into the .json file at set zoom to like .8 instead of 1, it states in-game that the zoom is now at "80%", but still has it world zoomed to 179%. Just wondering if it is intentional, and if not, will there be a fix in the future. Thanks! - IVT

http://imgur.com/a/3Lwbd image of zoom settings

how can i restart steam?

and does the update conflict with tmodloader?
You can also try forcing a Steam update, I usually have to before updating a game.
And tmodloader will likely need updated, but they are usually pretty quick about that

And yeah, tmodloader doesn't work with 1.3.5. People are already having issues.

I wouldn't call it "issues" so much as "this is entirely expected". Updates break mods; this is just how it is unless at some point we offer official mod support. If a mod manages to still work after an update, that's just luck.

I mean, it makes sense that 1.3.4.4 content doesn't work for 1.3.5 seeing as how they're two different exe files. Until tModLoader is updated, it won't work due to it being two different versions. Just be patient and tMod will be updated!

I wouldn't call it "issues" so much as "this is entirely expected". Updates break mods consistently, because they didn't account for the changes in the new content. That's virt

Well, it's still an issue... but yeah, it's to be expecting.

I wouldn't call it "issues" so much as "this is entirely expected". Updates break mods; this is just how it is unless at some point we offer official mod support. If a mod manages to still work after an update, that's just luck.

Even games that have official mod support built into the game, like Starbound, mods oftentimes get broken during updates unless the mod authors were doing the Beta versions of the new update and keeping an Beta version of the mod so that they could be released simultaneously, which is not common.

So even if Terraria did have official mod support, chances are, mod authors would still need to update their mods when updates come out. Not all mods, mind you, but still.

Just got the update and its great, able to run at 21:9 1440p! Just wondering will there be a way to zoom out further in a future fix? Because with 1440p 21:9 it gets zoomed in to ~170% which is the default "100%" in-game zoom and I cannot zoom out any further, leaving me unable to see the top and bottom parts of the screen you can usually see in standard 16:9. And when I go into the .json file at set zoom to like .8 instead of 1, it states in-game that the zoom is now at "80%", but still has it world zoomed to 179%. Just wondering if it is intentional, and if not, will there be a fix in the future. Thanks! - IVT

http://imgur.com/a/3Lwbd image of zoom settings

I think this is what 21:9 has to life with. In 2560x1080 the default zoom is at 133%. I believe it is their "fix" for ultrawide so they don´t have to do it properly.

I love the little gif giving an overview of the update.
NPCs who are manually assigned to a room will attempt to return to it when they respawn after being slain
I've been waiting so long for this!

At last the crystal furniture set is in. Now to build my empire.

hDHzx5c.png
That was fast! I like the way it looks natural around the actual building.

You can also try forcing a Steam update, I usually have to before updating a game.
And tmodloader will likely need updated, but they are usually pretty quick about that
thanks, i had to fully uninstall tmodloader, because it wasnt letting me update. i still have the file. how can you know when tmodloader updates it for 1.3.5?

thanks, i had to fully uninstall tmodloader, because it wasnt letting me update. i still have the file. how can you know when tmodloader updates it for 1.3.5?

You will need to watch the tmodloader thread on the forums; they'll post news and updates there. :)

The font in Russian translation looks sorta out of place, but every other language characters (including Chinese) look good. What was the decision behind it?

Lol, no! No please, Russian translation will makes in google translator.
:dryadnaughty:
Why need time for update 6 mounts?
Font? Oh stop, no...

I think epxanded furnture sets made a lot of people happy. I know somebody wanted Ice, Frlesh, Golden (and more) platforms, they did finaly got released.
I will download update, extrant XNB files into PNG and then look into them (+ find if some sprites are updated, ....), my favourite thing to do.

Even games that have official mod support built into the game, like Starbound, mods oftentimes get broken during updates unless the mod authors were doing the Beta versions of the new update and keeping an Beta version of the mod so that they could be released simultaneously, which is not common.

So even if Terraria did have official mod support, chances are, mod authors would still need to update their mods when updates come out. Not all mods, mind you, but still.

Maybe, just would be nice to have complete control over the Zoom options in the .json file instead of adjusting the 1 - 2 value based on resolution, like if someone wants 80% or 280% zoom, why not give it to them.

@IVT, part of Zoom limitations are that certain aspects of gameplay break if you increase the amount of "game screen" visible at one time. Enemies start spawning on screen, stuff like that. This is not intended to be happening, and its not intentional to be able to zoom out so much that this sort of thing happens. And if you increase your screen/window resolution high enough, the game HAS to "zoom in" a bit for those mechanics to keep up with the increasing resolution. Or at high enough resolutions, zoom in a lot.

Because of servers and other such MP scenarios, we can't force the game to "only spawn them based on your monitor", because it can't juggle that sort of thing in MP, and it could have impacts on gameplay aside from that, even in a single player scenario.

Just some of the reason why the mechanic isn't as fully flexible as you might have preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom