PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Space Admiral Laika, I think some amount of visual roughness is to be expected at non-100% (or 150/200%) increments, though if its particularly bad, we might look into it specifically.

Aside from the Creeper pet, have you noticed any major roughness at 100%? We had a very small number of assets which looked bad at 100% (literally only 2 or 3 that I caught), and its possible a few more may have snuck in. I'm interested in investigating any which can be brought to our attention.

Have you found someone to translate the game to Finnish yet?
Because trust me, it's gonna be one heck of a challenge.

@Space Admiral Laika, I think some amount of visual roughness is to be expected at non-100% (or 150/200%) increments, though if its particularly bad, we might look into it specifically.

Aside from the Creeper pet, have you noticed any major roughness at 100%? We had a very small number of assets which looked bad at 100% (literally only 2 or 3 that I caught), and its possible a few more may have snuck in. I'm interested in investigating any which can be brought to our attention.
@Leinfors Sounds fair, I guess it's not really an issue since it's entirely optional and whenever I use it I'll just set it to a value where I think it looks nice. c:

Yes, in addition to the Creeper Egg light pet the exact same roughness appears to occur for the Gato Egg and Dragon Egg vanity pets (although the dragon is nearly motionless so it's less apparent, but it definitely doesn't look as nice as before). All three of these are from the Old One's Army event, so I'm guessing there's a common reason? o: All the other pets besides these appear to look just fine and I haven't noticed any other sprites that look bad besides these.

Last edited:
So, regarding paintings, which ones have been made more common? The Big 5? Have you guys made paintings more common in cabins as well, since the 1.3+ generation of those cabins are a bit unforgiving in terms of painting spawns, with all the cobwebs and holes in the walls taking up spawning room? I'm just curious as to what extent you guys have solved this issue. Either way, its still really appreciated! My completionist soul is beaming with joy :D

I need help to update my Terraria for Steam. I tried resting Steam but no matter what i try, i can't download the update. It's much appreciated if someone can help me.

So, regarding paintings, which ones have been made more common? The Big 5? Have you guys made paintings more common in cabins as well, since the 1.3+ generation of those cabins are a bit unforgiving in terms of painting spawns, with all the cobwebs and holes in the walls taking up spawning room? I'm just curious as to what extent you guys have solved this issue. Either way, its still really appreciated! My completionist soul is beaming with joy :D

@Techdude594, "the big 5" (I love that term for it, because I know EXACTLY what you mean)

The Underground Cabin painting gen hasn't been touched yet, but my records for it are still open. I insisted on the Dungeon ones being worked on for the time being because Sparky was broken entirely, and there were other Dungeon generation modifications being done. :)

Side-note: I remember spending months farming the Big 5 (minus Sparky) myself back in 1.2 when I was just a regular old Terraria player. Was not fun, so I understand entirely.

Side note 2.0: In the wiki history for Paintings, every time someone tried to add a note about the rarity of the Big 5, it was reverted due to lack of evidence. It was actually true though, they've always been way too rare, for almost four years now!

I kind of hoped to have my ui smaller than default, because on a 1366x768 it feels a bit too big for me

A little disappointed the scaling doesn't go below 100%, was kinda hoping I could play on 1440x900 with ~80% scale. :/

Maybe, just would be nice to have complete control over the Zoom options in the .json file instead of adjusting the 1 - 2 value based on resolution, like if someone wants 80% or 280% zoom, why not give it to them.

I agree with the people listed above. Maybe decreasing the zoom with 4K would make mob spawning look weird and broken, but why not allow lower resolution players to zoom out to the level of 4K vision? Right now, the 4K and FullHD players have a massive advantage.. :sigh: I hoped to be able to zoom out on my 1440x900 monitor for ages..

I agree with the people listed above. Maybe decreasing the zoom with 4K would make mob spawning look weird and broken, but why not allow lower resolution players to zoom out to the level of 4K vision? Right now, the 4K and FullHD players have a massive advantage.. :sigh: I hoped to be able to zoom out on my 1440x900 monitor for ages..

Yeah, even on 1440x900 the accessory/vanity area's still a bit large and likes to overlap the minimap at times.

Does this fix the start-up bug where Terraria starts at an extremely low resolution, causing other programs' windows to be shrunk to that resolution and stuck at the top left corner of the screen? That has been a really annoying bug since 1.3 came out.

Last edited:

@Ziem, good question, and I don't have an answer as to why, but I can ask. :)

EXACLY. Also, the map is cool on FullHD and 4K, but extremely annoying on HD or lower.. That's why I ALWAYS have to turn it off..
[doublepost=1492627674,1492627621][/doublepost]
:O THANKS!

Yeah. I just feel that making it 'default' to 100%, but allow us to go down to at least 80% would be a good option for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom