PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the download for the update? And if no one answers, well...
:mad:
OH COME ON! WHY DOES EVERYONE IGNORE ME?
NOTICE ME!
Steam will automatically update your Terraria. There is no need to manually download it.

If you are using GOG, then as far as I'm aware you will have to wait for a few hours/days until the GOG people implement the update (they have to do that manually).

thanks for screwing the modding community :red:
A sentiment I've heard multiple times over the last couple of days, and one that I feel is not at all fair.

Updating any form of software tends to break its dependencies. Just look at Unity: it's littered with deprecated methods. Even if there is official mod support, there is no guarantee that any update won't break those 'supported' mods (as plenty of games with mod support will show you). The only way the modding community would no longer be 'screwed' if is Re-Logic stopped releasing updates whatsoever. If we're really going to think in absolutes here, then it's a choice between screwing the modding community, or screwing the entire community.

But even then, that statement holds no ground. Terraria has no official mod support, no. Because if you develop a game, you pretty much have to build it with mod support in mind: trying to incorporate it afterwards is an order of magnitude more complicated and time consuming (time that could be spent on developing actual content). When Terraria was written, the developers had no idea that it would become as successful or as large as it has (which admittedly, is extremely impressive), so mod support wasn't a primary concern (note that this was all before the Steam Workshop came out). And thus it still hasn't got any, because of how time consuming it would be.

So despite not having official mod support written in the software, Re-Logic actively supports community modding, going as far as allowing actual modifications to the main executable (the developers that allow that are few and far between, and doing it without permission is in fact illegal). Not only that, but Re-Logic has a history of hiring their programmers from the modding community, and their current programmers are active in the tModLoader discord helping out whenever and wherever they can.

If that is 'screwing the modding community', then quite genuinely I don't know what else to tell you.

Can we finally get an option to rebind or atleast deactivate the function keys (F-keys: F7, F8, F9, F10, ..), please?
It's extremely annoying if you binded TeamSpeak stuff or the Steam overlay on these keys.
I won't rebind them because I don't have the problem anywhere else.. Thanks
I would really appreciate it.

4k support is broken now for me, worked fine in the 1.3.5, hotfixes borked it probably
Resolution options revert to 800p after 1080p
Any help? :(

Just updated my Linux server to 1.3.5.2, console input is broken by seemingly random Chinese characters now. The console output is English, but anything I type is converted to Chinese characters for some reason including the Return key which is bizarre, so I can't type or execute server commands. Server works fine besides, but not being able to save manually is an issue.

We are aware of this issue, it only came to our attention late yesterday. Thanks for the report. :)

Another game to have terrible font for russian localisation. Meh.

The feedback on the Russian font is being taken into consideration, but licensing new fonts can take a little while, so its not as simple and quick a process as some might like. We are listening though!

thanks for screwing the modding community :red:

Any update we make will break mods. The only way to avoid this is to never update the game again, and I don't think anyone wants that. ;)

I am very happy that the font looks a lot better again as of the latest hotfix. ^_^
It also scales nicely now when resized, although the loot pickup text and the text that appear above the characters' heads when typing messages in the chat don't scale as well as all the other text.

Last edited:
Is there any plans to allow players to select a resolution greater than their monitor? I was looking forward to setting the game to 3840x2160 (4K) then have it downscaled to fit my monitor, which would still make the game look better than running at native resolution.

Great work nonetheless!

Is there any plans to allow players to select a resolution greater than their monitor? I was looking forward to setting the game to 3840x2160 (4K) then have it downscaled to fit my monitor, which would still make the game look better than running at native resolution.

Great work nonetheless!
I don't imagine internal supersampling would be implemented for a game like Terraria, but if your video card supports it then this is something you can set up via your video card control panel. NVIDIA calls this DSR/Dynamic Super Resolution, but there are other methods for running games in downscaled resolutions as well. Resolution downscaling is mostly only useful for 3D games, though, it will bring virtually no improvement to Terraria's visuals. But it /does/ remove the aliasing caused when using the new zoom feature, so that's something. There's no aliasing at your native resolution if you make 50% adjustments to the zoom level (i.e. 100%, 150%, 200% etc.), however.

A sentiment I've heard multiple times over the last couple of days, and one that I feel is not at all fair.

Updating any form of software tends to break its dependencies. Just look at Unity: it's littered with deprecated methods. Even if there is official mod support, there is no guarantee that any update won't break those 'supported' mods (as plenty of games with mod support will show you). The only way the modding community would no longer be 'screwed' if is Re-Logic stopped releasing updates whatsoever. If we're really going to think in absolutes here, then it's a choice between screwing the modding community, or screwing the entire community.

But even then, that statement holds no ground. Terraria has no official mod support, no. Because if you develop a game, you pretty much have to build it with mod support in mind: trying to incorporate it afterwards is an order of magnitude more complicated and time consuming (time that could be spent on developing actual content). When Terraria was written, the developers had no idea that it would become as successful or as large as it has (which admittedly, is extremely impressive), so mod support wasn't a primary concern (note that this was all before the Steam Workshop came out). And thus it still hasn't got any, because of how time consuming it would be.

So despite not having official mod support written in the software, Re-Logic actively supports community modding, going as far as allowing actual modifications to the main executable (the developers that allow that are few and far between, and doing it without permission is in fact illegal). Not only that, but Re-Logic has a history of hiring their programmers from the modding community, and their current programmers are active in the tModLoader discord helping out whenever and wherever they can.

If that is 'screwing the modding community', then quite genuinely I don't know what else to tell you.
i know this, i didn't mean any offence to the devs, i know changing code inevitably does such things, i made that statement in a half jokingly manner, i just hope that it gets acknowledged as it is quite sad, i'm sorry if you in any way got offended by my post
[doublepost=1492893106,1492892835][/doublepost]
Any update we make will break mods. The only way to avoid this is to never update the game again, and I don't think anyone wants that. ;)
i know but it's just sad to see, as in my opinion some mods make terrraria almost 100% better, it's already a great game but mods add so much more and i've spent the past 2 months or so in the modding community, it's just very sad.

Good afternoon again everyone!

Another list of fixes, and a small pair of features are going live in our 2nd hotfix for 1.3.5!

1.3.5.2 Hotfix
Features:
  • Town NPCs now have a golden frame over their room banner if the player specifically assigned it for them
  • Improved visuals on a few things

Fixes:
  • Switched to an easier to read font for Chinese
  • Fixed faults for Chinese input on Mac OS X
  • Fixed unintended forced zoom for 16x10 resolutions
  • Fixed Ghastly Glaive not damaging any enemies
  • Fixed some sliders missing sound on hover
  • Fixed crash when a hardcore player dies
  • Fixed player's breath meter moving unexpectedly when using Binoculars, Sniper Scopes, or Zoom
  • Fixed certain item slot interactions not functioning when gamepad instructions are disabled
  • Fixed Shrimpy Truffle's mount not allowing the player's head to touch the ceiling
  • Fixed fresh installations of the game showing an inappropriately sized language selection menu
  • Fixed Town NPCs attempts to return to their room not being as successful as they should be
index.php

We're currently looking closely at a few other bugs, some from before the update, and some more recent, so that will be our short term focus in the near future.

Review of your feedback on the new translations is proceeding, and we are about ready to start incorporating some of the changes already. We'll continue to monitor your suggestions moving forward!

As usual, if needed, you can update your server files to 1.3.5.2 by following the link below:
http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1352.zip

The golden frame for NPCs is really nice :)

But you guys forgot to update the assembly file version again....
(it's still 1.3.5.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom